Hang in here Ashley. (1 Viewer)

Yeah, she doesn't need anyone to be hard on her - she's hard enough on herself. Not that it's a good thing to take out cones or cross the center line -but it's happened to a LOT of people, and she's just one of them.

Hang in there kiddo. :)

Damn, ESPN2 camera and Gary G were in her face literally. Give her some breathing room/privacy.

i agree, it seems gary ALWAYS brings up the negatives in the big end interviews. hang in there ashley! i think everyone saw today how unpredictable and hard the funny cars are to control. ashley will be fine, the wins are just around the corner, hopefully in gainesville!

Just one of those things to mark as a lesson learned. Tony P had the same thing happen to him, and he did a great job of lifting and getting the car to the stripe without a DQ. This will only make her better.

I too thought Gary was a little harsh on her... but he is to everyone. I guess it's one of those things she'll have to learn.. kind of give a quick comment and get away...Whit has done it for years when you can tell he's obviously pissed off.

T

Damn, ESPN2 camera and Gary G were in her face literally. Give her some breathing room/privacy.

She seemed to be alright when they were in her face in Pomona... She'll be looked at with a microscope until there is someone else to focus on.. She'll need to get used to it..

Doesn't help when everyone tells her that its OK to hurt parts and keep your foot in it until it blows either...

I don`t think she was all that upset about the loss, but just knowing what could`ve happened if Gilby would`ve been running right there next to her. That could`ve been a nasty incident! I wish she would`ve just walked away from the cameras for a minute before doing the interview...or just not done one at all. Gotta feel for her when every move she makes is scrutinized for all the world to see. Best of luck to her in Gville, that girls gonna be alright!

That had to be one scary ride. But I too think she'll be alright. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I think she'll probably take a look at what happened, learn from it, and then move on turning her attention to Gainsville.

Wow, how things have changed! The last female drag racer to cry on ESPN was crucified here. I think I like this real name thing!:)
Yeah, but the last gal that cried on ESPN has about 300 Professional races under her belt. Ashleys gets cut a little slack.

That had to be one scary ride. But I too think she'll be alright. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I think she'll probably take a look at what happened, learn from it, and then move on turning her attention to Gainsville.

Hmmm.. How scary..as the butterflies were open on the first cone AND the second one...?? Damnit- drive the car like A RACER, NOT HOW POPS TELLS YOU TO...

I'm sure a good part of her distress was that she knows she's under the microscope, and she committed the cardinal sin of drag racing (not keeping it in your lane). In her mind, it was probably the biggest blunder anyone had ever made in drag racing, and she was probably waiting for someone from NHRA to walk up and tear up her license right there on camera. I'm sure she'll more or less get a pass on this one (as she should)- no one will be harder on her than herself, and most others will chalk it up as a learning experience. No harm, no foul. The next time she crosses into the other lane, though, she better not have any wheels on the ground or be in a big ball of flame.

Hey, she was critiqued to the hilt on what to do and what not to do, and when it happened she didn't save the run. With that said, it's akin to telling someone how to wrestle an alligator. It's easy enough to explain but when it's happening, that's a whole different thing. Selzi didn't DQ, but lost to the lane in any event. Stuff happens.

Lefty:)

I think the best part of this for her is she has gained a new respect for the car and what it wants to do regardless of her input. In her words she said that it had come back 3 times before and this time it didn't. It is just a learning cycle. She will be fine.

As a side note, Ask any funny car driver if the car ever scared them and if they are honest they will answer yes. From that they learned what to look out for so they don't get in that position again.

jim

It was a rookie mistake, those happen.

I think between making the mistake which gave away her first round win and the realization of what could have happened if Gilby had been close really hit her hard. I think thats a good thing. One it shows she cares, and two its also good to have the respect reminders when driving one of those. Doesn't matter if you're a rookie or not, you always need to be on your toes.

Good luck Ashley

btw as somone else mentioned it is nice to see someone make a mistake, then show honest emotion and not get crucified on here, good job everyone.

No crying in drag racing.

That camera in her face is the reason her dad has 4 cars. If nobody cared to see it, Castrol wouldn't care to write checks.

Pull on your big girl panties, say you messed up, and that you're looking forward to Gainesville.

And quit showing her mom and sisters....use that time to interview Mike Edwards, who is a positive role model, and is doing something to make drag racers look like decent folks.

No crying in drag racing.

That camera in her face is the reason her dad has 4 cars. If nobody cared to see it, Castrol wouldn't care to write checks.

Pull on your big girl panties, say you messed up, and that you're looking forward to Gainesville.

And quit showing her mom and sisters....use that time to interview Mike Edwards, who is a positive role model, and is doing something to make drag racers look like decent folks.

Thank you! People on here don`t need to get crude,
but now it`s all PC comments.
Glossing over their real thoughts I`d bet.

Take that crying interview and replace it with a
Jim Head first round interview, ask him about
the personal best ET pass he just made, and
help the guy find a major sponsor. The other
Ashley broke , had to be very disappointed
and faced the camera with positive determination.

Well said Scott, I would prefer to see the underfunded drivers get interviews in lieu of excessive Force coverage, although it was nice to see Jim Yates and Gary Densham get some air time yesterday.

Yeah, but the last gal that cried on ESPN has about 300 Professional races under her belt. Ashleys gets cut a little slack.
Big difference over sheading a tear or two because she lost control of her ride, rather than boo=hooing over the xmas tree or she didn't weigh right at the scales.:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back