Goodyear Statement - no response from NHRA? (1 Viewer)

So, he asked, can a fuel car hook up without doing a burn out? Let's say, oh, a dry hop and go.

Ian's right. Jim Head's been advocating dropping the burnout for some time now. He's said before that if NHRA would let him, he'd bypass the waterbox and pull to the line, and it wouldn't make any difference.

Its unforunate but I seriously doubt that M&H, Hoosier etc would have the finances or technical experience to manufacture a TF tire. Firestone? probably. But I'm sure that they figure that the cost of developing a tire is too much considering how few TF tires they could sell.

Uuhh... Scroll up a couple, Charles..

It's like dejaVu all over again..

Ian's right. Jim Head's been advocating dropping the burnout for some time now. He's said before that if NHRA would let him, he'd bypass the waterbox and pull to the line, and it wouldn't make any difference.

So then, the question is, does putting the extra heat into the tire have adverse effects on the tire construction and could it lead to delamitation?

Uuhh... Scroll up a couple, Charles..

It's like dejaVu all over again..

Frankie Pedregon lost a sponsorship because Toyo was going to produce one but NHRA and all of their wisdom blew that deal. :cool:
Firestone had plenty of probelms of their own with the Ford Excursion lawsuites! :eek:
The other companies would produce a T/F tire except why would they want to waste rescorces if they cant sell it? ;)

So then, the question is, does putting the extra heat into the tire have adverse effects on the tire construction and could it lead to delamitation?

There are some other factors in place during a burnout. I've been told that building the proper amount of heat in the clutch is critical. Observed several TF teams pushing the car though the water box at Phoenix time trials - drivers then eased into the thottle instead of doing a violent burnout.
Jim O . . . if you're watching, I'm sure we would all be interested in the dynamics involved here!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back