Good Morning Drag racing! (1 Viewer)

I cannot imagine the sound... The echo from the building is very significant in the city. Just my Camaro with a 383 echos to the point where people stop and stare. I would think a few windows might crack if they actually lit off a fuel dragster... :D

Back in the 90's here in Albuq. There was a guy with a Blown Chevelle with a 540 CI that ran low 9's. One night he had that car on display with a local rock radio station in Downtown Albuq. When the promotion was over he started it up and drove up and down Central Ave. a couple of times and he stood on it more than once and he did NOT have mufflers either! Let's just say he cleared out a couple of Bars when they heard this thing in the midst of all those 8 to 20 story Buildings! As loud as that was I can't even fathom what a Fuel car would sound like in Times square seating the Clutch......:eek::eek:

I cannot imagine the sound... The echo from the building is very significant in the city. Just my Camaro with a 383 echos to the point where people stop and stare. I would think a few windows might crack if they actually lit off a fuel dragster... :D

GMA shoots in Times Square... Even those that haven't been to NY recognize the area..One of the widest gaps between buildings because of the odd intersection of Broadway and 7th Ave (I think..Jackee?) creates a couple of trapazoid and triangular islands.. The distance between buildings is greater than what is found in a normal city block.. Fire em up!!! :D

Nada Richard, just what the link had. I'm guessing it's the Wednesday prior and that's just a guess...

Richard I doubt they'd ever let the Torco team lite that car off in Time's square! Too many winey bastards waiting to Bitch about anything! But I'd LOVE to see it!

I'm glad to see that joe from new Mexico knows enough about the people in New York to know that there are " too many winey bastards waiting to bitch about anything". Joe where do you get your information from????? i'm pretty sure you don't know what yer talking about since you've got close to 2000 posts on this forum and that usually means you don't leave the house much. Fact is there are alot of drag racing fans in new york and the surounding area. And a few of us have been posting on this forum for a long time. i think you might of heard of Mike Ashley and Tony Bartone. Both from the New York Area. And as Jackee said people from new york are very open to new experiences.

If new yawkers don't like it they can always flip the bird like they always do! But it would be cool to see that (the car, not the people)!

I used to live 30 min away from NYC, btw...

12 Million plus people in the Greater NY area means you are sure to get some whiners, but the exposure to that number offers a tremendous opportunity.
NYC probably has a sound ordinance that would preclude firing up a nitro car.

I'm glad to see that joe from new Mexico knows enough about the people in New York to know that there are " too many winey bastards waiting to bitch about anything". Joe where do you get your information from????? i'm pretty sure you don't know what yer talking about since you've got close to 2000 posts on this forum and that usually means you don't leave the house much. Fact is there are alot of drag racing fans in new york and the surounding area. And a few of us have been posting on this forum for a long time. i think you might of heard of Mike Ashley and Tony Bartone. Both from the New York Area. And as Jackee said people from new york are very open to new experiences.

It's comes from a Aunt who lived in Queens for 40 years, a Great aunt who lived on West 96th for over 50 years. It comes from going there 3 times in the Summer sweating my junk off, witnessing just how Rude can be first hand! The one time I did go to E-town in '03 I saw my share of Rude NY 'ers. I'd say I know what I'm talking about...:confused:

Jesse James fired up a car a couple of years ago when he was on the David Letterman Show. It was probably one of the Monster Garage cars. Anyone remember? Help!!!

I love New Yorkers! It is great people watchin'!!!

12 Million plus people in the Greater NY area means you are sure to get some whiners, but the exposure to that number offers a tremendous opportunity.
NYC probably has a sound ordinance that would preclude firing up a nitro car.

Most New Yorkers wouldn't notice if you made a pass through Times Square with a fuel car.

Jesse James fired up a car a couple of years ago when he was on the David Letterman Show. It was probably one of the Monster Garage cars. Anyone remember? Help!!!

I love New Yorkers! It is great people watchin'!!!
It was the Hot Dog Stand Digger, and I know the local PD would not let him, either fire it up, or do the pre-planned burnout... :( I could use the help also... :rolleyes:

Martin slamming me on threads I don't even read... :D That was good though...
Just wait til SCDC, and WE are making a full pull BRO!! :eek:

Do I have to get up early for this? I think Melanie was on Fox & Friends before - and it was totally lame - they didn't have a clue about drag racing. I think they raced scooters or something - waste of time to stay tuned.

Shoeracing.com : News

Somebody posted a photo of Broadway Freddie doing a burnout at Coney Island a while back, also I think it was Bruce Larson did a burnout in downtown Boston to promote a F/C race at New England Dragway back in the day. Whatever, Cool chit! Perhaps the local watch vendors in times square could offer special pricing for the big event!!!!:D:D:D

According to Compplus, leading up to E-town Angelle Sampey, Melanie and Ashley will be on Good Morning America! That should be Huge!

Sure be awesome if they fired up the Torco dragster in Time square!

Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - Drag Racing's Internet Magazine - GOOD MORNING DRAG RACING!

After the tragedy in Tenn. these ladies had better be well prepped if they do get on the show. No doubt, they'll be fielding questions about the crash.

After the tragedy in Tenn. these ladies had better be well prepped if they do get on the show. No doubt, they'll be fielding questions about the crash.

Amen to that Mike.

I was talking with someone earlier today about the crash and how it was being reported. To my shock, he told me that NBC acutally took the time to educate it's viewers by showing them what a drag strip is, how there are barriers between the track and spactators, and on and on about the safety of sanctioned drag racing. He called the crash a stupid mistake indicative of street racing not drag racing,

These ladies are well schooled in pr. I am sure they will be perpared to answer the questions. Remeber it did not happen at a NHRA track. The only problem is AMS Pro Mod will also be at Englishtown this weekend. It may come up on the show.

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD YET!!!!

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS!!!

(not about the tv show, don't watch tv except speed channel and ESPN2)

Can you Share this on the other post or make a new one so that the grieving process can continue from the other one for the victims? THIS IS SO POSITIVE!!!!

Kind regards,
Nancy

These ladies are well schooled in pr. I am sure they will be perpared to answer the questions. Remeber it did not happen at a NHRA track. The only problem is AMS Pro Mod will also be at Englishtown this weekend. It may come up on the show.
This has transcended from being a "feel good" piece to hard news. The questions will be pointed and will have to be answered in a forth right manner with no "cover up" or avoidance. What's done is done, unfortunately, but IMO, these women do have an opportunity to put a positive Face to Professional DR in light of the preceding tragedy. They will have to be well prepared by a news media professional, and then answer as the stand up women they are in their own words. This may well be a defining moment for DR.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back