Good Morning Drag racing! (1 Viewer)

Joe thanks for the link, I'll be watching with the rest of the boys and girls at the station. Do you think, if they do fire the top fueler up, that the noise will rattle any of the glass windows around? :D

Richard I doubt they'd ever let the Torco team lite that car off in Time's square! Too many winey bastards waiting to Bitch about anything! But I'd LOVE to see it!

great news, but imagine the lame questios from people who know nothing about our sports and who only look at it in negative light :( but very cool to see nhra getting major exsposure!

Richard I doubt they'd ever let the Torco team lite that car off in Time's square! Too many winey bastards waiting to Bitch about anything! But I'd LOVE to see it!

Remember, with the right permits (which the Morning Shows have a lot of juice to get..), the Top 10 NASCAR guys drive almost a half mile (the long way)from the Today Show to Radio City, with air coverage. True, the cars are muffled, but 10 of them are still loud.

I've done enough of the morning shows to know that they get what they want- our overflow crowd with one act shut down 5th Avenue during rush hour- no easy feat..:eek:... Maybe a letter writing campaign is in order asking them to get permission to fire Mel's POW car for 30 seconds? :cool:

i think this will great exposer and it needs to happen much more often. the one thing NHRA has that Nascar doesn't is Ladies in the mix. to my knowledge Drag racing is the only professional sport where Ladies and Men compete at a hi level together and displaying our women can definitely peek some interest from the general public. My only gripe is maybe Erica E. or Karen S shoulda been invited too

Why not light off Mels fueler, remember when Force was on Leno and he did a burnout on the back lot? Can you imagine how quick that Times Square crowd would disperse if Melanie were to whack the throttle a couple times! Fire it up on 98% and then leave the big yellow nitro cloud hanging in the air.

I remember in 1996 or '97 when the Good Morning America weather guy came out to Topeka to do his forecast from a remote location. He gave his report and then ended it with Shelly Anderson doing a burnout. He then interviewed her in the next segment.

Our guys can be so cool when they're asked about diversity, "No big deal, we've been on a level playing field since Shirley wom the Championship (Yeah, THe F-ing CHAMPIONSHIP!) over 35 years ago."

C'mon in (read-SPONSORS) the water's fine! (and an amazingly good value.)

PS: NHRA doesn't have to do any high cost P.R. campaign either.)

Why not light off Mels fueler, remember when Force was on Leno and he did a burnout on the back lot? Can you imagine how quick that Times Square crowd would disperse if Melanie were to whack the throttle a couple times! Fire it up on 98% and then leave the big yellow nitro cloud hanging in the air.

Not to mention the echo in the midst of all those Skyscrapers!:eek::eek:

Having lived in New Jersey for all but three years of my life, it's been my experience that 'New Yorkers' are usually cool enough to really enjoy a fire up in Times Square.

That being said, it probably won't happen, not because they are whiners, but for security reasons. An unfamiliar LOUD sound in NYC, would probably not be a wise thing to do. I can only imagine what the sound of an airliner only several of hundred feet off the ground sounded like prior to impact, on 9/11.

We live in a much different world then when Garlits fired up #33 (or was it 31?) in front of the Smithsonian when it was inducted as a permanent display.

A Top Fuel Dragster in Times Square is STILL awesome. Melanie had her car on the sidewalk in front of the hotel (Waldorf?) when she was up for a award or receiving an award last year. I think it's great.

Go Mel, Ashley & Angelle. You're all great ambassadors for the sport.

Having lived in New Jersey for all but three years of my life, it's been my experience that 'New Yorkers' are usually cool enough to really enjoy a fire up in Times Square.

That being said, it probably won't happen, not because they are whiners, but for security reasons. An unfamiliar LOUD sound in NYC, would probably not be a wise thing to do. I can only imagine what the sound of an airliner only several of hundred feet off the ground sounded like prior to impact, on 9/11.

We live in a much different world then when Garlits fired up #33 (or was it 31?) in front of the Smithsonian when it was inducted as a permanent display.

A Top Fuel Dragster in Times Square is STILL awesome. Melanie had her car on the sidewalk in front of the hotel (Waldorf?) when she was up for a award or receiving an award last year. I think it's great.

Go Mel, Ashley & Angelle. You're all great ambassadors for the sport.
So were still at the mercy of the uncatchable Osama huh? Fire em up!!

i think this will great exposer and it needs to happen much more often. the one thing NHRA has that Nascar doesn't is Ladies in the mix. to my knowledge Drag racing is the only professional sport where Ladies and Men compete at a hi level together and displaying our women can definitely peek some interest from the general public. My only gripe is maybe Erica E. or Karen S shoulda been invited too

Hillary Will should be there too!

What is the possibility of breaking some windows is the car is fired up?
Can you say "glass insurance"
can't wait.
Wonder if the trio will stop in over at Live Regis and Kelly show.

What is the possibility of breaking some windows is the car is fired up?
Can you say "glass insurance"...

Pretty long odds (kinda like Ghio Jr making a Pick the Winners Top 10...:D).. Odds are better that the vibrations will cause structural failure of the window frames (that hold aquarium quality windows, btw..), causing the window to fall out, or the sonic waves will shake something loose on one of the low ledges... At the longest, they may get 30-45 seconds of cackle, and if the local crowd is lucky, maybe a throttle slap or two... The idea of unbridled horsepower is more of the attraction of what this sport is about than the "diversity" that this segment is being themed twords, but ANY national press is a good thing... I still say, burn up a few gallons of 95%!!:cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back