get your acts together guys (1 Viewer)

superman

Nitro Member
look i may be new to this website and to be honest i dont mind what half of you think about me but it seems as if none of you can be greatful for any shows on drag racing i mean we watch nhra and you guys b*tch bout paul page then we got pinks again a drag racing show which many seem to enjoy but no thats not good enough for us guys who hide behind the computer i mean come on people are trying to make our sport better and all you computer crew chiefs are never satisfied seriusly at this rate there will be no drag racing then well hear all of you complain about why there isnt drag racing just take a look at where we stand its not the greatest we are in need of an up turn and it wont happen with a bunch of people constantly down talking our sport and on another note back to evan knoll he made a decision and regardless the teams he was sponsering are taking it fine so keep your input on that to yourselfs stop trying to run everything good in this buisness out but now that im down venting how about them patriots!

I love your thoughts that without the Internet and TV, drag racing would cease to exist...:rolleyes:

How it ever made it for 50 years without Pinks, I'll never know...;)

Hey Mike... Ready to handle play-by-play in a few weeks? My run starts Pomona weekend, so I can't even join in 4.40 shots :mad:... I'm relying on you and Kaptain K (and maybe the Boss, if we're lucky!) to keep me informed.. Are ya in?

Hey Mike... Ready to handle play-by-play in a few weeks? My run starts Pomona weekend, so I can't even join in 4.40 shots :mad:... I'm relying on you and Kaptain K (and maybe the Boss, if we're lucky!) to keep me informed.. Are ya in?

flops, tops, and mods.... someone else will need to do the gas classes and alky... let's see how it goes... and remember kids, I type slow...

d'kid

Holy Crap! I better get my membership sorted. Still looking for a sponsor though and some commentary specs. But will hopefully front for the new season with the power of speakers and a keyboard! Hopefully Ray will have his computer running on all eight again. Ahhh this season is going to be great lol. :p;)

Last edited:
as far as pinks, it ain't drag racing except it's two cars running in a straight line... as far as Paul? I like him better than Marty, but he ain't no Steve...

followed drag racing very well from the late 60's with drag news and N/D... but it's about the racing, not the hype. Ya want rumors, telephone or tell a racer... same day TV is nice, but a couple of week delay I grew up with I can deal too.

Think it's the short Attention span, Now Generation thing... most people I know don't get it... or they get a distorted idea of the sport from TV...

d'kid

Thanks Steven for the best run on sentence of the New Year! This is truly a work of art and mastery of the English language.

Now what are you trying to say?

Where is Goodwins "smart after reading this post" chart when you need it....

Thanks to the mater's search tool...
smarttoday.jpg

Steve,
It's human nature to sit still while in agreement and to stand and be counted when in opposition. Go to your local City Council meeting someday and count the number of open forum speakers in opposition of a proposed development and then count those in favor of such. 10 to 1 would be a conservative ratio. Disappointing as it may be, we are just doomed to such facts and the internet message boards follow suit.
For me, I'll just welcome you to the Mater again and let you know that despite your punctuation, I understand your view point. I'll also stand in the dummy's line where college education is absent. I've got all six kids done but for me it was a high school diploma. It's OK since I'll always out earn them?

Damn, talk about long winded. I thought I would never finish reading it. LOL.

Steven, I agree with some of your points. You are right, there are a lot of keyboard crew chiefs on here. But, they have just as much right to get on here as the people who attend the races as spectators or actually race themselves. That is one of the things I love about this country, we ALL have the right to say what we want about who, what, when, where or why, whenever we feel like it. You just have to have the balls to do it and then take the lashing for doing it. Remember, you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

.. Still looking for a sponsor though and some commentary specs...

Ray's writing them, but he's been seen hanging out with those SFI guys lately...

Maybe they are all using the same 'puter :rolleyes:..

Hey Bobby- HS Class of 79. Roadie Class of 80... ;) No sheepskin in my possession either, but I do residency at MTU (Theater Arts- Lighting Design) every year (now isn't that a hoot?!? :p)

as far as pinks, it ain't drag racing except it's two cars running in a straight line... as far as Paul? I like him better than Marty, but he ain't no Steve...

followed drag racing very well from the late 60's with drag news and N/D... but it's about the racing, not the hype. Ya want rumors, telephone or tell a racer... same day TV is nice, but a couple of week delay I grew up with I can deal too.

Think it's the short Attention span, Now Generation thing... most people I know don't get it... or they get a distorted idea of the sport from TV...

d'kid

I don't know but maybe it the era your raised in. Me, I have been Drag Racing since 69, first day I got my license.(64 SS impala 396 CU IN 4 Speed)Lots of safe street racing then KCIR. I remember only drag racing we saw on TV was Winter Nationals on ABC'S Wide World of Sports and that was it for the year. The rest of the year was racing almost every weekend and watching match races with all the big boys several times a year. It was a great time then and still a great time now. Make the most out of every day you have, hell a few blinks and it will be over. No b#*$hing here just full enjoyment. Love the smell of Torco Fuel when I fire up the Corvette.:cool:

I was in bed last night thinking about the Mater. Why is the Mater so good to me? Why do I care about the Mater so much? Well, while Joe and Randy are down at the local tavern sharing a beer and talking about Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr., I can't really go anywhere else but the Mater and talk about:

1. Why can't Warren bring back the Warbird for 1 year?
2. Do you miss Roland Leong as much as I do?
3. I drink Monster Blue, why can't the Funny Car be blue for 1 race?
4. Just which Coughlin is the best driver?
5. Who would you have dinner with: Melanie, Angelle, or Hillary?
6. Did I tell you I got my Snake and Mongoose print framed?
7. Hell no Tony P. never shut it off early with the boss in the other lane.
8. And Randy and Joe, you can't call me between 7-10 on Sunday night because I'm glued to ESPN2.

I don't care whose on the Mater, I'm just glad you're here.

I don't know but maybe it the era your raised in. Me, I have been Drag Racing since 69, first day I got my license.(64 SS impala 396 CU IN 4 Speed)Lots of safe street racing then KCIR. I remember only drag racing we saw on TV was Winter Nationals on ABC'S Wide World of Sports and that was it for the year. The rest of the year was racing almost every weekend and watching match races with all the big boys several times a year. It was a great time then and still a great time now. Make the most out of every day you have, hell a few blinks and it will be over. No b#*$hing here just full enjoyment. Love the smell of Torco Fuel when I fire up the Corvette.:cool:

64 Impala 396 CU IN 4 speed, Really?:confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back