Did IHRA and NHRA just get combined on the Mater (1 Viewer)

Scott,
That's the organization that will gain control of the entire drag racing community once NHRA expands their "Countdown" ideas to points for prettiest car, cleanest pit, best hospitality area as well as points deductions for not sharing sponsorships, speaking ill of the sanctioning body, or Heaven Forbid, not acknowledging Rick Stewart's instructions?

And IHRA is pretty honest about it at least. They are for profit and they are open-minded as well. And they come to Canada. And they recognize pro-mods. Far from perfect, but a pretty good alternative for me.

I don't mind things being combined. I usually avoided the Nostalgia area but now maybe I'll read up on it a little. I'm pretty good at just skipping threads based on the title of first few posts if I don't enjoy them.

Just another opinion...

I think it is OK.........just don't be messin with the Vbookie or we might have to send in the "leg breakers" :)

1320 or 660 it's all drag racin to me..... NHRA, IHRA or any others welcome to the jungle where we use our real names....

More the merrier... who got the beer????????? :D

If it aint broke, don't fix it.....
......that goes for the "countdown" too.......

I like it this way alot better....only have to look through one section now to read all the news.....

Seems OK, but can the prefix be dropped?
It clutters up the thread titles.

Everything is getting bundled together. I have to search for posts that are a little older, like the NHRA PS2 game thread.

It's worse now, than this morning- :rolleyes:

What nascar site are we trying to look like?? :eek::D:eek:

I stand by my earlier post even more now!!

Bright ideas are best left in the crayon box sometimes-
This is one of those-

Put it back- it looks kindegardeny, besides the cluster deal

But, whatever spins your starter- copyright- JJ

WHERE'S NOSTALGIA?? hello-

Another change?

Was this change necessary? :(Is lumping NHRA & IHRA in the same forum really a good idea?

I, for one, don't think so. What was wrong with being able to see the forums, and select the one you want to go in? Why smash them all together?

Must just be me, I guess. :(

Re: Another change?

I don't follow IHRA racing at all. I'd prefer not having to sift through threads relating to that body to find NHRA articles. Nothing against them...just don't follow them at all.

I dont like it either. I follow both but I hate looking all through the last ten pages. If you miss 6 or more hours the IHRA post will be on the next page and you might miss it. Then no one else will get a chance to read or coment.:(

Having all of the various forums together, and being able to simply pick the one you want to view, was way better. I don't follow IHRA, but I do post in it and the Nostalgia forum occasionally. I won't any more, if this format stays like this, because I know that the majority of people are not interested in those things, and I don't want them to have to sift through threads in which they have no interest, in order to find something. I totally agree with both John's assessments.

PLEASE PUT IT BACK SHANNON!

Well thats it! I now know for sure I'm a lost hopeless cause and need help in the form of a national race or some kind of fix.

My only regret is there is no IHRA nationals in D/FW along with the NHRA race at Ennis.

With that I will give Billy Meyers credit for trying to hold both venues at his underused super track years ago and of course being told quote: Are you crazy !
Well DUH !

Also I will give Billy credit for discovering big money headsup racing to bolster [ finally ] that same underused and hard to turn a profit single track.

What I'm trying to say in my round about way is to the truly hard core it's all good and of interest so I don't mind .
Many racers participate in both venues anyway.

Just use the headline NHRA or IHRA as a lead to the thread and carry on.
If the thread looks interesting I wouldn't worry about the venue .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back