Gatornats PSM Performance Triggered NHRA Parity Review (1 Viewer)

Put all of them in Sportsman Motorcycle. Then they could run on a handicap dial your own E.T.:D

Glad to see it, but methinks this is more a PR solution than a technical one. Adding weight to the Harleys or reducing it for Buell and Suzuki is a temporary band-aid, something that doesn't address the root of the problem - the one-off, performance-enhancing parts that only those two bikes are allowed to use.

What if Whipple were to come with a wad of money, become the 'Official Supercharger of NHRA', get in bed with a prominent nitro team and then have that team show up at a race with all their cars outfitted with screw blowers? With NHRA's blessing? With the rest of the field being told to pound sand, you have to run Roots blowers? Think the other teams would be down with this idea?

The short term solution is to add/reduce weight. The long term solution is to require Harley to make their technology, and parts, available to anyone who wishes to campaign a Harley, including DOHC, 4-valve engines.

Last edited:
Glad to see it, but methinks this is more a PR solution than a technical one. Adding weight to the Harleys or reducing it for Buell and Suzuki is a temporary band-aid, something that doesn't address the root of the problem - the one-off, performance-enhancing parts that only those two bikes are allowed to use.

What if Whipple were to come with a wad of money, become the 'Official Supercharger of NHRA', get in bed with a prominent nitro team and then have that team show up at a race with all their cars outfitted with screw blowers? With NHRA's blessing? With the rest of the field being told to pound sand, you have to run Roots blowers? Think the other teams would be down with this idea?

The short term solution is to add/reduce weight. The long term solution is to require Harley to make their technology, and parts, available to anyone who wishes to campaign a Harley, including DOHC, 4-valve engines.

I agree with this, make the Harley engines, etc. available to everyone. What would have happened to Pro Stock Car had GM made their race engines only available to one GM sponsored team? Or what if Mopar only made hemi fuel engines available to Mopar sponsored teams? Neither of those situations would be allowed, so neither should the Vance and Hines exclusivity with Harley.

Are you guys aware that there are teams that have exclusive blowers? As well as heads, and manifolds?

Alan

Are you guys aware that there are teams that have exclusive blowers? As well as heads, and manifolds?

Alan

Sure, but anyone that wants to run Pro Stock car can get the same basic parts to build a Chevy,Ford or Mopar. Same with Pro Stock bike, you can get a Buell or a Suzuki, but not a Harley....

Why not? That is the question everyone seems to be asking.....

Alan
Are all the parts the same architecture as what the others have? Any of those blowers screw style? the heads 4v OHC?
Slight changes to the the same shape chunks of metal is one thing-allowing total different designs is another.

Alan

Another apples to oranges comparison by Alan. :rolleyes: If Kurt and Warren Johnson were allowed tomorrow to start running a Lotus-designed GM 500 CI, 4 valve engine with overhead cams while everybody else was stuck with a 2 valve pushrod engine, would that be fair? Hell no it wouldn't! But that's basically what NHRA has allowed V&H and Harley to get away with.

.....Well put Brent, as that is about as close to what has been going on for several years as I've seen.....And to those who are thinking in terms of only this year, no, the same problem has been ongoing for some time and just looking at the wins and loss's do not tell the REAL story...................E

Alan

Yes Alan, but is there any one team in the other professional classes that has an exclusive to an engine design? Like I said in my earler post, it would be like Mopar only allowing Alan Johnson access to the pro stock hemi engine. No other team has access to the V-rod style pro stock motorcycle engine. They can either run the v-twin "Buell" or the Suzuki engine. In classes where head and manifold modifications are allowed, most of the top teams are running exclusive heads or manifolds, as in they start with a billet and a basic design and machine their own versions.

Yes Alan, but is there any one team in the other professional classes that has an exclusive to an engine design? Like I said in my earler post, it would be like Mopar only allowing Alan Johnson access to the pro stock hemi engine.

Or worse, Ford giving Larry Morgan the parts and technology to develop a 500CID version of Ford's DOHC, 4 valve Coyote 5.0 - then bribing NHRA to tell everyone else they not only can't run this engine, they can't compete with a Ford at all.

Well, NHRA said they'd make a call next week, so let's wait and see what they come up with. Should be interesting.

What about Force's deal with his "Ford Hemis"? And weren't the Ford Mustang Nitro bodies only available to the Forces and then Tasca and Wilkerson only....??

What about Force's deal with his "Ford Hemis"?

The 'Ford Hemi' is almost a clone of the existing Chrysler-based nitro engine designs, the only real difference being minor structural differences in the interest of reliabilty and ease of maintenance. That, and those 'I'm a Ford' Boss 500 valve covers. :) No performance advantage, and no, you can't buy one. :(

I believe you're correct about the Mustang bodies.

Harley kicks in over 800,000 dollars a year to NHRA. Official NHRA motorcycle. Think that is why they can get away with refusing to sell their technology?
The "exclusive' blowers and heads in fuel racing have the same basic architecture as the commercially available stuff. A 40-50 horsepower advantage in PSB is HUGE.

2 threads, Same bucket of tears! If it's so bad, boycott Harley Davidson. All of you weekend Hell's Angels, middle aged dew wearing, fingerless glove sporting, Gay Bagger riding Harley owners sell your hacks, and buy a Jap bike!

Last edited:
"2 threads, Same bucket of tears! If it's so bad, boycott Harley Davidson. All of you weekend Hell's Angels, middle aged dew wearing, fingerless glove sporting, Gay Bagger riding Harley owners sell your hacks, and buy a Jap bike!"
Uh, This has NOTHING to do with bike ownership. I don't own a bike and don't want one. This is about NHRA rule making, uneven treatment and the usual money talks in all the wrong places stuff.

2 threads, Same bucket of tears! If it's so bad, boycott Harley Davidson. All of you weekend Hell's Angels, middle aged dew wearing, fingerless glove sporting, Gay Bagger riding Harley owners sell your hacks, and buy a Jap bike!
HA, HA !! Funniest thing I've read all year, Well done!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back