Did Force just take the points lead? (1 Viewer)

My brain is addled. For the life of me, I can't recall...has John won a race prior to Mephis this year?

So, how does a guy with five wins not have a big enough lead? Is Force just qualifying that much better than Capps? Or were there some oildowns by the Brut car that I missed?

I must not be paying close enough attention.

Yes, Indy will be interesting. Isn't there some kind of stat about whoever is leading in the points after Indy usually wins the title?

I do agree it's Capps' year. It's nice to see another tight points chase down the stretch. This should only get better as things wind down. Now I am really stoked that I am going to Vegas 2. Well, I'll be in Vegas...just need to get my hands on tickets for the race...

But, I digress. Force can have the points lead for two weeks. Capps can share. I mean, he has had it since February (more or less). Kindof greedy, even for Ron. ;)

My brain is addled. For the life of me, I can't recall...has John won a race prior to Mephis this year?

So, how does a guy with five wins not have a big enough lead? Is Force just qualifying that much better than Capps? Or were there some oildowns by the Brut car that I missed?

I must not be paying close enough attention.

This is Force's second win in 2006, JFR's 4th (Robert & Eric each have one). If I'm not mistaken, Tony Pedregon has 3 wins so far this year.

Force has the points lead with only 2 wins because he has the best car (most consistent). Ron's either feast or famine many times, like John was last year. John would have won the 2005 FC title if he didn't have so many first round loses. If he won first rd, he'd more often than not win the race in '05. But I think he had like 10 first rd. loses last year.

This is Force's second win in 2006, JFR's 4th (Robert & Eric each have one). If I'm not mistaken, Tony Pedregon has 3 wins so far this year.

Force has the points lead with only 2 wins because he has the best car (most consistent). Ron's either feast or famine many times, like John was last year. John would have won the 2005 FC title if he didn't have so many first round loses. If he won first rd, he'd more often than not win the race in '05. But I think he had like 10 first rd. loses last year.

Yeah, and the thing is there are no bonuses for a win. It is just another round win as far as points go. I went to look at their finishes so far and Force has been in 7 finals this season winning 2. Ron has been in 8 winning 5. However, Ron has 6 first round losses to 2. There's 80 points right there.

I think there should be a 10-20 point bonus for the actual win but I don't see NHRA ever doing that.

Force has the points lead with only 2 wins because he has the best car (most consistent). Ron's either feast or famine many times, like John was last year.
I disagree. The car's been very consistent in qualifying.....they just don't run the big numbers, so they qualify in the middle of the pack. Hence, less points. I've even heard/read John say that the JFR cars can run the big numbers. They just aren't consistently running them. I know there were several races that Ron made it down clean on all 4 qualifying passes where all 3 JFR cars didn't.

Anyway, it seems the BRUT team has had a little trouble since the Western Swing. They were much more consistent in qualifying AND on race day prior to then.

BUT, it is in NO MEANS over!

Yeah, and the thing is there are no bonuses for a win. It is just another round win as far as points go. I went to look at their finishes so far and Force has been in 7 finals this season winning 2. Ron has been in 8 winning 5. However, Ron has 6 first round losses to 2. There's 80 points right there.

I think there should be a 10-20 point bonus for the actual win but I don't see NHRA ever doing that.

I agree whole heartedly, event winners need to earn extra points, bonus points, or whatever you want to call it.

Maybe you're right Kelly... and it's still anyone's game. I guess they've both been more consistent than everyone else. Tony Pedregon has had a good year too, I knew they were capable, but they're still surprising me, which is good. I want to see those guys do well.

Is anyone interested in a little wager?

If Force wins the championship, I wear a Force shirt for a day.
If Capps wins, one of you die-hard Force fans wears a Capps shirt for a day.
Small donation to winner's choice of charity or volunteer some time to said charity?

:D :D :D

Here we go again! Everybody got your scuba gear out of the closet so the finger pointing can begin. I clearly remember hearing about Team Force's diving when there was a two foot separation between two of their cars at well over 300 MPH.
Some of you give them way too much credit believing they are even better than they really are?

Aah. OK. I was able to see that other win on NHRA.com. Joliet? Yeah? Capps is definitely qualifying better this year than last year, but it seems like Force just qualifies well a lot. I just think it's interesting that all Force needed was a second win this year to catch up with Force.

Lately, Capps has been feast or famine...something I've been contemplating is that the hot weather tune up has been a tough thing to catch on to. The weather has heated up (and this is no slam on Ace or Richard Hogan) and Force and Tony Shoe kick it into high gear, but Capps and Troxel have issues...well they're not the only ones. Perhaps I'm oversimplifying. Be kind. I'm still learning!

As for T-Ped's wins, I'm not sure. I'm trying to pay attention, but it seems like for me, stats don't stick in my head anymore. Heh. But, he seems to be doing pretty well this season. Hasn't he moved from fifth to third in just the past six events or so?

But, I will continue to concur with Kelly. It ain't over yet. :)

Unless a miracle happens it's over. Force has a better team and two other good running cars to function as blockers. If he would stop screwing around with the A&E TV gig and get his head totally in the game the points chase wouldn't even be close.

It's his (Force) money, his equipment and so on...he can do whatever he wants. Dive or no dive! Whatever, I don't give a damn! I'm just pulling for the BRUT Dodge, because at the end of the day on Sunday's, that's all I can do.

Ladies and gentlemen, I strongly believe this is way too early to tell. What I don't want to see is any one running away with the championship. Let it come down to the last race of the season and even better how about the final round of the last race of the season. May the best man win!:D

Problem with Diving for Team Force is the Points money for 2nd and 3rd in points is better than 4th and 5th... Now that John's leading, if the #2 car is out, you aren't gonna see a dive. And if the Number 2 car is from JFR... oh well.

I just wish John M. and the crew can figure out what's Killing motors at the hit, this is like 5 in the last two races? And If Everyone running fuel can figure out the BELT problem, too much flex from snout overhang with the set back huffers?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back