Pro Stock under the old points. (2 Viewers)

haagar

Nitro Member
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but under the old system Anderson's lead would be down to 28 points.

The new system has done a good job of making Connolly's amazing late-season charge look like charity. Now the top two in the Countdown have had to give up hard-earned leads in the interest of creating excitement. I didn't have any problem getting excited under the old system, especially when a driver went on a hot streak and made up a big points deficit. Now it's done with the stroke of a pen (or the click of a computer mouse). Keeps me busy trying to stay on top of the "what-ifs," but there was plenty of that under the old system.

Nope, I still don't like it. Today was especially cruel as we watched Melanie's late-season charge with no hope of finishing better than ninth and Beckman's frustration as he watched his chances melt away with each round. Both deserved a chance to improve their standings in the final two races and the door has been slammed in their faces, they have been arbitrarily blocked from advancing beyond their current position in the points regardless of how well they run in the final two races, and "the fortunate four" can be secure in the knowledge they will finish no worse than fourth, no matter how badly they run in the final two races.

The eight cars that made the Countdown at Reading didn't fare very well today - except for Connolly and the two DSR cars. More than half didn't even make it out of round one. Championships shouldn't be decided on the basis of "who sucks the least" in the last six races of the season.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back