Courtney Force idler pulley (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Does anybody have a pic of Courtney's engine. On the broadcast when they lifted the body for her pass against Alexis I saw that there's an idler pulley just below and to the right of the top pulley on the OUTSIDE of the belt. Anybody know why they've got it setup that way?

Last edited:
My guess is less wear and tear to use the smooth side of the belt instead of the tooth side? Maybe easier and quicker to change with that pully right next to the blower pulley almost squeezing it together? Maybe without it being pulled out from the inside they can use a shorter belt with less deflection? Interesting setup. I hadn't noticed.

courtney%20belt_zps8ov0vnye.jpg

have they been tossing the belt lately? maybe a good measure added to press it against the top pulley....

here's 2 previous setups from Force Racing

Force-Engine.jpg
boss500.jpg

The blower belt does tend to flap around there on that side of the blower pulley, on the other side it doesn't because its being pulled on. It still has the other pulley used to tension the belt (its hard to see in that picture, but its there).

It is to help keep the belt from skipping on the blower pulley and tearing the teeth off of the belt......richie cramptons car has had it for a while now believe it is an Aaron Brooks design

The blower belt does tend to flap around there on that side of the blower pulley, on the other side it doesn't because its being pulled on. It still has the other pulley used to tension the belt (its hard to see in that picture, but its there).
That's what I was thinking, it keeps the teeth meshed in the cogs on the loose side of the blower pulley.

I missed the first round of TF (but got it on dvr) but when I watched it I seen the same setup on Brittany's TF car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back