before and after the run (1 Viewer)

Mike; I have two questions for you.

What are the travel tires ? Just an old set of tires or like a stiff street tire to eliminate any bouncing if the chassis going down the highway?

In the 70's & 80's we used what we referred to as the Leg. It was used to hold the clutch pedal in while towing the car in the pits. Is the clutch set up now different so the car will roll with holding in the clutch?

Mike; I have two questions for you.

What are the travel tires ? Just an old set of tires or like a stiff street tire to eliminate any bouncing if the chassis going down the highway?

In the 70's & 80's we used what we referred to as the Leg. It was used to hold the clutch pedal in while towing the car in the pits. Is the clutch set up now different so the car will roll with holding in the clutch?
Harry the reason I put on a set of travel tires is because some tires, and wheels leak around the beadlocks, and I would have to open the elevator door and go up stairs if I had to air up the rear tires. We had a set of old wheels and tires at the shop, so I mounted them up and put silicone around the beadlocks so they hold air pretty good. I also made a set of air lines that we screw on to the valve stem after the car is loaded, and then they hang down through a trap door in the floor, and I can air them up from down stairs. I put about 8 to 10 pounds of air in the travel tires. I also like to have only about 4 pounds of air in the race tires when we are not using them, so they stay smaller and don't strech. It is easier to strech a tire 2" then it is to make it smaller. To answer your other question. The car can be towed with out the clutch pedal pushed in.

This is a really cool thread, thanks Mike and Eugene!!! Are you guys running E-town or Maple Grove this year?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back