Courtney Force (1 Viewer)

probably 12 pair, 1 during warm up in the pits 1 after the run

Can you imagine?? I remember how amped-up I would get when we ran our 6-second altered. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to warm one of these cars up on jacks, let alone drop the hammer on one.......

Sean D

Can you imagine?? I remember how amped-up I would get when we ran our 6-second altered. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to warm one of these cars up on jacks, let alone drop the hammer on one.......

Sean D
Id love to find out!!!!

Courtney Rahal's sudden departure from NHRA drag racing has to be concerning to the sheriffs. If the sport can't hang on to one of the two marquee woman racers, some introspection is definitely in order on Financial Way. Years of low purses, amateur marketing and promotion and the sport's bend toward the geriatric millionaire hobbyist instead of young, talented and charismatic racers has led us to this.

Courtney Rahal's sudden departure from NHRA drag racing has to be concerning to the sheriffs. If the sport can't hang on to one of the two marquee woman racers, some introspection is definitely in order on Financial Way. Years of low purses, amateur marketing and promotion and the sport's bend toward the geriatric millionaire hobbyist instead of young, talented and charismatic racers has led us to this.

While I don't disagree with your statement regarding the NHRA, it could really be as simple as the Rahal's are starting a family and stepping out of the drivers seat for the time being is just what the doctor ordered. And I'm guessing that it's only the announcement that was sudden. I have a feeling that hiring Jimmy Prock back and bringing Austin along was all part of the grand plan for Courtney's retirement / hiatus.

Lets see..............be available for sponsors 24/7/365, spend 3-4 days at the track 1-2 days traveling, be in a fire suit in 100 degree weather.................
or
be a philanthropist for a world wide charity, flying around the world to far away exotic places, hob nobbing with the rich and famous................

she has done this most of her life, race, she earned the ability to enjoy it now. I am sure she will never hurt for money.

so by late October to November 2019 when she shows up with a newborn, all of the speculating will be answered....a lot of people don't quit to start a family...they quit because, well, whoops,
"We're pregnant!"

Like George Carlin once said..."why are there fewer kids born 9 months from Thanksgiving? It's because all the coats were on the bed..."

Come on Mark? Your support of Tiger and I would suppose for women in general? I find the lack of your support for Courtney and Gramnh's decision to start a family is a bit contradictory. I don't think it has anything to do with the NHRA or Indycar. It's personal and a life decision. Right?
Snip

Hi Snip.... Tiger and I both miss seeing you. I hope things are going well. We both miss the karting days.... And you are wrong about C. Rahal.

I haven't heard anything about a family, except for online rumors. :(
A quick Google search would show its been written in all sorts of different articles and not just talked about on forums and social media.

Here's 1:

NHRA Star Courtney Force Gives up Driving to Focus on Family

http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator...ney-force-gives-up-driving-to-focus-on-family

As well, you can't really get anymore clear than this:

Registered member said:
“This was a personal choice as I feel I’m ready to see what the next chapter in my life has in store for me while spending more time with family,” Force said in a press release.

This was far from a sudden decision. The first time I heard that this may happen was at the US Nationals last year. My hats off to the young couple for wanting to start a family.

Hi Snip.... Tiger and I both miss seeing you. I hope things are going well. We both miss the karting days.... And you are wrong about C. Rahal.
Wrong about CFR? Do you have the inside scoop? Pray tell. I'm well, living Texas with a wonderful woman, going to the Motorplex and Devils Bowl every once and while but sItill miss the days and my friends of yore.
My best to you and Tiger. -Snip

It's amazing how the proliferation of socials makes so many believe they deserve to know the personal plans of others.

I think many people don't want to be forced to continually call their shot in terms of personal plans and the timing thereof. She's a talent, a personality, and a huge loss for the fans of drag racing. Let her do her thing .... I'm guessing that we'd more likely see Alexis back in the NHRA before any of the Force departed ladies, and in large part that is due to the age of the children/young adults who call her mom. I simply don't think most of us guys truly appreciate the desire and commitment of the mom role as one of the most fulfilling careers you can have.

Courtney was a great ambassador of the sport for the time she was here. I think lots of people (especially young women who look to her as an inspiration) have mixed emotions about her retirement. Personally, I always pulled for her unless she was running Wilk or Beckman.
Women of child bearing age have tough choices with their career - none tougher than Courtney's.

FWIW: I'm very pleased that she and Graham are working out so well. In this day of celebrity relationships, the mutual committment is refreshing to see.

FWIW: I'm very pleased that she and Graham are working out so well. In this day of celebrity relationships, the mutual committment is refreshing to see.

remember....JF is the father-in-law....that there qualifies it as miraculous :p

remember....JF is the father-in-law....that there qualifies it as miraculous :p
Have you ever met Bobby? To get Bobby Rahal and John Force in the same room, would be a hoot to say the least! And, I'm sure it has happened? They are like Ying and Yang.

Also remember that she has probably raced for 15-20 years coming up thru the ranks that is an entire career for most. She spent her entire "child hood" racing. It is time for have to have her own life.

All of the Force girls have always come across to me as being very nice young women. Very level headed considering their celebrity status in the racing world. Parents seemed to have done a good job raising them.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back