Congrats Hot Rod! (1 Viewer)

Why did Force get in Beards face a few years ago again?? And was part of the opening for NHRA DR shows... :confused: Garlits never lost it, or Shirley, Prudhomme, Force, Kalitta, on and on and on...

Voice your opinions on this however you see fit...

Thanks for the invite Ray, so here is my opinion.......
Force got in Beards face because he (and driver Whit) tried to "burn him down" on the starting line. John & Whit were not "TEAMATES"
Has John Force lost his cool and gone off on other drivers ? Sure has,
but never on T. Pedregon, Denshem, Medlen or Height. Why ??? Because their TEAMATES !!
Garlits.... yep, Mad Man that "went off" a lot when he lost. The teammate aspect doesn't apply to him but when he did blame the crew he maned-up and used the word "WE" didn't get the job done.
Kalitta.... when you do see emotion come from this man it's anything but blaming others. You don't see him throwing Grubnic under the bus. Why ??? Because their TEAMATES !!
Then there's Capps. At last report, he hasn't popped Beckman in the lip for cryin' about Ron running a different MSD Ignition system or taken a swing at Scelzi. Word has it, they all hang out together. Why ??? Because their TEAMATES !!
Del Worsham.... he IS Team CSK ! Don't see Jeff Arend going off on Del.
Why ??? .........Oh hell, by now I hope you would get the point Ray.

BTW- Standard Operating Procedure> JMO

Last edited:
Whit may be an easy target because he wears his heart on his sleeve. After spending 15 years at turnaround I have seen a lot of drivers act in ways you never saw on TV. We suffered abuse because very few of them want to admit they made a mistake or are pumped up from a 300 mph pass. Whit was always a gentleman and I never had a complaint about how he treated us. He never called us "minimum wage dummies" or blamed us for tying his chutes in knots like other have.

A few years ago at Pomona, at the finals, a young man in a wheelchairs was brought down to turnaround during the final runs with his family. It was a Make-a-Wish project and he was a big fan of Whit's and wanted to meet him. Whit climbed out of his car and we told him there was someone who wanted to meet him. Whit talked with him and his family at length and as a parting gesture handed the young man his helmet. You have never seen such a smile. Did it get on TV or in ND? No.

Then last year when my wife, Carol, passed away I received two of the nicest emails from Whit. He didn't know us that well. He saw us about eight times a year when we worked, but he had enough compassion to go out of his way and write.

Time to get off my soap box. I just wanted people to see the other side.

Carl,

Thanks for your comments on Whit. Especially in that it concerns his behavior in the shutdown/turnaround area in which you worked, since that is the area in which he apparently got slapped with a fine and probabation for 2 years which may be up soon. He obviously spent time getting to know you and others that work at the track and was not always the a--hole that they always try to portray him as on TV. Anyway, thanks for sharing your perspective on his personality and good side.

I have always felt that Whit handled himself quite well with fans and sponsors and obviously he wears his emotions on his sleaves which is a curse. I cringe when I see or hear of things that occur during competition and I hope that this spat with Hot Rod blows over as everyone can see that Whit did all that he could to win that race even with the unsettling staging issue. Lee Beard just didn't get enough horsepower to the track and Rob Flynn did, and that's all there is to it. I don't see Whit blaming anyone for his loss, he just let off some steam over the fact that his teammate appeared to be screwing with him during staging, when in fact (according to Rod) it was an accident. Whit did not know that at the time of his outburst, so being that he lost a close race, he most likely boiled over. And it's quite likely he did not know he cut a better light than Rod right when he got out of his car, so he only knew he was messed with and he lost. I agree with others who still support Whit in that he can 't seem to catch a break (other than 2nd Rd.) when Mike Strasburg red-lit and Whit went up in smoke. ;)

Doc made a good point about how Whit might have been better off losing that round, but hey he went on to beat Tony Schu and made it to his first final of the year which was overdue. Was good to see both David Powers cars in the final, and seeing how this is the 1st year for that organization running 2 cars, that's pretty cool. :cool:

Chef
Would you please define what or who you mean when you say or think of, in the word teammate... :confused:

Are we only talking drivers here, or a team as a whole??
Because as you know, there is no I in team...

If you think you are going to bait me into one of your traps, you really must think I'm an idiot and have not seen your skills... I know how you work...

Now if you want my answer to if I get the point and leave it at that... The answer was and is YES!!

This is no different then when Whit took a swerve at John Forces car in the shut down area last year after he felt John hung him out. All Whit is doing, is letting people know it gets to his head. If I was in top fuel, I'd hang him out or go quick on him just to "rattle his cage" every time.
Remember the Godfather said to Sonny-- never let our enemies know what youre thinking-- If Whit was really an intelligent person as some have said in this thread, he would keep his mouth shut in a situation like this so the next people who race him don't do the same thing to him and ''rattle his cage' .
I too have tried to like him. And it looked like he was keeping his ''baby behavior ''down. But he really is incapable of being a man. And I say this not with any meanness towards him but with compassion for his problem. Whit you're a parent now and you need to set a better example for your son. Just my 2cents for what it's worth

I cant believe Fuller wasnt under orders to lay down for Whit. Whit moved up in points this weekend but an extra 20 points for the win sure would have helped in the points chase. Lets face it having two cars in the top eight stands to really help in a championship run. Not to mention that Whits car is the one with real sponsorship dollars behind it.

So the team trying to land a full-time sponsor (Rod) is supposed to take a dive in a final for the one that already has one (Whit)? Not likely.

This thread is getting old zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Ray wake me up when it's over. Thank you

There should have been a rule that prevented Shoe from pitching Whit until his reconstruction project was 100% complete. This is all Shoe's fault.

This thread is getting old zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Ray wake me up when it's over. Thank you
When I left here yesterday morning, everything was fine, Rod was getting his praise (all both of them) then it turned turd, and Whit's a dictionary again... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Correct me if Im wrong but... A drivers job is to focus on driving his/her car. Not the one in the other lane. If he puts both bulbs on....use your talent to block it out and overcome the distraction.

Correct me if I'm wrong..but this was only reported by CompPlus right..as in a passing thing at the top end. I haven't heard any more about it.

Jon Asher..can ya help us out here..or is the drive-by media doing Whit again..hehe.

Bazemore is always crying about something.

Maybe they should have had radio contact with each other so they could both make sure they were doing everything exactly like the other guy wanted them to. :rolleyes:

I try to like Bazemore. I even took him in the Fantasy deal this weekend. But he sure makes it hard to like him.

He should change his name to Bitch Waymore and drive in NASCRAP if he wants to be such a drama queen. IMO the NHRA is representative of what teamwork is all about. But when you get a prima-donna who wants to blame everyone but himself for a loss, it makes me think of the NASCRAP/CART drivers who lambaste their crews on TV - not cool at all.

"But there is in win." - Michael Jordan quote in Playing for Keeps

No I in TEAM but there is a M & E = ME ME ME ME ME ME

Must be the thin air in Col. Whit is back to being Whit and Jerry leaves a 50 thousands lying around. Must be the air........

Suzie, Didn't those DD's start out in NJ?

LOL :confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back