Chuck Beal Racing (1 Viewer)

Gordon

Nitro Member
Next Thursday (03/29/07) Chuck Beal Racing right here in San Diego is having an open house for about 200 guests (primarily military, I believe) at their shop. I was lucky enough to make the right phone calls to the right people and I'll be in attendance. I'm looking forward to meeting and chatting with Chuck, his driver Brandon Welch & their whole team. Apparently The Governator is supposed to make an appearance too, but that hasn't been confirmed.:eek:

Anyway, I think there are plans to fire the motor for a few minutes & I'm really looking forward to that as I'm not sure my schedule is going to allow me to attend a race this year.:(

If I hear anything about proposed races they may be entering this year and in the future I'll post it here... assuming they're alright with that. I'll also post some photo's from the nights festivities. (Note: Kelly, I may need assistance if you're available ;) )

Is anyone else going to be there?

I just spoke to Chuck, he said this is going to be "REALLY BIG".

I guess I'll show up...........oh, wait a minute, I'm on the team, I guess I have to be there.

Should be fun.
Steve

Hi Maters,
So I've been a passive reader at this site for some time (who isn't), but never really felt compelled to post until now. Thanks for the thread about the open house.

We got together with our good friend LCDR Shannon Corkill from Admiral Herring's office here in San Diego and decided to do a good will event for all the troops stationed in our home town. The highlight for me is that we're bringing in wounded war veterans as our guests of honor for the evening.

We will open up our shop for tours, play music, serve food, and have a lot of fun. Of course it's not a party without smelling some nitro, so we'll fire up the car and whack the throttle a couple times. Hopefully we'll make some new drag racing fans out of the deal and help these wounded warriors forget about the pain for a couple hours.

Any military personnel are welcome, but it's invitation only (first 200 get tickets). For more info visit Chuck Beal Racing - Official Site (give it an hour or so, my webmaster is updating the site at present).

Later on,
Brandon

Chuck Beal is Funny Car all the way....Sonoma 99, I think, he beat Force first round to the finish line...blew up big time...a-arm broke and cut Force off in the shut-down area and Force got tangled up in his chutes....Force was complaining big time...forgot who it was in the NHRA but they told Force....you lost...go home....

Beal sold me a -20 firesuit over the phone and sent it to me w/out any concern for the payment...basically said send me the money when you can....And we had never spoken before that phone call...
Good luck Beal and Brandon....

WOW! Thanks for all the good vibes. I could get used to this posting business. We are currently getting everything ready to test and finish my licensing in the coming months. I can't say when, but as soon as I finish licensing we'll be out there.

Suzie...I can honestly say that's the first time I've been purred at...(insert aww shucks comment here). That was histerical.

Terry...you have a great memory! I couldn't have told the story better myself. Chuck IS funny car all the way. Money or not, he finds a way to keep the car up to date and race as much as he can. I'm just glad to be along for the ride. My hero for sure.

Steve! What's up? I'm glad you can make it next week...should be a good time.

Suzie...I can honestly say that's the first time I've been purred at...(insert aww shucks comment here). That was histerical.

There are a bunch of dirty ole' ladies in my office purrring at your picture!!!:eek:

get used to it kiddo!!!:p

Brandon,

Thanks for putting me in contact with the right guy - LCDR Corkhill. I spoke with him yesterday and I pick up my ticket(s) tomorrow in his office.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you, Chuck, and the rest of the team next week... and I'm excited about hearing a couple blasts of the loud pedal!

My wife works right around the corner on Tierra Grande, but I never had a clue you were right there. See ya next week!

Can't wait to meet you Gordon. Hopefully I'm not totally stressed out coordinating things next Thursday so we can do some bench racing.

Sorry Suzie, in his haste to get the open house release posted, he didn't archive the old news post. I'll let him know Suzie Oberhofer is upset with him. By the way, my web designer has an amazing web site all designed and ready to publish (with pictures ;) ), so hopefully soon he will have the time to get it up and running (we all still have day jobs, unfortunately, so things take a little longer).

For those of you who can't make it, we'll take lots of pictures and make those available following the event.

>Brandon

That's O.k. Brandon, The Cover Story Is For A Wonderful Cause! I Hope All The Service Men & Women Enjoy They Festivities, It Sounds Like Fun!

Have A Great Time!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back