Camrie Accident (1 Viewer)

I cant believe the dj is back again this year? Such a waste,almost like the annoyimg geico guys that neber shut up lol
Isn't the DJ the former Geico guy?

I feel like they could solve all of our bitching and moaning if they would set up two separate channels on NHRA.tv One for PA feed and one for just trackside mic pickup. I know I prefer listening to the PA because I've heard what a fuel car sounds like, I want to know the tidbits Alan throws out during a run. PA sound is especially important during Sportsman competition where its very hard to see the scoreboards (Vegas is a perfect example) and its nice to know how far over/under someone went, what lights they cut, etc.

I know Galvin can be annoying at times, but he is not on the mic for us listening on .tv, he is for the crowd at the event trying to keep entertainment going when there is a delay on track. It is better to have something going on than crickets.

I feel like they could solve all of our bitching and moaning if they would set up two separate channels on NHRA.tv One for PA feed and one for just trackside mic pickup. I know I prefer listening to the PA because I've heard what a fuel car sounds like, I want to know the tidbits Alan throws out during a run. PA sound is especially important during Sportsman competition where its very hard to see the scoreboards (Vegas is a perfect example) and its nice to know how far over/under someone went, what lights they cut, etc.

I know Galvin can be annoying at times, but he is not on the mic for us listening on .tv, he is for the crowd at the event trying to keep entertainment going when there is a delay on track. It is better to have something going on than crickets.
Why not have both announcer and car sound? Works @ the track, would work on TV. If announcer gets blasted by car audio, all he or she needs to do is wait until they can again communicate.
Put the announcer on the starting line, car sound trumps announcer comfort level, they are being compensated to bring the sport to life on TV and stream
As much as NHRA (rightfully) is proud of Drag Racing history and brings it to life via cacklefests, nostalgia racing, museum and tributes to legends, think about this: our entire history on video is lost because of bad presentation. We will NEVER know how the first 300 mph run sounded, we will never know what a Pro stock burndown sounded like, we will never hear Swamp Rat 30, we will never experience a Chi Town burnout. All because nothing was ever captured on NHRA broadcasting, just announcers yelling to create false excitement and for their own enjoyment... and sports scrollbars
NHRA- this is 2024, stop living in 1920, we have the technology to bring the Drag Racing experience home, can even do it with hand held devices

I know im going to sound like an old man, but sometimes crickets is fine with me lol. When we used to go to Bristol we would get the TVC and try to relax in the ac tent,but there was ALWAYS some announcer blabbing, its nice to go in and sit down and relax but hard to do with some1 blaring on the speakers

The sound on nhra.tv this year has been noticeably better in my opinion. Seems to be more of a blend of announcer and on track activity.

I know the announcers take a lot of heat here but I think they do a great job. Alan, Joe, Galvin…they are good on the mic. When Lohnes joins in, he makes it better. He’s totally different than when he calls the race on Fox. I would bet they have encouraged him the be enthusiastic.

Logan gets crushed here but he’s for at track entertainment. Do some get tired of hearing him at the track? Sure…can’t please everybody. But some witty banter along with the music etc that he does seems to blend in while I’m there. Notice him much more on .tv

I know im going to sound like an old man, but sometimes crickets is fine with me lol. When we used to go to Bristol we would get the TVC and try to relax in the ac tent,but there was ALWAYS some announcer blabbing, its nice to go in and sit down and relax but hard to do with some1 blaring on the speakers
Not an old man thing. Sometimes less is more.

The sound on nhra.tv this year has been noticeably better in my opinion. Seems to be more of a blend of announcer and on track activity.

I know the announcers take a lot of heat here but I think they do a great job. Alan, Joe, Galvin…they are good on the mic. When Lohnes joins in, he makes it better. He’s totally different than when he calls the race on Fox. I would bet they have encouraged him the be enthusiastic.

Logan gets crushed here but he’s for at track entertainment. Do some get tired of hearing him at the track? Sure…can’t please everybody. But some witty banter along with the music etc that he does seems to blend in while I’m there. Notice him much more on .tv
I agree with what you have to say here. I like hearing the cars, no doubt, but I believe Alan does a great job and is very wise to the ways of the sport. I have learned a lot from him. I have no problem with the dj either, I’m not sure why people are so offended by him, but everyone is allowed to feel how they feel I suppose.

After I made a negative comment about Logan to Galvin, he told me and I quote "He plays into what he’s asked to do a lot". I have a new understanding...still annoying IMO, but understand.

After I made a negative comment about Logan to Galvin, he told me and I quote "He plays into what he’s asked to do a lot". I have a new understanding...still annoying IMO, but understand.
Yea, it seems he and Alan always have each others back. Probably helpful at times.............

Indeed. Listen to the perfectly detailed sounds of this TF warmup, whack and shutdown; if whoever took this video can capture the sound of a fuel dragster 10 feet away, FS1 should be able to bring equipment that can deal with the big dB load. Funny reaction from those two boys !

Meh, a throttle whack still isn’t as loud as the same engine on the big end with clutch 1:1 and full fuel flow, even with some lean out.

With as long as it took to see the chutes, my first thought was air somehow got the chutes wrapped around a tire or something. Or she blacked out momentarily.

I think it’s reasonable and I couldn’t live with the Fox tv schedule. The announcers are great, I don’t have to listen to Tony. And it seems that this season, they aren’t pumping the dj music through to tv. It’s very background like. A major plus.
FS1 has music in background with pro stock "highlights" . Its stupid.

Agree

It is improved this year, so far, you are correct. But sometimes, we just want the announcer to be quiet so we can listen to what’s going on. They don’t need to be talking every second of the time, but apparently they believe otherwise.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back