Best drag racing comment ever? (1 Viewer)

" For sheer drama, nothing I have ever seen in motorsport has impressed me like last Friday evening in Joliet. 'Primeval' is the word. Does the ground really shake as these things are unleashed? Be in no doubt. Tests have shown that it measures 2.3 on the Richter Scale. "

Veteran Formula 1 journalist Nigel Roebuck, writing in Autosport Magazine (June 6 2002) after his first NHRA experience.

One of the longtime top fuel racers from the front motor T/F days was about to make his first pass in a back motor fueler, The crewchief say's " I'll walk down to halftrack and when you go by I'll throw a quart of oil in your face so it will seem like a normal pass"!!!:eek:

Steve Evans...Kenji what went wrong on that pass...

Kenji Okasaki....Stevesan thinka Big a Jim a Dunn put to much crutch in da car...smoke a da tires

What was it, some years back about Garlits & Muldowney?.....Oh I remember, when she let Don take a pass in her car so he could try & hit 300mph....
I remember in an interview Shirley said, "I think Kalitta had to go have a drink when he heard about it"

Tri City Drag way, Saginaw, MI
Drivers are like spark plugs,.You burn one out , you unscrew him and screw another one in. Poncho Renden

Re: You Can't Fix Stupid

"You Can't Fix Stupid"

How soon we forget

I've been trying to think of a quote for the past couple days and couldn't come up with one worthwhile. This is what I should have posted. :D Larry sure doesn't beat around the bush.

No, WJ is THE Professor-I'm the 'other" Professor. BTW, good luck on your finals.

Thanks!!

Luck is great for multiple choice finals, but it doesn't do much good for essay finals!

WJ and I share the same birthday which this year is 07-07-07 this year. He's much older than I though.

Years ago when Kenji was driving the Funny Car and it blew up, his comment was something like 'the big yellow car went BOOM!

Another Kenji comment...

"I single happy man".

I think it was after he won Englishtown.

What is Kenji doing now?
Would be awesome if he made a comeback. Certainly make top-end interviews more interesting.

Steve Evans....Where are you going Kenji? Far away Big Jim Dunn!

I'm sitting here cracking up at every Kenji quote. I love watching his interviews on ESPN classic re-runs. Him and Big Jim Dunn were quite a pair. I can only imagine some of their "conversations" in the trailer after a run.

OK, I'll ask the obvious - "Does anyone know where Kenji is these days?"

Maybe Don will hire him to replace Gary? He might not speak Engish very well, but he sure is a crack-up in interviews!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back