Ashley's incident... (1 Viewer)

Ashley is trying to win rounds and yes, she did get back on the pedal too soon but the fact remains that she is not frightened by the car. After the incident she was probably the most composed of those at the scene. She knew exactly what she did wrong and was more than willing to admit it. It is all part of the learning process.

I agree, she knew right away that she made a mistake and I bet she gets better and better at pedaling that car.

Now somebody make RooMan post more often!!:D

I would think that all of the veteran drivers out there do it second nature, it just comes to them, by the seat of their pants when they get out of shape. However, all went through a learning curve to get to that point. I'm sure it came to some quicker than others, but all had to log in some seat time....

When I saw Ashley do a split-second pedal job to overcome tire shake on a launch in her A/Fuel car last year in Bradenton, all I could think was "that was a move that some veteran drivers don't/can't make." It was as close to instinct, be it learned or inherited, as anything I've seen on a drag strip.

There is no doubt in my mind that she can drive. What I find sometimes amusing and sometimes absurd is, when veteran drivers crash or cross the centerline or take a trip to the beach, hardly any criticism is expressed. If people are going to be critical of incidents on the track, a little consistency would be nice.

If all else fails, she can blame it on "HAVING A BLOND MOMENT", seeing as how she has streaked her hair.:p He says as he runs for cover.;):D

I figured either the throttle was hung open or the impact/spin pressed her foot down on the pedal momentarily. Either way, a fuel motor is not going to instantly shut off in that situation. When we watch it in slow motion we get jaded because it looks like it takes all day, which everyone knows is not the case.

Yep....and as we all know...as it's running out of fuel....the rpms come up and with nothing to pull the motor down.....the wheels really pick up some speed being off the ground like that.

Anyway...glad she's OK. Not sure how I would have handled the situation. Plus it's so easy to watch in s-l-o-w motion and all the bazillion replays (which we know it sure don't happen that way!) and critique, right guys? So all I will say is this....Ashley.....KEEP YOUR VISOR DOWN until you are away from the car!! EEK! That was the main thing I saw that really bothered me! Everything else comes with time....but that to me....was a NO-NO!

The only way to be a great driver....is to go to school...one pass at a time. Some are just bigger lessons than others....I think all of us drivers, whether sportsman or pro know that!

Now I can't read anymore (results)....since the DVR didn't record the whole race...and we have to wait until it records the re-run of the finals in the morning! SIGH......thanks again Mother Nature for messing up everything! lol

Seems to me all rookies struggle at some point. She is no different. Ashley has had issues this year, for sure .. but at least no one has lined up next to her with side view mirrors taped to their car. :D

btw.. Hi ya'll .. wanted to be friendly, since it is my first post.

Nice first post, welcome!

I finally got to watch it on TV instead of YouTube since my DVR decided to record this time ( :rolleyes: ) and man that was a wicked hit into the wall. Unfortunately ESPN hacked off a few minutes of the tape for the re-broadcast so I didn't get to see any slow-mo or different angles. Hard to believe she walked away from that without even a headache.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back