Ashley's incident... (1 Viewer)

na

Nitro Member
First and most importantly, I am glad she is ok and not hurt. But, whoever that first Safety Safari member was on the car with a fire extinguisher I give that person big time props, he was on it so quick. Great job Safety Safari!

Don't forget to mention that larry dixon was right there on the scene..

I hope poppa john's heart can take this. I see he went another round, still waiting for the final results.

jim

First and most importantly, I am glad she is ok and not hurt. But, whoever that first Safety Safari member was on the car with a fire extinguisher I give that person big time props, he was on it so quick. Great job Safety Safari!

That guy showed the concern Safety Safari has for drivers - he could have been charging into an inferno! Also a huge testament to safety rules, that ruptured tank had plenty of nitro in it and the fire supression system worked perfectly. And yes, thank God Ashley is OK.

Glad to see shes alright! That fire erupted pretty bad, but she seemed pretty quick to get the bottles. I say good job Ashley, shes getting better and better with each incident she gets into...rookie of the year contender for sure!

Ashley showed that she is in control...
Everything was veteran...
Even the wall slap...
IMO

thank god shes alright, that girl really wants to win. best of all not even a headache, great to see the extra pading is working. eric is definatly the funny car angel! kudos to larry dixon for beating the safety safari there, a class act!

I am glad to see Ashley is not hurt...BUT...w/ this situation is anyone really surprised?? Ray G--That was no veteran move...She was not in any control..basically a wasted/wrecked race car...
Good thing she had another frame in the trailer....

That guy showed the concern Safety Safari has for drivers - he could have been charging into an inferno!
Check out this picture in the photo sequence shot from CompetitionPlus. As you see the one Safety Safari guy already there and in the background Larry Dixon and one of his crew guys running to help out as well...great job by all these men coming to her aid so quickly.
A. Force crash

I am glad to see Ashley is not hurt...BUT...w/ this situation is anyone really surprised?? Ray G--That was no veteran move...She was not in any control..basically a wasted/wrecked race car...
Good thing she had another frame in the trailer....

x2 my thoughts exactly!!! But I'm also glad she's ok. That's the main thing!!

Last edited:
you can only learn from mistakes, but she seemed calm and in control afterwards. she'll get it soon. she did keep her hands on the wheel and continued to fight it till it stopped. that showed there was no signs of panic.

Ashley showed that she is in control...
Everything was veteran...
Even the wall slap...
IMO

Oh please! I hope you are just yanking our chains.

I'm not knocking Ashley at all. She is doing the best she can as an inexperienced driver. She's learning on the job.

I hope people remember her hard times this year, when she starts winning races.

Thank goodness she is okay, and can learn from this experience.

Many a Funny Car driver (including her father) has put more than their share of tubing and fiberglass into the wall trying to WIN. Ashley was doing just that. I don't fault her at all for keeping after it. The best back pedalers in the sport were once terrible at it.

The only thing I wish she would have done was stand on the car and raise her fists in the air to the crowd ala her pop and Raymond Beadle. :D But she wasn't in the frame of mind for that...this time! ;)

Thanks to all the F/C teams today for a very entertaining race!

A certain race in 92 involving John hitting the wall against Cruz comes to mind when i read this.

Many a Funny Car driver (including her father) has put more than their share of tubing and fiberglass into the wall trying to WIN. Ashley was doing just that. I don't fault her at all for keeping after it. The best back pedalers in the sport were once terrible at it.

The only thing I wish she would have done was stand on the car and raise her fists in the air to the crowd ala her pop and Raymond Beadle. :D But she wasn't in the frame of mind for that...this time! ;)

Thanks to all the F/C teams today for a very entertaining race!

Yep, after watching it again, she locked up the rear wheels before she slammed the wall... And after riding out two rather quick 360's that were trying to throw her out of the car, she slapped the kill switch, set off the fire bottles, pulled the fuel shutoff's, put her hand back on the wheel, still trying to steer it going backwards, all while pulling the brake full lock on, (all pretty clear on replay) AND!! get out of all that safety paraphernalia, stand up and she walked away as soon as the car stopped slidding... Holy hairweave, that's everything you're supposed to do!! Rookie mistake all the way... :rolleyes: And while I'm at it, women drivers... :rolleyes::rolleyes: I guess we were watching different channels, or we just see it very differently...

For those that may say- She never should have been in that situation... Well guess what, you are!! NOW what are YOU going to do??

Last edited:
It looked like John had a panic attack after he thanked everyone for their lightning quick response time!
I agree that was an awesome job by the Safari, now you really understand why they consider each other as family...
She defintely got some real hands on learning, the best kind, and I'm banking you won't see that again. This is just one step closer for her becoming a seasoned pro.
Ashley definitely followed one of the oldest rules "Never lift on Sunday"!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back