Ashley's incident... (1 Viewer)

This class has no room for 'rookies'...you need to be in control @ all times...

Dude, you crack me up.

By your logic, if some fuel coupe owner called you today, and asked if you wanted to drive for them, and I am sure all us know it will never happen, that you would decline, because you are a rookie and have no business driving one. :rolleyes:

You provide more truth to my signature everyday.

In all honesty she is more qualified to drive that car then 80 percent of the people here....
I'd put it at 99.5%, but then, I've always been conservative!
JMHO, but John cried, because in his heart, he believed that Eric's, premature and unfortunate demise, contributed to Ashley's survival!
Eric is still contributing, from Heaven!
"We walk on the shoulders of Giants."

Ashley had great composer after making a rookie mistake and ending up a veteren. She seemed pretty calm in the post crash interview.

I figured either the throttle was hung open or the impact/spin pressed her foot down on the pedal momentarily. Either way, a fuel motor is not going to instantly shut off in that situation. When we watch it in slow motion we get jaded because it looks like it takes all day, which everyone knows is not the case.

the car was just idling when it was lifted up off the ground and by the sound of it she had just hit the fuel shut off, which brings the idle up even higher....the tires will spin that fast on that idle if there is no surface contact.....Glad my homegirl is okay.....pretty much a carbon copy of Brandon's rookie DOH!, just in a funny car....John reacted as pretty much any parent would in that situation (remember the look on Kenny's face as he sprinted down the track to Brandon's aid?)

P.S. (to ray and Teri)...most cats don't look like Richard's.....they're more like Dick's....;)

JMHO, but John cried, because in his heart, he believed that Eric's, premature and unfortunate demise, contributed to Ashley's survival!
My thought's as well...Very well put in so few words... :)
Thank You!! :D <Eric's smile---

P.S. Mike- That!! is why I want TI to name a cat Richard...
So she's out screaming for _ _ _ _ at the top of her lung's as the neighbor's or passer byr's <(sp) :eek: just die from laughter... :D

Last edited:

That's a more realistic number, but if we were brought up with in the surroundings she was and backed by who is backing her that number would change drastically don't you agree? ;)

the car was just idling when it was lifted up off the ground and by the sound of it she had just hit the fuel shut off, which brings the idle up even higher....the tires will spin that fast on that idle if there is no surface contact.....

Even though it was idling, the tires would not spin if she were on the brakes. My point is that I'm not real sure how "composed" she really was. I would think the brake handle would be one of the first things that you would grab. Other than that, I think she did a great job of getting out of it quickly.

Randy,

Gotta remember, the clutch timers may have been still working to where the clutch was locked up. At that point, I doubt the brake would hold it. That's just a guess on my part.

I could supply the cat to be named Richard out of my outside cat inventory and then Suzie could probably arrange DHL pickup at my house and delivery at the Sewell residence! Teri, just let me know color and size and I'll get one ready to go so you can name it Richard for Ray!

Terry..........That is such a nice offer but no thanks!!!! Bingo & Yahtzee think they own the place as it is!!! No more cats!!!:p;):p

the car was just idling when it was lifted up off the ground and by the sound of it she had just hit the fuel shut off, which brings the idle up even higher....the tires will spin that fast on that idle if there is no surface contact.....Glad my homegirl is okay.....pretty much a carbon copy of Brandon's rookie DOH!, just in a funny car....John reacted as pretty much any parent would in that situation (remember the look on Kenny's face as he sprinted down the track to Brandon's aid?)

P.S. (to ray and Teri)...most cats don't look like Richard's.....they're more like Dick's....;)

Hey Mike,
Thanks for the explanation. I thought that the motor would come up after shutting off the fuel. Thanks for helping me out.

Luckily all of her mistakes haven't taken anyone else out with her. She could have just as easily taken out Bernstein! Then what would everyone say?

Luckily all of her mistakes haven't taken anyone else out with her. She could have just as easily taken out Bernstein! Then what would everyone say?
ALL of her mistakes??? Are you Terry J's cousin?? What other mistakes do you have in mind?

"And she could have just as easily" had a monkey fly out her butt!!

ALL of her mistakes??? Are you Terry J's cousin?? What other mistakes do you have in mind?

"And she could have just as easily" had a monkey fly out her butt!!

Uh maybe the other four incidents they showed her in this year during the broadcast doing damn near the same thing:)

Even though it was idling, the tires would not spin if she were on the brakes. My point is that I'm not real sure how "composed" she really was. I would think the brake handle would be one of the first things that you would grab. Other than that, I think she did a great job of getting out of it quickly.
Just an observation... :)
That car spun in one direction - wall smack - full 360, then wildly reversed direction like a spinning top in the opposite direction 1 1/2 more times, and she looked like she had steering input, to be cranking the wheel in the direction it was sliding and spinning...

Now, I know that a butterfly wheel takes one complete revolution if not two, to get those wheels pointed left or right, even much more than just a little bit... And they can be much more of a handful than one might imagine... (Ever see those incar camera shots) of what full lock left or right looks like, as a F/C is going through the light's... Those front tires are not plowing asphalt, trust me... She clearly did NOT have her hand's on the wheel as it was just buzzing past her hands, and then she grabbed the wheel once it stopped spinning for a moment- (knuckle buster's & handbreakers are what a butterfly is really called), reached next to her and shut the fuel flow off, fire bottle handle is on the brake handle! those activated manually as well i.e. she pulled the handle to set them off, or is it on?? :confused: Nope, the tires are not locked up for as long as I thought... But they are locked up when it is making a difference...

Was there a question??
Or am I putting a stake in this issue...
The butterfly wheel is like nothing else, that was my subject...

Backerupper's?? :D

Does anybody remember Frankie Pedregon driving up Scotty Cannons rear just past the finish line or Bruce Allen crossing over into Kenny Koresky's car and Gary Scelzi's dragster folding up like a taco and took out Smiths car.

Stuff happens I'm thankful everyone walked away. These cars move faster than most people can think with that in mind I'm with Ray she did a good job handling an unpredictable moment!
Nobody starts a career experienced that comes over time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back