Arrest Warrent for Wayne Dupuy (1 Viewer)

It was stated at the race after wayne left that he took a laptop and other computer info with virtually all the tune up info and left doug with nothing, his crew chief which I dont remember his name said they were starting from scratch because they had zero info, he said someone gave them a baseline but I cant remember who it was(signs I'm getting old). The way I see it is Wayne took the info that was the property of doug, He was employed by Doug that makes it theft, but thats just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions!! all in all Doug seems to have recovered nicely with some pretty good runs!!

It was stated at the race after wayne left that he took a laptop and other computer info with virtually all the tune up info and left doug with nothing, his crew chief which I dont remember his name said they were starting from scratch because they had zero info, he said someone gave them a baseline but I cant remember who it was(signs I'm getting old). The way I see it is Wayne took the info that was the property of doug, He was employed by Doug that makes it theft, but thats just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions!! all in all Doug seems to have recovered nicely with some pretty good runs!!

Doug's former Crew Chief Jim Brisette along with John Smith are tuning for Doug now.

Doug's former Crew Chief Jim Brisette along with John Smith are tuning for Doug now.
yup, thats who it was, Its hard to keep track some of them come and go so much, brisette said he got a baseline from someone and they just needed a couple runs to get some info for tune ups, they seem to be under control.

In my state, I can file criminal or civil charges against you (with one year statute of limitations on criminal--put you in jail/two year on civil--sue you for money), then it's up to me to prove my case in court. This is old information but, again, in my state, it used to be that I could add an arrest warrant to criminal charges for $40. None of the above indicates any guilt, just allegations. If I can't prove my case and get a conviction(s), then you can turn around and sue me. Of course, you can start your suit WHILE I'm still suing you, LOL.

Yeah, I still say that who owns any tuneup that Wayne brought or developed depends on any agreement they may or may not have thought to have. Even if there is one, Doug has to prove that Wayne took whatever it is he's charging him with. If he can't, watch for the counter-suit. THAT, IMO, is when it'll get interesting.

I don't know how it's inappropriate for the news to simply report that fact that Doug has taken out a warrant, even though many will take this as some sort of indication of guilt on Wayne's part. Just that much more he can sue for (defamation) if Doug can't prove his case. If I were Wayne and I were innocent, I'd want them to report it regularly. :D

C'mon Jackee, you as well as everyone else knows it's one or the other.

Now if you know something the rest of us do not..please feel free to share.:D

The majority of all info on any message board for anything is speculation. That why message boards exist. :)

There is no speculation, Doug stated on national tv that Wayne took the computer and info when he left, it came from the owners mouth so I would'nt call it speculation!!!!

There is no speculation, Doug stated on national tv that Wayne took the computer and info when he left, it came from the owners mouth so I would'nt call it speculation!!!!

In my business if I don't sign a Proprietary Agreement anything I develop is mine as well as the clients. If hardware was stolen that would be another matter. It just seems funny I can't find any info.

For his sake, I hope he or someone he knows SAW that happen if he's saying it on national TV, then. Dittos again on depending on what kind of agreement they had, if any.

I remember that he did say something like "He could have left us a baseline tuneup." I still want to know what kind of tuner needs a previous tuner's "baseline" (which I still believe is a broad term) in order to do anything.

Last edited:
For his sake, I hope he or someone he knows SAW that happen if he's saying it on national TV, then. Dittos again on depending on what kind of agreement they had, if any.

I remember that he did say something like "He could have left us a baseline tuneup." I still want to know what kind of tuner needs a previous tuner's "baseline" (which I still believe is a broad term) in order to do anything.
I thought it was kind of strange also that Brisette would need a baseline, I suppose they just needed something with the same weather conditions to get started instaed of wasting good parts!!

From Larry - "Whether or not the intellectual property belongs to the intellectual or to his employer depends on the employment contract - verbal or written."
Theoretically true, but lawyers bcome involved in issues like this and the litigant who has the deepest pockets usually wins. Of course, we are speculating that the "stollen" item is information.
I find it hard to believe that Doug would attempt to prosecute Wayne over the alleged theft of a notebook or laptop computer. Something else is going on here.
I'll bet 'ya that a lot of Pro team owners are closely watching this mess . . . along with their attorneys. It is interesting that no one can find any information on this and that there was been no mention of it on DRO or CompetitionPlus.

From Larry - "Whether or not the intellectual property belongs to the intellectual or to his employer depends on the employment contract - verbal or written."
Theoretically true, but lawyers bcome involved in issues like this and the litigant who has the deepest pockets usually wins. Of course, we are speculating that the "stollen" item is information.
I find it hard to believe that Doug would attempt to prosecute Wayne over the alleged theft of a notebook or laptop computer. Something else is going on here.
I'll bet 'ya that a lot of Pro team owners are closely watching this mess . . . along with their attorneys. It is interesting that no one can find any information on this and that there was been no mention of it on DRO or CompetitionPlus.
Your right Jim who knows what went on after the alleged info missing incident, I dont think Wayne is right!! he seems kind of strange since his accident there may have been more damage than everybody thought!!

I don't know Wayne personally but I'll stand behind Herbert, knowing the measure of the man. I've seen his thankless service to Billy Williams, Dianne and Billy's family even now, years after the saddest of news. I also saw, and read in his blogs, his unfailing support of Wayne after his accident and his patience with his return-then his acceptance of his early return despite possible questions of Wayne's full recovery. I consider these to define Doug's character well enough for me to stand behind him in such a litigation. He's definately not the type person who would kick a man while he's down for personal pleasure although the opposite may be true. Maybe a few more of you need to meet him personally before questioning further and, as Jackee so clearly suggested, we all shouldn't speculate on something beyond the facts in such a sensitive matter?
Just my opinion again?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back