Arrest Warrent for Wayne Dupuy (2 Viewers)

What's saddest to me is how much everyone seemingly knows about this country's legal system, myself included. I recall hearing about, reading about & learning about a time when a man's word was good enough... thus, we didn't need so much education in legal doctrine. We, as a society, have clearly lost that trust in confidence in our fellow man and it's a cryin' shame if you ask me.

As for Doug & Wayne - I have a ton of respect for both of them & I sincerely hope this gets settled as quickly and as quietly as possible.

What's saddest to me is how much everyone seemingly knows about this country's legal system, myself included. I recall hearing about, reading about & learning about a time when a man's word was good enough... thus, we didn't need so much education in legal doctrine. We, as a society, have clearly lost that trust in confidence in our fellow man and it's a cryin' shame if you ask me.

As for Doug & Wayne - I have a ton of respect for both of them & I sincerely hope this gets settled as quickly and as quietly as possible.

Gordon, a couple of guys making a wager can shake on it. You can't do it in business and never could.

It's not just a matter of trust. It also can help avoid misunderstandings. A contract between people is an agreement that will define eactly what they are agreeing to.

I think Doug is out of the legal proceedings. He cannot control what the state does in regards to prosecuting Wayne. The DA's office filed the charges.

Last edited:
Gordon, a couple of guys making a wager can shake on it. You can't do it in business and never could.

It's not just a matter of trust. It also can help avoid misunderstandings. A contract between people is an agreement that will define eactly what they are agreeing to.

I think Doug is out of the legal proceedings. He cannot control what the state does in regards to prosecuting Wayne. The DA's office filed the charges.

Unfortunately, I think this thread proves your point. Some well informed individuals have basically opposite views of the ownership of data acquired in a working relationship. I know it may turn out to be "parts" but the need for contracts remains...............

handshake deal

There was a time when a handshake meant something. Back in the 1800's, when businessmen shook hands, their word was their bond and if they went bankrupt, they paid back their creditors 100%, even if it took them years to do.

There are still people out there like that today, but not any where near as many as there used to be.

Doug was an eagle scout and I bet he takes this stuff pretty seriously. It must have broke his heart to let Brisette go to support Wayne's wishes. Brisette was bud's with Doug's dad and probably saw him grow up in So Cal.

I hope Wayne gets things sorted out, too.

-85% Jimmy

There was a time when a handshake meant something. Back in the 1800's, when businessmen shook hands, their word was their bond and if they went bankrupt, they paid back their creditors 100%, even if it took them years to do.

There are still people out there like that today, but not any where near as many as there used to be.

Precisely my point Jim.

I sincerely hope they sort this thing out quickly...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back