Arrest Warrent for Wayne Dupuy (1 Viewer)

I just hope everything gets settled without undo harm to anyone. Wayne used to race at my home track and had a very good reputation and many friends.
Doug has done some stellar things for racing too. He also has a good reputation except in the Millican camp. LOL

I know I'm going to sound gruff here...

From the first "Dougzilla" car, I always preceived Herbert as being this egotistical jerk who thought his temper tantrum in Reading was some kind of "folk hero thing" to build off of and re-invent his image. The Dougzilla car always made me think "why", are you that much of a jerk that you can't see it?
Did he think he was cool, or did his crew brown nose him to the point where he thought the public would think he was cool? I don't know, but the Dougzilla thing doesn't work for me..

But after the Dupuy Accident, I don't know how much more a man could do for Wayne and his family. He was at the hospital, and I'm sure he was going to do whatever he could to make the Dupuy's life more stable during those hard weeks. That says volumes about his heart and what kind of man he is inside.
I guess we'll find out the true story in the coming months.

Either way, Dupuy/Herbert have successfully scared themselves for life.
Wayne for having his character questioned, and Herbert for running his business in a fashion that something like this could even happen.

As far as a new crew chief needing a baseline...

If you come into a team on that short of notice, presumably using all of their existing equipment, the baseline for that setup is probably going to be different from what you have. He came into a situation where they had blowers, clutch, etc that were all setup the way the Wayne Dupuy ran them.

C'mon Jackee, you as well as everyone else knows it's one or the other.

Now if you know something the rest of us do not..please feel free to share.:D

If you don't know if it's 'one or the other', it is speculation. Period.
When Herbert and/or Dupuy want the specifics known, I'm sure they'll speak out on the issue.

If he ran off with the laptop, and it wasn't his, then that's theft. If he just burned a copy of the run data on CD then unless specified otherwise, he's probably entitled to that information. If he took the data and then deleted the information from the laptop, then that is also considered a criminal act. My company probably gets 15 or 20 jobs a month where a disgruntled employee decided to delete company records, and then we go in and recover the information. It sucks for the people involved, but it is pretty common in this day.

My company probably gets 15 or 20 jobs a month where a disgruntled employee decided to delete company records, and then we go in and recover the information. It sucks for the people involved, but it is pretty common in this day.

That's called espionage. You can and maybe should go to prison for that.

I have been given information regarding the warrant that I will not post. It's not been confirmed but if true this discussion isn't even close to what is being alleged. Remember, innocent until proven guilty.

Very sad indead no matter what the situation is. I have always had high respect for Wayne and Doug. Too bad this couldn't have been settled in a different way.

If you don't know if it's 'one or the other', it is speculation. Period.
When Herbert and/or Dupuy want the specifics known, I'm sure they'll speak out on the issue.

What,do you need a billboard sign?? It's that OBVIOUS.You've been around the sport,so let's not play "If you don't know"

With the way laws are written, any combination that was developed by Wayne while he was employed with Herbert is intellectual property of Herbert. Herbert is entitled to those log books and any other information that was created during Wayne's tenure since he was en employee of Herbert.

That is only true if there was an agreement between Dupuy and Herbert giving Herbert ownership of the intellectual property as a condition of employment. Without such an agreement, intellectual property remains the property of the creator.

Jim

That is only true if there was an agreement between Dupuy and Herbert giving Herbert ownership of the intellectual property as a condition of employment. Without such an agreement, intellectual property remains the property of the creator.

Jim

Jim,
My understanding is just the opposite. That is, unless there is an an agreement otherwise, then, (inventions, sales leads, intellectual property,) developed during employment remain property of the employer. That is the default position.

Jim,
My understanding is just the opposite. That is, unless there is an an agreement otherwise, then, (inventions, sales leads, intellectual property,) developed during employment remain property of the employer. That is the default position.

Jim you are correct. I recently did a project, for my MBA, on intellectual property and business law; if there is no agreement between the employee and employer then everything that is created on behalf of the employer is property of the employer.

The usual procedure is when you begin employment you sign an agreement which stripped of all the legal mumbo jumbo states that anything you develop while working on your employers dime belongs to the employer unless you get a written release.

The arrangement may differ on race teams but I can tell you for a fact this is the way it is in industry for design engineers at all major and minor companies.

Well I guess you can say one thing. If W.D. took some tune up info over to the UPS team is sure didn't help mcuh.

I thought it was kind of strange also that Brisette would need a baseline, I suppose they just needed something with the same weather conditions to get started instaed of wasting good parts!!
When Brissette came into it, the whole car was still setup with a combination of W.D.'s parts, he probably got a baseline from another team that runs a similar combination of parts. From there he could get the ball rolling.

Doug Herbert has always been Top Notch............I doubt that Brissette would have even come back under the circumstances if it were any other way.

I hope things get sorted out for the team and they can get back to winning form.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back