Zappy's zMAX REPORT (1 Viewer)

By now you all know about the super preformance. In blistering heat (no pun Joelle) at least 4 F/C's in the 4,07's- fastest MPh in T/F,- P/S in the 6.5's and so on.

But the track, WOW. The stands are huge, but you don't have to go down to ground level, for anything. From your seat you go down a few stairs, (or ramp) and SUPRISE, there is a fully shaded cement mezzanine that must be 100ft wide and 700ft long, with food, drink, rest rooms, and tables to sit at. It was great. Oh and did I mention the fold down stadium style seats with arm rests and drink holders. (great for us with older backs) :D

And talk about clean - service people everywhere with brooms + dust pans. When we walked in in the AM's you would not believe there was a croud there the day before. Everything was swept and scrubed.

Non stop shuttles to parking lots and camp grounds. Tons of police working the intersections to get the traffic away from the track.

The one and only glitch was the sound system.....real bad. Problem was the speakers were behind the stands. So the echo was horrible. First you hear your speaker, then a half second later you hear the opposite side speakers.

Reminded me of that famous baseball player's speach: TODAY today today, I feel like, like, like the luckest man in the WORLD world world. :D:D

All they need to do is move them down to the ground by the wall, facing the stands, (like rt66) and you will only hear your speakers = problem solved.

We talked to one of the head people who was writing down suggestions, and he told us that he had heard that complaint numerous times, and was going to bring it up in the follow up meetings already scheduled, and was sure this would be taken care of.
I would HIGHLY recomend this track to any fan of the sport. We drove 12 hrs one way, and I would do it again.

It was great to see Murdock again, and get to spend time with Joelle. Also got to meet JW for the first time on Sat. (btw he won first RD in S/C with a super 004 light, CONGRATS).

Well time to shut - up for now.

Zap. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Zap! I'm somewhat surprised to hear about the sound system. You'd think they would have done it like they did at Vegas, which has a terrific sound system IMO. Much like you suggest where the speakers are on the ground facing the stands.

It suprised me too Mark, behind the fans doesn't work. But I'm sure it will corrected. The man we talked too was very interested in what we had to say, and was writing down concerns of the fans. He took his time with us, and asured us it would be addressed.

I kinda like the sound as is. I can at least hear it. At Vegas, most of the time it's just noise to me. But if they move them to the front of the stands, it would probably cut down on the echo effect. And as I stated in another thread, I would like to see the Pros tow back to the pits in front of the stands.

what no pool report? sorry had to beat greg to it

A woman's perspective

My suggestion is that they should have paper towels in the restrooms. Hear me out before you laugh: being at a race that will be run during a hot time of year, having paper towels to wet and wipe your face and the back of your neck would be very handy. Besides the obvious: little bits of rubber don't just rinse off; it would be nice to wash my hands and then wipe that stuff off.

Thats probably the thing that keeps me from races like Norwalk and Charlotte, the Freaking Heat!!!!!!!

If this race was ever moved to the Spring I'd probably jump on it in a second!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
YEP,they need to fix the PA speakers,couldn't understand most of the announcing and paper towels are needed in the restrooms.I haven't been to Vegas but Z-Max is top shelf,hard to imagine anything nicer.

We didn't have the speaker problem at all. We were sitting in the John Force grandstand area and heard everything without the echo.
I loved the cleanliness, the wonderful friendly staff and those fun accents they have, the mezzanine area with tons of tables to sit at, and the ushers weren't screening your ticket like you were attending the presidential inauguration. They just helped you find your seat if you didn't know where you were going.
I agree about the paper towels in the bathroom. It wasn't great to have hot air blowing dry your hands when it was so hot outside. I just washed and shook them dry on my way back to my seat. I was suprised to see an attendant in the bathroom keeping things tidy and made sure to thank her for a job well done each time.
They allowed a 14X14 cooler in each day just like you can do at Bristol. We brought our own beer, water, and snacks with us. I also noticed there were no vendors walking through the stands selling 'Cold Bud Here!!'. I think that may cut down on drunks, but who knows. Some would argue that being allowed to bring in your own may not be such a great idea. I love the idea. We did the 2 beers one water protocol, and saved a lot of $$. The cooler only held a 12 pack, so when that was gone, we were done.
The parking was huge, but as someone else said, there were many staff people keeping it moving. The state police did a terrific job getting it going as good as you would expect onto the roads too. The signaled intersections were done manually, a patrol person actually would change the lights at the right time. Just amazing how great it all went together.
I would agree that the winning light didn't show with the sun shining on it. It was hard to see that, but there are a couple places I have been with the same problem. You can't see an iluminated light with direct sunlight shining on it.
I am definitely going back next year. This was such a phenominal track and the area is beautiful. Going to go earlier and leave later so I can see more of the area too.

Thanks for the report Zap. I'm definitely going to have to check this place out! [sent from the pool] :D

Lori & Mike, I agree Paper towels are a must. They can have blowers too if they want, but paper is needed to wipe face and neck. No venders in the stands was a + also, that bugged me at Indy this year.

Joe & Gerg, you just gotta try this race next year, if not we may have to revoke your TFC[B........Top fan card. :D:D

Highs: Chicken and Fries, beer, lemonade, eye candy, racing, etc......

Lows: Ummm....uhhhh...OH! I know! Too far from Michigan! And people standing when they had no reason too. SIT yer ashcan DOWN! Then everyone can see. Rude %#^$&*%=-&%!!'s

I received this strange message from Big Zappy. I think it was for Joe Sherwood :D
HI JOE,- HAVING A GREAT TIME IN CONCORD,- GLAD YER NOT HERE
zap99w.jpg

She was smiling for ME, I took the pic! I contemplated photoshopping Zappy out, but I couldn't do that to my bud!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back