Hey Unk (1 Viewer)

racer83

Nitro Member
Hey Unk

I know this is a bit late but I wasn't registered (LONG time lurker)

Just wanted to let you know that we really enjoyed your announcing last weekend in Edmonton. It was a treat to have a knowledgeable voice out there. We were camped down at the finish line and had to get the outside speakers on the trailer fired up for all to hear (no p.a. down there got asked to leave it on when we wern't there so the others could still hear you).

Hope you had a good time and we see you next year...

TK

ps I must have had 50 people ask what a "skosh" was - none belived me so here it is :

Main Entry: skosh
Pronunciation: 'skOsh
Function: noun
Etymology: Japanese sukoshi
: a small amount : BIT, SMIDGEN -- used adverbially with a <just a skosh bit shook

Apparently we Canadians know what a Buford is but not a Skosh :D:D:D

I heard the name and thought "he's a fellow mater" I had no idea Unk was the voice for IHRA.

Sorry you had to go without diet Mountain Dew. Up here in Canada I didn't even know they made the stuff. I did look at a couple spots and had I found some I'd have brought some to you.

You did a bang up job Unk, enjoyed listening to you throughout the weekend. Hope you enjoyed your time here.

I heard the name and thought "he's a fellow mater" I had no idea Unk was the voice for IHRA.

Sorry you had to go without diet Mountain Dew. Up here in Canada I didn't even know they made the stuff. I did look at a couple spots and had I found some I'd have brought some to you.

You did a bang up job Unk, enjoyed listening to you throughout the weekend. Hope you enjoyed your time here.

I've seen a lot of "DEW" in Canada but it was all caffine free. Kind of like caffine free coffee or cola. What's the point.

Awesome job Unk! I appreciate everyone who travels up here to participate in the Rocky Mountain Nats. We hope all those that made the big trip up here enjoyed themselves and look forward to coming back. (I'm sure that I can find some Diet Mountain Dew somewhere!)

Thanks guys!

Had a great time in Edmonton, but you all need to fix that sun-up till damn near midnight thing,,,,,,, that'll mess up a dude's body clock!

Seriously, appreciate the feedback, and just think, everyone's trip to the Rocky Mountain Nats was an educational experience, their vocabulary was enlarged,,,,,,,, a "skosh"! :)

As far as the Diet Dew is concerned, I learned that there are regulations (laws?) that govern what beverages can and cannot have caffiene in Canada, and Mt Dew (diet or regular) isn't included in that list. Next year I'll ship some up with someone on the tour. Guess customs will let it through if I'm going to consume it and not sell it, eh?

Loved the track and still can't get over how smooth the track is considering the weather extremes it goes through. Tip of the cap to Rob and everyone else there @ Castrol Raceway for all their efforts. Next year though we've got to sell out "Thunder Alley" so Joann doesn't have to work quite so hard (smirk)

DEFINATELY looking forward to a return next year. See you all in Grand Bend next week?

Unk

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back