You Know the economy is bad when....... (1 Viewer)

We can blame NHRA all we want, hell some of it is certainly warranted.

But by the same token, it's hard for the David Baca's of the world (as an example) to compete when they need "x" amount of money to run a single car operation and a multi-car team offers smaller signage on more cars (four Fuel Floppers and two Super Comp dragsters that are competitive, high profile cars at that) for less money. If you're the company in question, where are you investing your money in this equation? It's not rocket science.

Point: I'm of the opinion that multi-car teams are as responsible for declining "major" sponsorship deals as NHRA is.

But they're here to stay, so teams need to figure out a way to work the solution and stop concentrating on the problem...

One of my questions: I know that the NHRA is pretty strict with their rules/regulations regarding any type of activation at their events (ie. video footage, merchandising, etc.) is there a handbook that talks about all these things? Does the NHRA have a marketing liaison that works with teams?

Forgive my green-ness to the issue....

Erica, NHRA's marketing department have people that do work with teams/sponsors... You can call the main office to be connected to one... I don't know if this completely answers your question but its kind of like building a new car online... You pick the model and color, then you pick all the little stuff... NHRA has a list of services with the prices attatched to them and you pick which ones you want and add up the total...

I will be home tommorow for the Orlando divisional, and I can email you the paperwork I have from NHRA...

CJ Curtsinger

NHRA partnership is part of the deals racers get... You have to customize marketing proposals for companies, and many times a partnership with NHRA is needed to do what the company wants... Its not that NHRA "vultured" the Snake's or Tasca's deal within a week (Believe me, no company will sign over 400k a year within a week of being asked), but I can gurantee they needed NHRA... Ex. Tasca's deal requires some sort of booth or trailer at certain events, so he had to have NHRA partnership... In a perfect world all products would be free, but NHRA offers something and they have a price tag...

CJ Curtsinger
Sorry CJ if that's what it appeared like, "vuturing".

The main spirit of this thread was the fact that there were 4 unsponsored cars, in the sport's premier class on TV Sunday, yet the title sponsor had no dog in the hunt. Perhaps the NHRA could share some of the wealth at each event. It would help keep the low buck guys out there. And it would surely help the sport to have more sponsors out in front of the cameras, instead of plain wrappers.

Thanks for the kind words guys. The blimp we used for the AZ job is a prototype. We are uping the size to 75ft to handle more weight and higher track altitudes like Denver. Our blimps can operate in winds up to 35 knots and the 75ft blimp can operate in 40 knots. The camera system we are using is the same used in the full size ships(thats why the blimp has to be so big). It is a Cini Flex HD system. It is quite similar to a FLIR system except it is 30lbs lighter and is a bit more stable. The same camera system we are using was used to film all the aerials for the series Planet Earth on the Discovery channel. It looks like we are going to miss the race in FL, but we are making preparations for the race in Houston and for the rest of the season. We are located in Dallas TX. Our web site is Welcome to Galaxy Blimps - Indoor and Outdoor if anyone in interested.

Thanks,

Tony White

This an awesome deal, this is entrepreneurial minds at full throttle. I bet mama and papa blimps aren't very happy though. :cool:

Oh, are they flying high enough for FAA rules.

Too bad you won't be in Florida. I can't remember ever seeing blimp shots from Gainesville.

Yes, we are planning to make the race at Houston. We are still trying to secure a sponsor for the short and long term. We are talking to several cooperations waiting to see what happens.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back