WJ ???? (1 Viewer)

Hartford ran with WJ engines last year.
Knew that ... but WJ has made the investment into 21st century PS racing which I thought was cool and means he is still involved. I thought the announcement was worth the mention.

Not to mention Hartford has backing from everyone's favorite financial backer, Kenny Koretsky.

Just thought it was cool news

Warren was one of the first to advocate switching to EFI, so this is no surprise to me. I'm betting he was one of the first to start work on the new combo. Does anyone know if anybody has made any test squirts with the new combo?

Pretty sure WJ had some involvement on the EFI setup for some NASCAR teams when they did the switch a few years ago.

I am not surprised to see WJ involved because there is an opportunity to get ahead if you think you have an advantage. I am more surprised that maybe guys like David Reher, Richard Maskin or Steve Schmidt didn't see if they could put something together too. Reher already has a ton of EFI stuff for sportsmen and Pro Mods.

Warren was one of the first to advocate switching to EFI, so this is no surprise to me. I'm betting he was one of the first to start work on the new combo. Does anyone know if anybody has made any test squirts with the new combo?
Gray, check comp plus they have video of 300' burn out.

Big whoop, a 100 hp down PS is capable of a 300 foot burnout, NHRA has not thought through this change, it could, and should, be a good thing, but NOT, with the mandated, single forward facing throttle body.

Have they actually determined that the new EFI PS engine will be down 100hp?
If so then look at history, no drag race car to exceed 250mph, no carburetor PS car to exceed 200mph.
the word for today is INNOVATION and if you don't understand what innovation is then figure it out how to get more with less.

Shane Gray made his first full pull yesterday in Bradenton and said the following........“We are still early in this deal and I just don’t have a lot of info,” Gray said. “We finally made a full run (Tuesday) and it’s dead slow. It’s probably 15 hundredths off and five mph down. Right now, we are just trying to learn how to run it. We are trying learn how to use the software.”

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/shane-gray-talks-about-pro-stock-test-session

I wouldn't call .15 hun off and 5MPH down "dead slow". That is closer than I thought it would be. Once they optimize software and injector placement, they will get that .15 hun back and then some. It will be real interesting the first couple races of the year to see who gets there first.

I'm not worried about performance. These folks aren't stupid. Yeah, they might be a bit frustrated because they're not running numbers like they're used to, and are afraid the rest of the teams will be faster. I predict once they start to get things sorted out, they'll be as fast as ever.

Think about it. To be that close to the old numbers, after just a couple or runs?

Shane Gray made his first full pull yesterday in Bradenton and said the following........“We are still early in this deal and I just don’t have a lot of info,” Gray said. “We finally made a full run (Tuesday) and it’s dead slow. It’s probably 15 hundredths off and five mph down. Right now, we are just trying to learn how to run it. We are trying learn how to use the software.”

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/shane-gray-talks-about-pro-stock-test-session
Gotta agree with Chris ... I would think that early performance speaks to the promise of the EFI combination.

So is it such a bad deal if PS (in real good air) that runs are in the .60's and .50's at "only" 205 - 208 mph? Other than what the scoreboard shows, who's gonna notice. PS racing has been all about chopping down the tree and the tight margin of victory. Those numbers excite fans more than low .40's at 215 mph.

That's the disconnect in racing. Shane is upset because it's "slow", as the rest of the field will be until they know they're competitive. Racers aren't thinking how a 6.45 looks from the stands as compared to a 6.65. Same way the fuel guys just don't want to slow down, even if it allowed going back to 1320.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back