New Rumor (1 Viewer)

I tried to paste it here Cliff. It didn't work.

NHRA PS entry list, lists the Cuadra's Fords as, Ford 500.
The Dodge of Prusiensky says Dodge 500.

I thought they all ran Chevrolet powerplants as the rule has stated for a few years. IDK
Someone will.
There is no rule requiring a Chevrolet, never has been. Prusiensky really does run a Dodge engine that he builds. Who knows where he gets his parts but it isn't GM or Chevrolet. You can see it's different if you go into his pit. It's a Hemi.

Last edited:
There is no rule requiring a Chevrolet, never has been. Prusiensky really does run a Dodge engine that he builds. Who knows where he gets his parts but it isn't GM or Chevrolet. You can see it's different if you go into his pit.
Terry.
What I meant is the rule you can run a Chevrolet engine in a different manufacturers brand car.

I get it.

Another Pro Stock (Camaro)? Yawn.
After the fuel session the fans exit the stands and Alan try’s to get the fans to stay! LOL 😂 Pro Stock, even though they have some great drivers, is a boring class!
Single manufacturer makes it very boring! Nothing is gonna change in that class to make it fun to watch!

was there Saturday and the crowd was noticeably low....then watched the coverage from Sunday and it was worse. It was a very hot day and those stands are not the kindest for reflections...both my wife and two friends that were with us are burnt

was there Saturday and the crowd was noticeably low....then watched the coverage from Sunday and it was worse. It was a very hot day and those stands are not the kindest for reflections...both my wife and two friends that were with us are burnt
Those stands are brutal on a hot day.

Those stands are brutal on a hot day.
The stands at the Iowa Speedway in Newton are the same. Last race I went to there was on a Sunday afternoon in mid-July. It was really bad. I actually had to go underneath the stands into the shade and follow the race on my scanner about 2/3rds of the way through. Simply couldn't take it any more. I had a lot of company.

I thought Chevrolet is the only option available. I don't follow PS much. I'm sorry, I thought you knew.

I'm confused as is.

Its the only competitive option available. Same with why, everybody uses Camaro bodies. It's been said they have an aero advantage over the other cars. Why start with a disadvantage and almost no chance to win in a car with a non-competitive Ford engine and body that's isn't as aerodynamic as what everyone else has?

I don't know of any pro stock teams that race just to go out 1st round every week. They race with the intentions of winning. You don't do that by starting with a disadvantage vs every other team.

And every time a Ford or Mopar starts winning, NHRA manages to adjust the rules to the favor of the GM (belly button) cars.
They’ve done it in ProStock and Factory Stock.

Its the only competitive option available. Same with why, everybody uses Camaro bodies. It's been said they have an aero advantage over the other cars. Why start with a disadvantage and almost no chance to win in a car with a non-competitive Ford engine and body that's isn't as aerodynamic as what everyone else has?

I don't know of any pro stock teams that race just to go out 1st round every week. They race with the intentions of winning. You don't do that by starting with a disadvantage vs every other team.
I added my thought on the rumor. Roush has been in aerospace for quite a while, and I knew that. The key word is probably, "banter".

I never wanted to get involved in a pro stock thread, much less type the word Ford.

Back where I belong. Thanks guys

The down fall with the Hemi in pro-stock was when they put the 10,500 limiter on those motors. That's when the Hemi starts to build the power. Allen Johnson, V. Gaines used to kick some a$$ before the mandated rpm limiter. That's why everyone is running the Chevy/G.M. power plants.

The down fall with the Hemi in pro-stock was when they put the 10,500 limiter on those motors. That's when the Hemi starts to build the power. Allen Johnson, V. Gaines used to kick some a$$ before the mandated rpm limiter. That's why everyone is running the Chevy/G.M. power plants.
I have heard the same thing about the Hemi. When they put the 10,500 limit I remember a remark from Gred Anderson that they were running in the 11,000-11,500 range and it was a killer for the Chevys.

That was another thing, Back when Greg and Jason were totally crushing pro stock, Nobody could figure it out until they realized that they were running in the 11,500 rpm area where everyone else was running a much lower rpm. Jason brought a lot a NASCAR technology over to pro stock. Then they were using roller bearings for the camshafts and took it a little further by using exotic metals because it was much lighter. Then NHRA came in and had to put a stop to that because it was driving the cost up to compete in pro stock.

That was another thing, Back when Greg and Jason were totally crushing pro stock, Nobody could figure it out until they realized that they were running in the 11,500 rpm area where everyone else was running a much lower rpm. Jason brought a lot a NASCAR technology over to pro stock. Then they were using roller bearings for the camshafts and took it a little further by using exotic metals because it was much lighter. Then NHRA came in and had to put a stop to that because it was driving the cost up to compete in pro stock.
I thin they should experiment in a test with allowing the Mopar to go to 11.5K and see where they end up ET wise. The speed is usually down 1-2mph, but if you watch the incrementals, the Hemi front halves similar to the Chevy, then drops off drastically after 1/2 track

I thin they should experiment in a test with allowing the Mopar to go to 11.5K and see where they end up ET wise. The speed is usually down 1-2mph, but if you watch the incrementals, the Hemi front halves similar to the Chevy, then drops off drastically after 1/2 track
Or do what they do with pro-mod or the top alky class where they adjust to the different power adders to keep the field equal. The hemi suffers on the top end, Let them run a higher rpm to compensate. Figure out Ford's flaw and also compensate with that. That way, you won't be seeing all Camaros in which, Everyone is complaining about.

Is NHRA even serious about saving the pro stock class? Why don't they just name it Pro Camaro and be done with it? It sure does appear like NHRA doesn't want any upstart Mopars or Fords messing around that playground.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back