Will Top Dragster and Sportsman ever run at Natl. events? (1 Viewer)

I'm inclined to agree they are more entertaining spectating-wise. But I'm sure a TON of S/C-S/G drivers would put up a major fuss!

I think a TON of SC drivers (myself included) would much rather have Top Dragster. Right now even my wife gets up to get a hotdog when she sees 8.90 pop up on the scoreboard.

The fans can understand why some cars get a head start, but they can't understand shutting off your engine for 3 seconds after the racing is started.

IMO, they put on a much better show than, say, S/ST. A 10.90 class at a national event just does not get the fans too excited, but the T/S type, that runs high 6's and low 7's, usually holds the fans interest.
Pat

C'mon Pat...most of the 10.90 guys are ones that don't have the high dollar cars and engine combos....not really fair to compare them to T/S and similar classes.The 10.90 folks are the grassroots of drag racing..the weekend warrior cars that can run brackets,and still run heads up at a divisional or national event.Most of these cars are not the usual "stop and go" cars either,at least not in our division.

C'mon Pat...most of the 10.90 guys are ones that don't have the high dollar cars and engine combos....not really fair to compare them to T/S and similar classes.The 10.90 folks are the grassroots of drag racing..the weekend warrior cars that can run brackets,and still run heads up at a divisional or national event.Most of these cars are not the usual "stop and go" cars either,at least not in our division.

In Div 4, they are several cars that could run in the 8's and alot that could run in the 9's that run Super Street.

In Div 4, they are several cars that could run in the 8's and alot that could run in the 9's that run Super Street.

Actually this is pretty illustrative of how a qualified TS/TD program would turn out. I’ve seen a few “S/ST” cars that run 10.90 @ 153-157 mph. At 2800 lbs, that takes a pretty healthy motor, to imagine a 48 car TD field with a bump of 7.00 or better doesn’t take much.

Jeremy

SG 596
SC 5961

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that 6.00 228 yesterday and thought this could get outta hand real fast. We run 7.35 and couldnt even make the IHRA 48 car field this weekend at their national event.

As strictly a fan that does not race anymore... on Sundays I don't go to the pits after pre-race warm up... (I do that on Fridays and Saturdays) but, I'll watch anything running down the track, but, 9.9, 8.9, 7.9 classes are BORING... and National Events should be heads up classes only with no "break out", except pure stock and super stock... still no break out, but handicap on the tree is set by national record, and if you better the record during the event, that's your new dial... oh, yeah, no throttle stops, delay boxes/crossovers should be allowed in any class...

just my .02 from one of the "Butts in the Seats"

FYI, The Top Sportsman bump (32 Cars) at the Divison Three event in Norwalk, OH this weekend was a 7.15. :eek:

... oh, yeah, no throttle stops, delay boxes/crossovers should be allowed in any class...

just my .02 from one of the "Butts in the Seats"
Karl,

I agree with the elimination of throttle-stops but the use of delay boxes is something entirely different. As a fan, you wouldn't have a clue whether there was a delay box in a car or not unless you physically looked in the car. It's the throttle stops that cause all the confusion and distain... not delay boxes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back