Will john force race capps straight up ??? (1 Viewer)

Help me understand why you would do the exact same thing again. I was there in 2009 and it was obvious to my 11 year old son what he had done without me saying a word. Try to red light or tune it to shake at the hit. What the hell?
....or try and create controversy...controversy is CASH! LOL

So who made the bad "business decision"? Answer: The John Force fan who invested his $$ to see his favorite racer (maybe the only time in 2017) go for a Wally. However, his favorite driver voluntarily pulled himself out of the running. He quit. Period. And the man, woman, or kid that came to see the NHRAs icon race on Sunday left knowing they invested $200 to see their favorite driver take a dive. He volunteered to exit the race for a reason many of us understand, but explain that to someone who bought a ticket.

We all know Force's mystique. Some people bought a ticket to see him, and they could careless or even know who Robert Hight is.

That's the Force Fan dilemma at the track. Force Fan bought the tee shirt , bought the diecast, transitioned from Ford to Chevy, and invested in the NHRA on a Sunday only to see the driver quit. Quit. The sound of the stands reaction should tell everything.

You, I, the fans...we have all had a stake in giving John his platform to make money. Diecasts. Ticket costs. Time.

He owes it to me to put on an honest drag race. And he owes it to the John Force fan at the track.

Amazed at the ppl who are supportive of the best drag racer of all time intentionally throwing a drag race.

Force owes it to the sport that helped make him famous and quite rich to race honest and be honest.

It's a black eye on the office at Glendora and my passion for NHRA that its greatest driver will throw a race.

I'm not sure how anyone could support this.

They blasted him pretty good on the tv show, which is really nice to see. Even after they interviewed him Amato and T. Pedregon called him out on it. If it is bad PR for the team then that's just too bad, don't race that way and bring up the possibility of it. If it makes the NHRA look bad then the NHRA should do something about it.

At least a couple of times Tony P. said something on the order of, "the fans paid their money to see honest racing" the implication being that what they saw was less than that.... Yes, we all knew what was going to happen before he pulled to the line, but c'mon, don't be so obvious.

If you're going to dive, be honest about it. Don't treat fans like they're idiots.

If it wasn't for the stupid countdown this wouldn't be happening. Robert's championship in '09 could have never happened if John didn't dive at Indy, and John knew that. Business decision? Yeah, I get it, but crowning contrived champions tears against the very fabric of competition and sports.

At least a couple of times Tony P. said something on the order of, "the fans paid their money to see honest racing" the implication being that what they saw was less than that.... Yes, we all knew what was going to happen before he pulled to the line, but c'mon, don't be so obvious.

If it wasn't for the stupid countdown this wouldn't be happening. Robert's championship in '09 could have never happened if John didn't dive at Indy, and John knew that. Business decision? Yeah, I get it, but crowning contrived champions tears against the very fabric of competition and sports.

AS much as I hate the countdown, it can't all be blamed on that. Meyer/Beck, Force/Tony P, WJ/KJ and others happened pre-countdown. With the cutoff for the playoff and then redistribution of points during the countdown you now how more opportunities for it to happen but it's not fair to say it's entirely because of it as it has been around for years.

AS much as I hate the countdown, it can't all be blamed on that. Meyer/Beck, Force/Tony P, WJ/KJ and others happened pre-countdown. With the cutoff for the playoff and then redistribution of points during the countdown you now how more opportunities for it to happen but it's not fair to say it's entirely because of it as it has been around for years.

IMO what has more influence it is one team has 3 cars and the other has 4, has to be conflict. two car team might match up a 3 or 4 car team will meet up.
I can understand the reasoning but the fans and sponsor get the short end of the deal.
IF Hight wins the championship this year, he will have 2 that I believe are void, if he was a real championship caliber person he would agree. Hight was supposedly a world class shooter, if he was he would never want to win this way. Listen to all the drivers, we want to race we do not want to win that way, total BS they want it anyway it comes, including "fixed"
Money, Money, Money............

What? Only person I have ever known that's been able to do everything himself and be competitive was Fred Mandoline.

Whoa..... That is a very provocative statement.. Almost a bit disrespectful to all the others.. Good thing you put in there that he's the only one YOU know.. I could name hundreds - prolly thousands...

In fact, I gotta' edit this... If you throw all of the guys that did it themselves onto a spreadsheet, and weigh them out against percent of car they built, success in their respective classes ( records and national event wins - plus divisional titles) , lack of major sponsor, lack of partner, and years raced... I will go out and admit that Fred would make it on the list - but it would be headlined by Veney, easily the winner of the "did it himself ironman award" ...

Last edited:
As long as we have teams that are allowed to have multiple cars the possibility exists for 2 team cars to race each other. That was probably the second thought that went through the team owner's minds when they decided to have multiple cars. How do we deal with this? The best way to drastically reduce the "dives" is a rule that limits one car per team. But that's not feasible. The fans, in attendance and watching on TV, will decide on whether or not they will believe Force. Just like the fans are rejecting the National Felon League.

I don't understand why they didn't bring the clutch in too early and smoke the tires. Maybe the crew cheif didn't want any part of a dive.

Whoa..... That is a very provocative statement.. Almost a bit disrespectful to all the others.. Good thing you put in there that he's the only one YOU know.. I could name hundreds - prolly thousands...

In fact, I gotta' edit this... If you throw all of the guys that did it themselves onto a spreadsheet, and weigh them out against percent of car they built, success in their respective classes ( records and national event wins - plus divisional titles) , lack of major sponsor, lack of partner, and years raced... I will go out and admit that Fred would make it on the list - but it would be headlined by Veney, easily the winner of the "did it himself ironman award" ...
I'll go way out on a limb and say that ol' Garlits feller might make the cut too. Unless you're only referring to FC, in which case forget what I said. LOL!!!

I'll go way out on a limb and say that ol' Garlits feller might make the cut too. Unless you're only referring to FC, in which case forget what I said. LOL!!!

Yea.. It wouldn't take me very long to fill a LOOONNGG list.. Hell, my dad raced for 25 years and hand built most of his cars.. ( but in all fairness, he loses points to Veney once he started using a Logghe and buying bodies) Shit, Ken used to make his own bodies.. and everything else.. I don't mean to be confrontational, I just can't figure out where Mike was going with that....

Robert hight owner of one tainted championship. Good chance he will win another tainted championship So here’s the question for Robert. Where is the joy and pride in these ill gotten gains. And how does the team feel about this? I hope all involved are as disappointed in themselves as most people on this thread. Low moment in an otherwise great season of racing.
GO CAPPS

Team feels great, bonus time..............John gets another "team" championship, Robert lines his pockets.........kinda sounds like a career in politics

So who made the bad "business decision"? Answer: The John Force fan who invested his $$ to see his favorite racer (maybe the only time in 2017) go for a Wally. However, his favorite driver voluntarily pulled himself out of the running. He quit. Period. And the man, woman, or kid that came to see the NHRAs icon race on Sunday left knowing they invested $200 to see their favorite driver take a dive. He volunteered to exit the race for a reason many of us understand, but explain that to someone who bought a ticket.

We all know Force's mystique. Some people bought a ticket to see him, and they could careless or even know who Robert Hight is.

That's the Force Fan dilemma at the track. Force Fan bought the tee shirt , bought the diecast, transitioned from Ford to Chevy, and invested in the NHRA on a Sunday only to see the driver quit. Quit. The sound of the stands reaction should tell everything.

You, I, the fans...we have all had a stake in giving John his platform to make money. Diecasts. Ticket costs. Time.

He owes it to me to put on an honest drag race. And he owes it to the John Force fan at the track.

Amazed at the ppl who are supportive of the best drag racer of all time intentionally throwing a drag race.

Force owes it to the sport that helped make him famous and quite rich to race honest and be honest.

It's a black eye on the office at Glendora and my passion for NHRA that its greatest driver will throw a race.

I'm not sure how anyone could support this.
John Force owes you nothing. John's only job is to do what is best for John Force Racing.

BUT all decisions have consequences, if fans get turned off
1) stop buying JFR stuff
2) stop coming to NHRA events
you see how well this is working out for the NFL
No Fans Left

Not this CRAP again!
I’ve posted this response very early in this thread but seems to have disappeared!
LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back