who get's The Oakley ride? (1 Viewer)

I don't think a driver bringing money to a team has anything to do with who will be driving the Oakley FC in 2008. It just might be about a driver who could attract fans who are not currently Oakley customers. JMHO

Who isn't an Oakley customer? What is there still some guy out there still wearing Wayfarers?:D

Bring in enough money and a fuel license and most anyone could have a ride.....Can you say "MTS"????
Well, those are two of the prime ingredients needed in order to race in the NHRA pro fuel classes, aren't they? Good thing for Jack he also has a personality and some talent as a driver.

Oh, and my pick for the Oakley deal is Kevin B.

i'll bring the alkyshine and nitroshine straight from Alabama, and i got all my teeth

Bama Boys

If Shoe wants another character, maybe he can talk Steve Johnson into racing with 4 wheels instead of 2. Craig Treble has actually expressed interest in a fuel ride, I believe, and he is small, light and definitely a cool character. How's that for thinking outside the box? :D

The Comstocks (MTS) have/give plenty of $$$$ for that car Jack is steering.
Beckman was not plucked from the general public due to his driving capability...he was 'accepted' w/ his contacts...Thats last years news..
If you/me were to approach most owners w/ a million or two dollars and a fuel license you could be on ESPN the following weekend.....Simple as that...
And thats kind of how that deal happened.....

Beckman was not plucked from the general public due to his driving capability...he was 'accepted' w/ his contacts...Thats last years news..
If you/me were to approach most owners w/ a million or two dollars and a fuel license you could be on ESPN the following weekend.....Simple as that...

well crap that means I have to get a some money before I apply for the seat then eh

Every situation is different...Some owners 'just' like to employ their drivers while some 'like' you because you bring cash to the table...

Gee.... If the goal is being a personality and selling Oakley products I should be a "shoe in"... License me up. :D

Everbody understands that he came with $$ attached, that's no secret. I guess I take exception to the way you've stated this; you make it sound like he's not a competent driver and that the $$ were the ONLY reason he's out there.

Everbody understands that he came with $$ attached, that's no secret. I guess I take exception to the way you've stated this; you make it sound like he's not a competent driver and that the $$ were the ONLY reason he's out there.

I agree Tom. He is a total package with some money... I guess he just sells BS at the school, and really doesn't know what's up... I know they are totally different beasts, but his SC championship isn't worth mentioning here, right? :rolleyes:

Give me a break, Jack is a stud, not only as a driver, but a person.

I agree...Beckman is a super neat person....STUD? Isn't that the job of a horse?
Money was the 'main' factor w/ his situation.....and everyone in the fuel circle knows that...

I don't think Terry is necessarily disagreeing with you on that, Tom. But the bottom line is very simple. He got the opportunity because of the cash. He's a good driver, which is something he probably wouldn't been able to prove without the partner.

To take it a step further, it would probably scare us all to death to know how many drivers are out there that are as good or better than the current crop, but will never get the opportunity without having a deal of their own in their pocket. I gaurantee you they're out there.

Sean D

Character? Dollars? Product line(s) to promote? You couldn't possibly beat this guy:

billymays.jpg

Billy Mays - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Driving ability? That might be a different story, but...would anyone care? IMAGINE the publicity for NHRA. :D

I would've said Ron Popeil, but NHRA already has a famously Botox'd pair of lips in a flopper. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back