Whit showed class on the show today (1 Viewer)

Bobby

Nitro Member
twice, first, when he seemed to be hinting he wasn't sure head should have been dq'd, then again in his comments about robert hight.

just thought I should mention that.

I couldn't agree more - Whit Bazemore showed a lot of class today... and all weekend for that matter. In addition to what has already been mentioned, there was all the discussion about Matco leaving the DSR camp; & the possibility he'll be out of the DSR camp next year; and the possibility he'll be moving to Top Fuel, etc. - yet throughout, he handled himself with grace, dignity and a lot of composure.

I'm certainly no Whit fan. But I have to agree with all of your comments. He was definitely a real class act this weekend.

Whit has always been a class act. The problem is some people have a hard time with people who tell you like it is.

well if you can't be classy when talking about Robert Hight then there is something inexplainably wrong with you because he is one of the nicest and most classy people i have ever met

I was watching the coverage with some non drag racing fans (I couldn't make it to Indy this year) and they were clearly impressed with the sportsmanship and grace shown by Bazemore and Head. We compared it to how football players and coaches react when something doesn't go their way and had a good laugh. They were also amazed at the Safety Safari during the Krisher incident.

Last edited:
I already knew it :D
Let me give you my take on it & then I'll shut up (maybe).Whit has a job to do & is very intent on doing it to the very best of his ability. That's the Whit you see on camera & why he appears "so" intense. Once the competitive fires, & adrenelin from the run, have gone down he can return to the reality of the "day to day" life & what's important there.
Of course this is just my take & I certainly don't want to put words in Whit's mouth. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. Everyone has their own thoughts & favorites & that is a great thing, but, the man I met at Indy was an extremely nice, humane, & human person with an extreme will to win & do his very best.
I know what I know & I've been around longer than I care to remember. Everyone else is more than welcome to their own opinions but before you form those opinions about someone, anyone, get to really know the person you are so quick so condemn.
Hell, I sound like a preacher & I don't want to do that, it's just my take & thanks for listenin', (or is it readin').:D ................."HIP"

I don't want to do that, it's just my take & thanks for listenin', (or is it readin').:D ................."HIP"

Every time I see that in his blog I think of that Eeyore (or whatever the thing in my av is named) sayin'

Thanks for noticing as only Eeyore can say it.

Okay, I watch too much television with the under 8 set.

I'm certainly no Whit fan. But I have to agree with all of your comments. He was definitely a real class act this weekend.

I concurr..................Whit certainly handled himself with a lot of class and showed lots of respect, for which he has certainly earned mine, Thank You Whit...............Perry Jr.

............hey hipro, whats wrong with sounding like a preacher, maybe that's your true calling and ya don't know it yet :eek: :D :cool:

Whit has always been a class act. The problem is some people have a hard time with people who tell you like it is.

And this is what starts it.

Again, some people have also had a hard time with WHAT he has said in the past, not THAT he did. I've never heard anyone complain, saying THAT he spoke his mind. That is an assumption on your part and everyone who's ever made that allegation. Apparently what's "bashing" and "outspoken" are in the eyes of the beholder

Last edited:
I already knew it :D
Let me give you my take on it & then I'll shut up (maybe).Whit has a job to do & is very intent on doing it to the very best of his ability. That's the Whit you see on camera & why he appears "so" intense. Once the competitive fires, & adrenelin from the run, have gone down he can return to the reality of the "day to day" life & what's important there.
Of course this is just my take & I certainly don't want to put words in Whit's mouth. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. Everyone has their own thoughts & favorites & that is a great thing, but, the man I met at Indy was an extremely nice, humane, & human person with an extreme will to win & do his very best.
I know what I know & I've been around longer than I care to remember. Everyone else is more than welcome to their own opinions but before you form those opinions about someone, anyone, get to really know the person you are so quick so condemn.
Hell, I sound like a preacher & I don't want to do that, it's just my take & thanks for listenin', (or is it readin').:D ................."HIP"

Hey Hip,

You have a good way with words, and I'm sure Whit would be flattered by what you say about him. Hope he lurks over here every now and then. I'm glad you got to hang with a modern day funny car racer like Whit cuz I know you go back to the early days of FC racing when Arnie B, Dyno Don, Ronnie Sox, Jungle Jim, and countless others were hitting the drag strips on almost a daily basis, and I'm sure you can appreciate the contrasts between then and now. I can remember seeing all the ramp trucks at the hotels closest to our local AHRA racetrack, Beeline Dragway, in Phoenix, and it was so cool. That was a tough life back then and who knew it would grow to what it is now? I'm not sure when I decided to follow Whit and root for him, but I suspect it was when I first read about how he was a fan first, and found a way through his photoraphy to be a part of the show, and then took the leap and chucked it all and went for it, starting small and making a name for himself. His and John Force's past to present stories are quite remarkable. Now that I live in Florida, I can relate to Whit asking his parents to detour over to Gainesville Raceway just to see the track (or race...not sure) but being from the West, and only reading about the GatorNationals for 15-20 years, I too had the same feelings about that track until I moved here. It held so much history since I knew that Big Daddy was from Florida and it was his home track, and the Darrell Gwynn who was another favorite of mine, and also bad boy Al Hoffman who was and still is from nearby Umatilla, Florida. I remain a fan, but its cool that Whit moved up to live his dream.

As for the reason for this thread, Whit's comments about Robert Hight and the JFR team were sincere and real. He spoke to his pain about not being able to close the deal, and how hard that hurts. He praised his Matco team too. I was truly impressed that Todd and his team turned that car around for the final and pulled a fantastic # out of it, and with a little luck, Whit could have been the one on the podium. I guess he used all his luck up on the semi-final against Jim Head. I applaud Whit for his determination and drive as he has had another tough year so far but I'm sure it's nice to know that you have a car that can run with the best. Whit made Robert earn that victory as Robert had to make a perfect run to win INDY and Whit was right there if he had even a minor slip up. Hat's off to Robert and Jimmy Prock for another U.S. Nationals win for AAA and JFR.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back