BEWARE! Crazy's out today........ (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
We have been open for almost an hour and a half today and already these are the people I've helped:

1. Guy wanted to borrow $13,000 over 12 years. I think not.

2. Guy couldnt understand why we wouldnt reopen his acct unless he paid us the money he owed us from when we charged off his acct last year.

3. Guy who said he never made a w/d from his acct and even after showing him the signature and pulling it up on video says it wasnt him.

4. A girl who cant understand that every time she writes a hot check she gets charged $25. He wrote 2 checks to Whataburger, $5.81 and $6.25 last week and she didnt have money. Hope she enjoyed those $30 hamburgers after all. Then she asked me what other checks she had out. I told her, "I have no idea. We have no way of knowing what checks you write. Thats why you should keep a record of them." She then informed me that we should "know" when she write's a check. I asked how and she couldnt come up with an answer.

5. And last but not least, a guy who lives in Houston Texas and wants to buy, are yall ready for this, a SNOWMOBILE. He must be expecting a helluva winter!

We have days in the banking business like these and it normally continues the whole day. I just thought I would share what a crazy morning its been.

4. A girl who cant understand that every time she writes a hot check she gets charged $25. He wrote 2 checks to Whataburger, $5.81 and $6.25 last week and she didnt have money. Hope she enjoyed those $30 hamburgers after all. Then she asked me what other checks she had out. I told her, "I have no idea. We have no way of knowing what checks you write. Thats why you should keep a record of them." She then informed me that we should "know" when she write's a check. I asked how and she couldnt come up with an answer.

Good grief! Don't they teach 'survival in the real world' in the local high school?

Good grief! Don't they teach 'survival in the real world' in the local high school?

Jenn, you'd be real surprised how "uneducated" people are these days. We deal with them alot. I honestly think they should make every student pass an accounting class before they get out of high school.

So does this mean you're not gonna give me that loan for the flux capictor????:D

Jenn, you'd be real surprised how "uneducated" people are these days. We deal with them alot. I honestly think they should make every student pass an accounting class before they get out of high school.

Apparently. One of my siblings should have been made to take that course, they are just like the woman you discribed!

During this time of year I get a lot of people that want service for free, as if we're a charity.

1). A woman wanted to to help her configure her print server over the phone. When I told we we only do those onsite and for a fee, she spouted she shouldn't have to pay for setting it up "because she just bought it."

2). A older man wanted me to walk him through using his new computer. When I told him I can't and we can send a tech out for training for a fee, he spouted off on how rediculous that was.

3). Off a recommendation from a salesperson, guy buys Norton, installs it, and can't get online. When I told him we we can support him for a fee, he insists he shouldn't have to pay "because it was our salesperson that recommended it."

PJ, your my boy. Whatever you want brother. $1m, no interest, and dont have to pay it back??? How's that sound. But I'd expect you to come visit me in jail!

well see thats why I'm the brains of this outfit (why do I have visions of laurel and hardy or abbott and castello all of a sudden) anyway see you double that 1m then we split it that way there's enough for you to hide. So when can I expect my check:D

well see thats why I'm the brains of this outfit (why do I have visions of laurel and hardy or abbott and castello all of a sudden) anyway see you double that 1m then we split it that way there's enough for you to hide. So when can I expect my check:D

Its in the mail!

thanks justin - great stuff!

seriously, i was at walmart recently and swiped my debit card, then
writing the amount in my checkbook register - the clerk told me
i didn't have to write a check too (she thought i was also writing check:eek:)
i told her i was recording the amount in my register so i can
balance my checkbook to my monthly bank statement.

(sound of wind into one ear and out other) :eek: :eek:

thanks justin - great stuff!

seriously, i was at walmart recently and swiped my debit card, then
writing the amount in my checkbook register - the clerk told me
i didn't have to write a check too (she thought i was also writing check:eek:)
i told her i was recording the amount in my register so i can
balance my checkbook to my monthly bank statement.

(sound of wind into one ear and out other) :eek: :eek:

That's what I don't do! I'd rather put everything on one CREDIT card that offers me cash back, and then write one check at the end of the month. So I never mess with my debit card/checking account unless i need cash. I rarely need cash anyway. My most common cash purchase are the parking meters at school anyway

That's what I don't do! I'd rather put everything on one CREDIT card that offers me cash back, and then write one check at the end of the month. So I never mess with my debit card/checking account unless i need cash. I rarely need cash anyway. My most common cash purchase are the parking meters at school anyway
no problem using card for everything so you only write one check per month,
but how do you keep track of your monthly purchases so as to not
over extend yourself?

no problem using card for everything so you only write one check per month,
but how do you keep track of your monthly purchases so as to not
over extend yourself?

My receipts. Plus the credit card company sends me alerts when I reach certain amounts. I usually make about 120-160 bucks from my credit card (paying NO interest since I pay it off every month). Usually about 10-20 bucks a year on dividends from my savings account.

My receipts. Plus the credit card company sends me alerts when I reach certain amounts. I usually make about 120-160 bucks from my credit card (paying NO interest since I pay it off every month). Usually about 10-20 bucks a year on dividends from my savings account.

works for me.
guess i'm just an old fashioned balance checkbook person.
(and i'm not that old:eek:)

actually i use a worldperks card as often as possible
for business expenses

We have been open for almost an hour and a half today and already these are the people I've helped:

1. Guy wanted to borrow $13,000 over 12 years. I think not.

2. Guy couldnt understand why we wouldnt reopen his acct unless he paid us the money he owed us from when we charged off his acct last year.

3. Guy who said he never made a w/d from his acct and even after showing him the signature and pulling it up on video says it wasnt him.

5. And last but not least, a guy who lives in Houston Texas and wants to buy, are yall ready for this, a SNOWMOBILE. He must be expecting a helluva winter!

We have days in the banking business like these and it normally continues the whole day. I just thought I would share what a crazy morning its been.

Hey Justin! The girl who ran up the bounced check fees? She shoulda just wrote you a check for it! :D Couldn't resist.

How do you not laugh in some of these peoples' faces and, would they fire you if you did?

I was in a dollar store the other week (cuz cheap little wash tubs make great little parts/tool totes). Some woman held up some aluminum cooking pans at the register and....you guessed it....asked the cashier how much they were! Do you know how quickly I'd be fired from that job? How many humorous ways would you come up with to address that question?

"Well, since it's Wednesday....they're a dollar!" :D

I asked the guy after she walked out how often he gets that question. He said "You wouldn't believe me if I told you!" Of course, then he had the nerve to refuse selling me my shopping basket or his cash register for a dollar!

During this time of year I get a lot of people that want service for free, as if we're a charity.

1). A woman wanted to to help her configure her print server over the phone. When I told we we only do those onsite and for a fee, she spouted she shouldn't have to pay for setting it up "because she just bought it."

2). A older man wanted me to walk him through using his new computer. When I told him I can't and we can send a tech out for training for a fee, he spouted off on how rediculous that was.

3). Off a recommendation from a salesperson, guy buys Norton, installs it, and can't get online. When I told him we we can support him for a fee, he insists he shouldn't have to pay "because it was our salesperson that recommended it."

One of my customers a couple weeks ago wanted me to leave where I was parking for the night and drive 40 miles round trip out of the way to drop his cabinets off that night instead of the next morning as scheduled between two other stops. This was so he could get an earlier start on a "business" trip. I told him it costs me .50 a mile in fuel, and that I like to make as much as the truck gets, so it'd cost him $40. Getting a truck to move out of it's way for a buck a mile today is CHEAP! Likewise your stories, he was insulted and refused to pay. I didn't care whether he paid or refused but, have an attitude with me about it? I'm sure HE provides and installs cabinets for free if you ask him! :D

Last edited:
Hey Justin! The girl who ran up the bounced check fees? She shoulda just wrote you a check for it! :D Couldn't resist.

How do you not laugh in some of these peoples' faces and, would they fire you if you did?

I was in a dollar store the other week (cuz cheap little wash tubs make great little parts/tool totes). Some woman held up some aluminum cooking pans at the register and....you guessed it....asked the cashier how much they were! Do you know how quickly I'd be fired from that job? How many humorous ways would you come up with to address that question?

"Well, since it's Wednesday....they're a dollar!" :D

I asked the guy after she walked out how often he gets that question. He said "You wouldn't believe me if I told you!" Of course, then he had the nerve to refuse selling me my shopping basket or his cash register for a dollar!

Ron, its hard not to laugh sometimes but you just have to learn to deal with it and stay calm and talk to them like there not stupid but trust me with some of them its really hard.

Was it Jeff Foxworthy who said when they came to repo his car, they said they'd accept a check as payment? He said something like "Well hell, I'll pay the thing off!" :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back