BEWARE! Crazy's out today........ (1 Viewer)

Ron, its hard not to laugh sometimes but you just have to learn to deal with it and stay calm and talk to them like there not stupid but trust me with some of them its really hard.

Sometimes they really mess up the loading of the cabinets. I've found cabinets up in the nose of the trailer, three days and 15 stops after they were supposed to come off. I'll dig for a minute or two to try to find them, then have to tell the customer I can't do it all day. Then comes the usual question "What happens if you find it later?" I look them straight in the eye and tell them "It goes home with me." They're SHOCKED that I won't drive however many miles for free back to them because of someone else's mistake. :D

I'm asked politely by the manufacturer to "dispose" of them because it's cheaper to make a new one and send it out next week than pay the extra mileage and handling to go back and deliver one cabinet. Sucks for a customer who might be waiting for a kitchen or bathroom to be finished. Friends on my "cabinet gravy train" have nice race trailers, though! :D

works for me.
guess i'm just an old fashioned balance checkbook person.
(and i'm not that old:eek:)

actually i use a worldperks card as often as possible
for business expenses

I just saw it as a way to make my money work FOR me a little bit. It seems to be working for me. I have some in savings should I get carried away or have an emergency. My dad used to tell me to have enough reserves to get through a month of unemployment. I used to see that as a threat since he's my employer but it's a good rule of thumb :)

no problem using card for everything so you only write one check per month,
but how do you keep track of your monthly purchases so as to not
over extend yourself?

I manage my AmEx online. I am like Jenn, I put everything on the AmEx Blue Cash and get money back at the end of the year. Except I don't write checks, online bill pay is the greatest invention of the past 10 years. I haven't written a check since '99 or '00.

Most credit cards (and for that matter banks for your checking account/debit cards) will allow you to manage your accounts online.

I manage my AmEx online. I am like Jenn, I put everything on the AmEx Blue Cash and get money back at the end of the year. Except I don't write checks, online bill pay is the greatest invention of the past 10 years. I haven't written a check since '99 or '00.

Most credit cards (and for that matter banks for your checking account/debit cards) will allow you to manage your accounts online.

I've been using online bill pay too, I schedule my payment day it's due so it sits in my account earning interest until that point. I still have to write a check for the avon lady or the fundraisers that the kids come by with every couple months.

i use perks card for business expense whenever i can, except for those
local customers who i reciprocate business with; somewhat of an unwritten
rule to pay each other with checks so to avoid credit card fees.
for personal/home bills i should become more adept with online banking.

Was it Jeff Foxworthy who said when they came to repo his car, they said they'd accept a check as payment? He said something like "Well hell, I'll pay the thing off!" :D

That is one of my favorite bits of all time...

"I don't have that kind of money around."

"Can you write a check?"

"NO I can't write a ch... A check? Why didn't you say so. I thought you wanted money. Hell, why don't I just pay the whole thing off?"

Something like that.
:):)

i use perks card for business expense whenever i can, except for those
local customers who i reciprocate business with; somewhat of an unwritten
rule to pay each other with checks so to avoid credit card fees.
for personal/home bills i should become more adept with online banking.

My business card gets cash rewards as well, but I don't get THAT money. lol.

Well, not directly anyway.

We do the same thing, the online bill pay and pay for most everything with our AmEx blue. Also haven't written a check in about 6-7 years. We have a couple cash back credit cards and use one until we've reached the maximum cash back, then use the other one until a new year starts. Has worked perfectly for 5 years without us ever paying a finance charge or gone over our limit.

Sold a car once to a guy (didn't speak much english) wanted 700 bucks for it.He kept saying 500 500 so I told him to give me $900 dollars then I would give him a $200 dollar cash back discount when he transfered the title. He agreed to it right away and him and his friends where laughing at me.

Justin, you should go to classicfunnycarboard and ask the guy with the screen name of "Rocky" tell you some of the stories he and his wife have told me about experiences at their Sunoco gas station in New Jersey.

One was about a guy with a Lexus who bought ten dollars worth of gas, and his debit card was declined. She saw several other cards in his wallet but, he couldn't use them because they were all over the limit. He leaves something or another for collateral, goes and gets his girlfriend to come over with her BMW. She buys $30 worth of gas, puts $40 on her card to pay for his $10, because SHE didn't have ten dollars on her!

Those two say if you knew how many people come in there with high dollar cars and don't have enough funds or credit available on their plastic or cash in their pockets! They said one guy left his wedding ring as collateral and didn't come back for two days to pay it off! One woman went ballistic when her debit card was declined, saying that it was her bank's responsibility to let her know if she wrote more money in checks than what was in her account!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back