Valvoline to sponsor Hot Rod at Gators (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
Just as someone predicted, Valvoline has stepped up to sponsor the points leader "one more race"...............:)

That's good news. I just hope that with the extra time this buys the team will be able to find a full time sponsor.

Well if it doesn't work out, he can always go back to the Alcohol Ranks...;) :D :eek:

Just as someone predicted, Valvoline has stepped up to sponsor the points leader "one more race"...............:)

Yes , Sir....And I think this one will be for more than Gainesville....We'll just have to see....

Know what I mean, Ghio...? lol

'nother one for the skipper...;)

That's great news! I wonder what David Powers will do if this is the last race for Valvoline I hope he keeps Fuller out there no matter what...

Powers could run both cars out of his wallet if needed...
Whatever the reason, Valvoline is getting as much ink w/ the wins as they are over the 'were in, were out' press releases....could be a spin for attention...regardless the car(s) are flying...

Well . . . guess Shoe's deal with Valvoline didn't include the word "exclusive"!
It is a no brainer that Valvoline should have continued sponsoring the #5 TF driver for the entire season. Of course, I'm just a fan and don't understand the politics involved here.
That being said, I CAN say - Go get 'em Hot Rod !!!!

Well . . . guess Shoe's deal with Valvoline didn't include the word "exclusive"!
It is a no brainer that Valvoline should have continued sponsoring the #5 TF driver for the entire season. Of course, I'm just a fan and don't understand the politics involved here.
That being said, I CAN say - Go get 'em Hot Rod !!!!
Im with you on that Jim!

Yes , Sir....And I think this one will be for more than Gainesville....We'll just have to see....

Know what I mean, Ghio...? lol

'nother one for the skipper...
Hey Skippy;) Uh Mr. Rathman sir...:D
Can you tell me what day I will win the mega-million jackpot, and what those numbers may be??:eek: You can PM those to me please... LOL

I hear ya...:) Another check mark already on the board after I read it this morning... Don't think this shiite goes over my head, or in one ear and out the other...
The Sponge- hehe

Maybe Valvoline just wants the press when THE WHALE TAIL runs down the Gainsville strip?
I assume the DPM is still planning on running it?
One heck of a sign board.
Did Garlitts have any signage on his Mono strut?

Fuller Is A Dick, Remember Us Alcohol Guys Can't Drive, The Pro,s
Come From Super Comp Ranks I Would Like To See Him Cry A Little More On National Tv, So We Can Feel Sorry For Him

G Kelly

Fuller Is A Dick, Remember Us Alcohol Guys Can't Drive, The Pro,s
Come From Super Comp Ranks I Would Like To See Him Cry A Little More On National Tv, So We Can Feel Sorry For Him

G Kelly

Guy, I think all you alky guys have a chip on your shoulder or something. Hot Rod didnt say you cant drive, he said he thought the best drivers in the sport came from the super classes/bracket racers and I happen to agree with him.
He also said he didnt want to go the alky classes b/c it was very expensive and didnt have alot of rewards for running it, which you should know is true. Your treated like 2nd class citizens, the prize money sucks, etc. He was right. And then all you alky guys got your panties in a twist. I dont think he meant it as an insult to you, the guy gave an honest answer to a question and in my opinion he was dead on. Go ahead and flame away.

WOW!!! Fuller is a dick?????
He's a really good friend of mine and I can assure you he isn't a dick, actually a really nice guy. I'm sorry if he offended you alky guys but calling him names is just plain not cool. I'm sure he's never called you a dick. Bottom line that DICK is driving a top-fuel dragster and gettin' paid for it.

JUSTIN: PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR FACTS THAT THE BEST DRIVERS COME FROM
THE SUPER CLASSES, AND IT TAKES A LITTLE MORE ABILITY TO DRIVE AN ALCOHOL CAR THAN RELEASING THE TRANSBRAKE, I DON'T THINK FULLER
GOT HIS DEAL FROM PURE DRIVING ABILITY IF YOU WILL DO A LITTLE INVESTIGATING I THINK HE BOUGHT HIS RIDE LIKE A LOT OTHER DRIVERS OR HIS PARENTS DID, I OWN MY BUSINESS WITH NO PARENTS TO HELP SO I FEEL LIKE I PAID MY DUES AND SAY WHAT I PLEASE MAYBE HE ISN'T A DICK
BUT I HAVEN'T HEARD AN APOLOGY, BY THE WAY I DON'T HAVE A CHIP
ON MY SHOULDER.

gk

Truth of the matter is, there is no facts as to who is the best driver. There is no way to compare them but just b/c Scotty Richardson, Luke Bogacki, Johnny Labbous etc dont drive a T/F or alky car doesnt mean that they cant, and it also doesnt mean they wouldnt be better than some of the current drivers that do now. I think it takes a better driver to win consistently at big $$$ bracket racing (cutting great lights and driving the finish line) than it does to pilot a 5.50 second TAD or 4.5 second T/F dragster (just push the gas, hold on and steer) Just my opinion. To me, the Crew Chief is the most important thing in the fuel/alky ranks. They make the driver.

As for Hot Rod himself, I dont personally know Rod. He's seems like a decent guy to me. I think he's doing a great job driving the Valvoline digger. And as for how he got his job, just like everyone else driving. Either $$$, knew someone, hard work, driving talent, or whatever you want to call it. So he had connections at Valvoline. Big deal. More power to him, he's living his dream. And I must say he isnt doing too bad, he's leading the Powerade Pts. I know if you had the connections you would use them as well and I would be happy for you also. I dont get why everyone always has to bash people b/c there daddy has money (Lucas, Bernstein, Kalitta).

And as for your apology, I thought he did release something thru Geiger or someone saying that that isint exactly what he meant being the way you all took it saying the alky guys suck and cant drive a car out of a paper bag. As for the chip on your shoulder comment, not really pointed directly at you but the class in general.

Last edited:
Truth of the matter is, there is no facts as to who is the best driver. There is no way to compare them but just b/c Scotty Richardson, Luke Bogacki, Johnny Labbous etc dont drive a T/F or alky car doesnt mean that they cant, and it also doesnt mean they wouldnt be better than some of the current drivers that do now. I think it takes a better driver to win consistently at big $$$ bracket racing (cutting great lights and driving the finish line) than it does to pilot a 5.50 second TAD or 4.5 second T/F dragster (just push the gas, hold on and steer) Just my opinion. To me, the Crew Chief is the most important thing in the fuel/alky ranks. They make the driver.

Justin Justin Justin-
You cannot be serious!!:rolleyes: Can you??:eek:

Justin Justin Justin-
You cannot be serious!!:rolleyes: Can you??:eek:

I'm dead serious Ray. I think it takes more skill to be a successful big $$$ bracket winner than it does to pilot a fuel/alky car. Not as far as actually "DRIVING" the car but in the overall aspect of being a driver. Some of you may not understand what I am saying.

I think you guys are fighting over apples and oranges. Are you talking purely driving the car or winning success? To simplify things, how about this: Say a 10 sec. weekend warrior makes the jump into a S/C car. Odds are pretty good that he/she could jump in it, and first lap run in the 8's. Could they have the same success jumping into an alky car? How about a fuel FC? This is all in fun BTW. Obviously, super class racers have skills that alky & fuel drivers don't---because they are not needed in those classes.

Maybe I'm sippin' kool-aid at the kiddie table again, but I'm not sure Justin's very far off... He isn't saying it doesn't take skill to pilot an alcohol or fuel car (digger or flopper) and neither would I. Quite the opposite, in fact. But 'skill' isn't the question here. Most folks who know and at least partially understand the different classes will agree that arguably the toughest drag cars on the planet to drive are Alky Funny Cars. We could talk about the difficulty in driving (and tuning) an Alky Digger, but with the decreasing numbers of true Blown Alky cars in the category it's becoming junior Top Fuel racing in my humble opinion... AND THAT'S A DAMN SHAME! (Also my humble opinion.)

Personally, I think this whole Hot Rod quote about the Alky teams was taken waaaaaay out of context. I believe his point, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, was that there's not a lot of money to be made or won in the Alky ranks - fact. I honestly don't believe he ever intended to disgrace or otherwise knock the talent required to pilot or tune an alcohol car.

Back to the point of the thread - I'm glad to see Valvoline back for at least one more race... whether because of the whale tail, or the points lead, or just because they have money to burn - whatever the reason, it's good to see.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back