Fuller's Future? (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
I was told not to bet money that Hot Rod would be running at all this year - WRONG! After that, it was rumored that the Valvoline sponsorship was only through today's race.
Now - after a very impressive performance today, I think he just might be the points leader. So . . . does anyone have any factual knowledge about what is going to happen at Gainsville?

I don't know what would be gained by letting him go. But you know a lot of these deals are contigent on the driver bringing a sponsor to the table. I'm sure Valvoline could do the whole season if they wanted too.

My guess is without sponsorship Power's will park the Valvoline ride, why a Top running car would find it hard to find a sponsor is what's puzzling to me.

It appears he was going to be sitting, unless they found a sponsor, until that become known on some of those evil message boards. The plans changed, Fuller himself has said that during the off season he thought he'd be sitting. The Valvoline deal as the major sponsor is up now.

It be smart forthem to reup with a top car. If not hopefully someone else steps up, if not Mr Powers may be digging into his own pockets.

thought i read DPR sponsor was contigent on use
of 'whale tail' - and mr. powers stated the 'whale tail'
was approved & forthcoming?

There is an article in Geiger counter that states whale tail to be debuted at the Gators..................I would have to assume Hot Rod has something in the "wings" for sponsorship...............sorry, couldn't resist:)

There is an article in Geiger counter that states whale tail to be debuted at the Gators..................I would have to assume Hot Rod has something in the "wings" for sponsorship...............sorry, couldn't resist:)

wouldn't have resisted either - that's perfect!

just to show everyone he's not any better at driving, it's who has the money
he bought his ride like all the rest. the truth sometimes is painful
even from an alcohol guy

Bama Boys

thought i read DPR sponsor was contigent on use
of 'whale tail' - and mr. powers stated the 'whale tail'
was approved & forthcoming?
Mike
Just to clarify...
DPR- is Don Prudhomme Racing
DPM- is David Powers Motorsports

I know what you meant though...
But there is a difference...

Last edited:
Mike
Just to clarify...
DPR- is Don Prudhomme Racing
DPM- is David Powers Motorsports

I know what you meant though...
But there is a difference...

Thanks for the clarification, Ray! I was getting a little confused, but I Tink you straightened it all out for me!

This SUCKS!! Rod Fuller is a top 5 driver EASY and his sponsor is leaving. I sure hope David Powers finds a way to keep Hot Rod out there and running at the top, they are one of the baddest in the class.

Bobby's article explains the situation.

Yes, it does explain the situation, but I'm amazed the points leader is heading to Gainesville with no sponsorship! Beckman comes out at Phoenix with Valvoline graphics and no explanation of where this is heading.
Another team owner ego/pissing match? Guess we'll all just have to quietly sit back and see what happens - :rolleyes:

Remember last year when Powers announced that he would be dropping Valvoline because they were scaling back to an associate sponsorship? A week later DSR announced the signing of Valvoline to an associate sponsorship. Powers must have made a deal with Valvoline to let him run two events as a major sponsor for the same money as an associate deal for a full year.

Good one there... How about we start a rumour (if it hasn't already happened - haven't read the rest of the thread yet) about Red Bull coming on board to sponsor him? :D

No seriously, what about Red Bull? They have gazillions of dollars, LOVE motorsports, and with all the other energy drinks in NHRA, why aren't they involved?

We saw the Valvoline body at Las Vegas during testing. I overheard Jack saying that he was going to run it at Phoenix and that one of the other cars was going to run it at another race (Sorry I don't remember which one).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back