Tuesday PS (1 Viewer)

I'm a pro stock fan first, but there's a huge down side to Pro stock getting its own show. The audience will microscopic. Pro stock is a niche class in niche sport. Lets face it, every move or decision the nhra has made regarding pro stock in the last decade, has been an abject failure, and i dont have any confidence this will help at all

your feature story on KB racing will be very good, and would enjoy viewing it. i hope the money, effort, and time put into to doing this piece will not be lost on one single tuesday evening airing.

Seems like a fine idea, I just have to curtail my ability to find out who the winner is. I can do that. I have no TV programs/sitcoms I am devoted to during the week, so actually having something of interest on the tele during a weeknight is welcome. Give a try.

I can't watch if I already know the results, its like someone blowing the end of a movie then you go watch it anyway. While being the showcase of its own show is nice, having it delayed several days really just pushes them closer to out the door then active full member of the Pro Ranks.

I can't watch if I already know the results, its like someone blowing the end of a movie then you go watch it anyway. While being the showcase of its own show is nice, having it delayed several days really just pushes them closer to out the door then active full member of the Pro Ranks.
Bingo, you nailed it!

So you two guys mainly watch to learn the ending score ... there is so much more to it than that, like 99% more.

I don't enjoy baseball, I don't know the intricacies of the game, and pretty much just see the plays and scoring ... no strategy. That seems to be how you two see pro stock. On race days I have NHRA TV/All Access on .... during the week is when I catch the recorded TV show (well except this week because directV didn't catch the Monday deal in time.

I hope there are more of me than there are of you .... but time will tell (and certainly neither of us is wrong, just different).

So you two guys mainly watch to learn the ending score ... there is so much more to it than that, like 99% more.

I don't enjoy baseball, I don't know the intricacies of the game, and pretty much just see the plays and scoring ... no strategy. That seems to be how you two see pro stock. On race days I have NHRA TV/All Access on .... during the week is when I catch the recorded TV show (well except this week because directV didn't catch the Monday deal in time.

I hope there are more of me than there are of you .... but time will tell (and certainly neither of us is wrong, just different).

I agree. Seems to me if you are a hardcore PS fan the ending is just a small part of it. I used to watch drag racing VHS tapes over and over until they wore and the final rounds never changed. Just because you know who won does not mean you know who they beat to get to the final round.

I hope they don’t show the final during the nitro show and spoil it like they show with pro mod, I still watch the pro mods on tv but already know who won the race.

I agree. Seems to me if you are a hardcore PS fan the ending is just a small part of it. I used to watch drag racing VHS tapes over and over until they wore and the final rounds never changed. Just because you know who won does not mean you know who they beat to get to the final round.
Yea but still if you know who won it doesnt make it fun. Me i cant wait to watch the
Races and power up the stereo system. But if i knew who won,it just isnt the same and no stereo lol. If this is a 1 time thing ill live with it,sure hope so...

For me, the route to victory is fun to watch, not just the victory itself. If racing wasn't close, I get your point, but our racing tends to be so close ... in all categories quite frankly.

There's nothing that NHRA could do that some people wouldn't throw rocks at.
See if this sounds familiar:
"NHRA barely shows any Pro Stock on the Sunday show."
"NHRA doesn't show any Pro Stock on the Friday Nitro show."
"NHRA is trying to kill Pro Stock by not giving them any coverage."

NHRA announces that Now Pro Stock has their own stand alone show. NHRA puts time and resources toward getting more exposure for Pro Stock. They will have the spotlight, where not only will they cover the racing they will go in depth for a look at what it takes to be competitive and even take cameras inside the most secretive shop in Pro Stock. So what's the response?
"Nobody will watch if it's just Pro Stock."
"It's on the wrong night."
"I can't watch knowing who won"

That about right?
How about watching one show before you tell me how much it sucks? Is that too much to ask?
Alan

NHRA announces that Now Pro Stock has their own stand alone show. NHRA puts time and resources toward getting more exposure for Pro Stock. They will have the spotlight, where not only will they cover the racing they will go in depth for a look at what it takes to be competitive and even take cameras inside the most secretive shop in Pro Stock. So what's the response?

That about right?
How about watching one show before you tell me how much it sucks? Is that too much to ask?
Alan
Didnt say the show sucks,the time slot and day its on sucks

For me, the route to victory is fun to watch, not just the victory itself. If racing wasn't close, I get your point, but our racing tends to be so close ... in all categories quite frankly.
I feel the same way. Street Outlaws No Prep Kings are filmed at least 3 months before it airs and the ratings are still pretty good.

That about right?
Alan

please do not confuse us with facts.

I feel the same way. Street Outlaws No Prep Kings are filmed at least 3 months before it airs and the ratings are still pretty good.

IMO SO' and such are reality shows does not matter what day they are on or the results. Heck I watch reruns from years ago, it is just good racing.

NHRA is "live" pro racing showing it on Tuesday is anti climatic unless you can avoid all news, friends and family.

My wife is huge NHRA fan as are a couple guys she works with, she has told them no race results talk till Wed. or else.

tried to watch monday elims. from pomona monday nite. knew the race would be on at 10pm cst. all i had to do was stay away from internet coverage on monday. i couldn't. the race happened.
needed to know who won, and followed each round all afternoon on DRC........made it thru 1st round of TF and FC, turned the channel somewhere during 1st round of PS. i knew who would win
each round. for me it's anti-climactic. some of the sunday elim. shows are tape delayed, and have been able to stay away from internet sunday afternoons and catch evening broadcast uninformed.
when at work during week, i follow many motorsports websites, notably nhra and F1.......we will find out if the tuesday nite PS show gets acceptable ratings. a question i would have for nhra
going forward. if these weeknite shows continue, will they also feature PSB? wondering if HD has perhaps expressed interest in additional PSB coverage? or some kind of additional television coverage
that would focus attention on HD. (i'm guessing HD is still spending significant money with the nhra?)

I am not a fan on the stand alone Tuesday show. For me the NHRA pro experience is all 4 classes and I like to watch the race progress/unfold in the "natural" round by round progression. It is know around my house that Sunday evenings are booked on race day. I stay away from social media that might tip off any details of the day and when racing friends and family call on Sunday I start the conversation with "if you know anything from the race today, dont tell me, I haven't watched it yet. I would rather see less nitro replays and all rounds of PS & PSM. It is great that PS has a stand a lone show to highlight the class, but I dont see myself watching it. Between the fact that it is during the week which is booked with kids activities and a couple of "normal" TV shows that my wife and I watch, I just dont see me self turning in the the PS stand alone show. Not to mention it would be next to impossible for me not to know the results before hand, so the show would be totally anticlimactic even if the time spot worked better for my schedule. Just my $.02.

Its to hard to be away from social media amd internet,so dvr doesnt mean anything

Then it is simple, find out the results of Pro Stock on Sunday and don't watch the Tuesday show. Your constant complaining is not going to change anything.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back