Tuesday PS (1 Viewer)

Then it is simple, find out the results of Pro Stock on Sunday and don't watch the Tuesday show. Your constant complaining is not going to change anything.
Nope. Its kind of like we are the customer here,without us, then there isnt anything lol

Last edited:
tried to watch monday elims. from pomona monday nite. knew the race would be on at 10pm cst. all i had to do was stay away from internet coverage on monday. i couldn't. the race happened.
needed to know who won, and followed each round all afternoon on DRC........made it thru 1st round of TF and FC, turned the channel somewhere during 1st round of PS. i knew who would win
each round. for me it's anti-climactic. some of the sunday elim. shows are tape delayed, and have been able to stay away from internet sunday afternoons and catch evening broadcast uninformed.
when at work during week, i follow many motorsports websites, notably nhra and F1.......we will find out if the tuesday nite PS show gets acceptable ratings. a question i would have for nhra
going forward. if these weeknite shows continue, will they also feature PSB? wondering if HD has perhaps expressed interest in additional PSB coverage? or some kind of additional television coverage
that would focus attention on HD. (i'm guessing HD is still spending significant money with the nhra?)
NHRA.TV

Its to hard to be away from social media amd internet,so dvr doesnt mean anything

I remember being a kid 50 years ago and drag racing would be on, you would be at home in front of the TV at that time or you missed it and never seen it again.
No VHS, DVR, U tube..................

to get my fix Dad used to bring me to E Town on Wed. nites or on the weekend.

Damn, if the NHRA would just invent NHRA.TV for the fan who has to get the action live, we would certainly have no problem here. And those same people could even watch their sportsman friends around the country compete .... and damn near feel like they're there! Wish, wish, wish.....

Surely people who had access to exactly what they're asking for wouldn't complain about trying to broaden the sport to non hardcore fans who don't have so many instantaneous access points to results.

Sorry Jesse, I posted before realizing there was a page 3

Weren't we told we had to have live coverage or our sport was irrelevant in today's info now world. Pushing a class off a few days seems to be saying they are not relevant. Now if they do some light coverage on race day then a deeper dive a few days later, I suppose it could work.

Do the sportsmen shows get more eyes on them since they have their own shows or do they have more people watching when they show the finals on the main show? It's the great marketing and sponsorship question, which is better, being seen for 5 minutes by X amount of people or being seen by XXXX people for 15 seconds.

yes PJ, we were told that. i hope nhra gets the ratings results they hope for with the weeknite broadcast.

People are so spoiled these days,. Well I come from the prehistoric era when I had to wait 2 weeks for my National Dragster to come or call the Castrol hot lkne to find out who won a national event. Any drag racing on TV is great to me. I'll be watching

I will watch as long as it's on FS1 and not FS2
In order to get FS2, I would have to pay another 20 some dollars a month plus upgrade my equipment to HD at double the going rate for my regular boxes....they get enough of my money already.
This is why I don't have Velocity/MT channel also.

In order to get FS2, I would have to pay another 20 some dollars a month plus upgrade my equipment to HD at double the going rate for my regular boxes....they get enough of my money already.
I didnt have fs2 a month ago and all of a sudden i do,didnt change subscription or anything,check your channnels,you may have it now???

People are so spoiled these days,. Well I come from the prehistoric era when I had to wait 2 weeks for my National Dragster to come or call the Castrol hot lkne to find out who won a national event. Any drag racing on TV is great to me. I'll be watching
Oh here we go with remember when lol. As Tony Soprano said its the lowest point of conversation lol

Bob, you need to start streaming, I use Fire TV and Hulu and pay less than $50 month as long as you have unlimited Internet. I get everything including FS1, FS2 it works great.11

I hear what you guys are saying, but I don't fully understand. I was at Pomona, I watched it live and called it live. I know who won. I still want to see the show (haven't yet I am in Qatar at a Pro Mod event) because it was GREAT Racing and I want to see it again. I will be watching to see what happened in the pits that I may not know and because side by side 334 mph racing is worth reliving, at least it is to me.

I swear if NHRA paid to put Drag Racing on during halftime at the Super Bowl some of you would find something to complain about.

And from the remember when file, NHRA Today for me was a must see, I know who who the race they were recapping, but they took me to race shops, and businesses of the teams that I watched and that made it special to me.

Alan

Alan, I cant get on board with your idea of airing the races at halftime, I watch the super bowl for the game and a race during would be wat too distracting! All kidding aside a show like NHRA Today is a missing link in giving fans a look into untold/unseen goings on of the sport. I too loved the shop tours and such that don’t really have a place in the race coverage, but do add to the fan experience. On a side note, I love the my journey segments they have done. NHRA is made up (for the most part) down to earth regular people with a extreme drive and passion for the sport and learning about their path is always interesting.

It's 2019 and you still don't have HD yet? You're living in 2001 lol.

lets look at this from another angle. do the weeknite shows, whether it is actual racing that happened a few days ago, or an nhra today style show that does human interest stories.
the new marketing focus this year for the nhra is stars, not cars, so why not develop the stars further with weeknite shows? does fox have better rates for primetime evenings? when are
fox's best rates? will fox repeat a weeknite show? once? twice? build stories around the racers. give that casual weeknite viewer a little human drama. develop some storylines that can carry
over from week to week (example: make a wish team is helping this little girl to realize her dream......HD pro stock team donating to b.r.a.k.e.s......what is brakes?).........so lets say this weeknite
develops into something folks are tuning into........what about sunday elims? my guess is it costs more to go live for finals than to do a tape delay and broadcast sunday evening?
aren't the tape delayed sunday evening broadcasts from a few years ago, whether espn or fox, the same or very similar ratings as the live elim. shows of late?.....keep the 3 or 4 'live' shows on
the fox network, that is priceless. if you can get better ratings for a tape delayed sunday evening show than airing it live in the afternoon, and the cost is less to produce, why not do it?
you (nhra) are practically admitting with a tuesday nite PS show that you feel there is an audience for not only tape delayed racing, but two day old tape delayed racing.
i hope you are right. i have always been a proponent of the tape delayed sunday evening shows........sidenote: streaming television is wonderful

It's 2019 and you still don't have HD yet? You're living in 2001 lol.
No. I'm living in 1999....I still have a flip phone and buy my music on CD.

I went through the list of channels my cable co. offers and I circled only about 9 or a dozen that I watch with any regularity...none are extra cost like HBO.
I have 5 tv's and only 2 get any daily use. The alternatives of Hulu and the others might work...but some don't offer PBS and can you hook your own personal DVR to any of them? I bought a Magnavox DVR years ago to replace my VCR so no rental fees there.

No. I'm living in 1999....I still have a flip phone and buy my music on CD.

I went through the list of channels my cable co. offers and I circled only about 9 or a dozen that I watch with any regularity...none are extra cost like HBO.
I have 5 tv's and only 2 get any daily use. The alternatives of Hulu and the others might work...but some don't offer PBS and can you hook your own personal DVR to any of them? I bought a Magnavox DVR years ago to replace my VCR so no rental fees there.
Lol,my roomate finally got rid of his flip phone, i thought he was the last one to have them ,guess not ha. Like living in little house on the praire days hahaha

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back