Torrance cheap shot (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Eugene, drag racing is much better with the Torrences in it.

I can also guarantee this, the big mouths in this thread would never in a million years have the balls to walk up to Torrence and call him "a little bastard" or "daddy's spoiled boy" to his face.

A great rule of thumb should be to never say on the internet what you wouldn't say in person, that way you don't look a petty coward and crybaby idiot. If you don't like him, fine. There are ways to communicate that without seeming like a petulant child.

I can also guarantee this, the big mouths in this thread would never in a million years have the balls to walk up to Torrence and call him "a little bastard" or "daddy's spoiled boy" to his face.

A great rule of thumb should be to never say on the internet what you wouldn't say in person, that way you don't look a petty coward and crybaby idiot. If you don't like him, fine. There are ways to communicate that without seeming like a petulant child.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM SPEAKING MY MIND FACE TO FACE..........MY WIFE DOES SAY I HAVE A BIG MOUTH..........BUT...I'M ITALIAN TOO.........

Some of these comments remind of comments made about Courtney Force and Tony Schumacher in his early days. I have heard Steve speak in the Champions Club in Dallas, at the NHRA Display in Vegas, have had a number of brief conversations with him at the track and see him at RFC every Sunday and have never seen him be anything but respectful and a good guy. I can understand how he may seem pretty intense/arrogant at times on TV but based on my interactions with him that appears to be his "cameras on" mode rather than who he really is. Tottally agree with Eugene's comments. Have not seen any negative comments in this thread from people who have actually had a bad personal experience with Steve.

TO BE CLEAR......STEVE IS OK.....LISTEN TO SOME OF HIS INTERVIEWS AND HE COMES ACROSS AS AN OKAY DUDE.........BUT....SOME OF HIS COMMENTS SEEM A LITTLE OFF....MAYBE IT'S JUST STIRING THE SHIT POT..........I DON'T KNOW AND I DON'T CARE..........I SAID MY PEACE.............NEXT........

Guilty as charged. However...

.....I've got the balls to say anything to just about anybody and I don't care for Torrence's attitude. Don't care for the fact that I once spoke to him, politely, at a national event and he just glared and walked off. Don't like the swipe at Salinas. But I don't have to like someone to respect them and I have a ton of respect for the man. Think Warren Johnson.

With that being said, my apologies for branding him with a name he doesn't deserve.

I think it was touched on here earlier in the thread but it always cracks me up how people will complain that drivers are too vanilla and dont show emotion however the second a driver gets animated and takes a jab at someone they are called out on it and called every name in the book. Same thing happened the last few years with Tanner Gray. Racing tends to be juicier when someone is wearing the black hat and can back it up on the race track, it adds to any race. Granted the biggest reason I will root for Torrence is because of Bobby Lagana being his crew chief and the incredible help he has given Scott Palmer the last few years but in the times I have talked to Steve he has always come across as a nice guy who can and will show his emotions on his sleeve. You guys also have to remember that this man survived cancer as a teenager and a heart attack a few years ago. I would imagine to survive and beat cancer and a heart attack it takes incredible mental toughness and I believe he takes that mental toughness on the racetrack and to be mentally tough sometimes you will have to say or act brash and it can rub people the wrong way.

I don't think I've seen anyone ride both sides of the fence. You are unfairly grouping everyone together.
Lots of opinions here and that's ok. It's just the unnecessary and classless the way some present that opinion. In the grand scheme of things none of this stuff matters at all! I don't know why some are so irate with a few words from a driver which may or may not be a work.

Last edited:
I started this thread. I never said I disliked him, I have pulled for him since he came into T/F. I just don't think he needed to make the remarks about Salinas.

After Steve made his comment, all I could think of was what business is it of his how Mike Salinas spends his money. His remark was totally out of line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back