Torrance cheap shot (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragracer

Nitro Member
After he won today in his interview he made a negative comment about Mike Salinas giving each of his crewmen a Harley bike and how all his people including himself had to go to work tomorrow. Salinas has numerous companies and his whole family works!!
I don't know if what he said was to try and stir things for a psychological advantage or this is the .real Steve.
Regardless, I think it was a CHEAP SHOT. You don't hear negative comments like that from other teams.

After he won today in his interview he made a negative comment about Mike Salinas giving each of his crewmen a Harley bike and how all his people including himself had to go to work tomorrow. Salinas has numerous companies and his whole family works!!
I don't know if what he said was to try and stir things for a psychological advantage or this is the .real Steve.
Regardless, I think it was a CHEAP SHOT. You don't hear negative comments like that from other teams.
Diffinitely a strange thing for him to say, but maybe there's more behind the scenes that none of us know about. It did come off as a jab though.

Maybe Steve considers Salinas a "hobbyist" being he owns/runs a big corporation.

before anyone flames me

it was SARCASM guys,

I've been a big fan of the Capco team, but the chip on the shoulder thing from Steve is getting a little old. It's not coming off as ultra competitive, it's coming off as being a douche. I have mad respect for the dude. Especially with what all he's been through in his young life. But that comment today definitely didn't seem necessary to me.

Both teams are self sponsored. There must be a back story. Salinas rewarding his crew substantially while others don't/can't? Who knows. Maybe ST wanted a bike.

Everyone needs to stop acting like little pussies! Grow a pair of balls and fight back. All this lovey dovey shit at the far end is nothing but bullshit. Say whats on your mind and who cares what others think. Need a lil spice like the old days. Lets see Salinas get in Steves face, then there will be something to talk about!

This is true!

Same obnoxious attitude as last year, witty and making unnecessary personal jabs when it’s going good and then not so much when he’s in his feelings.

Really? So racing has turned into pro wrestling and a contact sport? SMH...Winning with class and dignity and sportsmanship should count for something. I highly doubt Salinas did anything that awful to warrant those comments and even if he did you could take the high road and leave the backstory in the pits.

A while back we used to argue about cheating and nitrous. Recently we used to argue about who dove for who and team orders. Now it's about finish line confrontations and snide comments.

In the old days rivalries were about driving and car performance......

But what do I know, I was in a coma for four days......

Ive listened to it a couple times. No big deal just like I said previously. People need to stop being such little pussies, if you want him to stop talking then BEAT HIM!

Really? So racing has turned into pro wrestling and a contact sport? SMH...Winning with class and dignity and sportsmanship should count for something. I highly doubt Salinas did anything that awful to warrant those comments and even if he did you could take the high road and leave the backstory in the pits.
*** dude, are you for real? Do you know anything about how it used to be? There didnt used to be "evryone loves everyone bulls***" In the day, If Torrence or anyone else made a comment you didnt like. You did something about it. People need to change there tight jeans () and put on some real Levis and get back to being men. Stop being the whiney little bitches that complain about manners, how you talk and act. This aint ****** church, its a race track. Grow a pair or move on!

Last edited by a moderator:
torrence comes off as a jerk often, but for me, the sport needs a antagonist. my favorite driver in TF is who ever lines up in the other lane against him. for what its worth he (and his tuners) do indeed back up the trash talk and they walk the walk.

8888 dude, are you for real? Do you know anything about how it used to be? There didnt used to be "evryone loves everyone bulls***" In the day, If Torrence or anyone else made a comment you didnt like. You did something about it. People need to change there tight jeans () and put on some real Levis and get back to being men. Stop being the whiney little bitches that complain about manners, how you talk and act. This aint ******* church, its a race track. Grow a pair or move on!

You clearly do not understand the world we live in. This isn’t the wild west. There is not a driver out there that would last long acting as you seem to think they should. You continued negativity and anger paint you as a very unpleasant person.

Last edited:
I've been a big fan of the Capco team, but the chip on the shoulder thing from Steve is getting a little old. It's not coming off as ultra competitive, it's coming off as being a douche. I have mad respect for the dude. Especially with what all he's been through in his young life. But that comment today definitely didn't seem necessary to me.
Well he also was a Jerk to Leah at the top end interview, so his true colors are coming through. Have been a big fan of him and his team since they started, that ended today.

Rick

*** dude, are you for real? Do you know anything about how it used to be? There didnt used to be "evryone loves everyone bulls***" In the day, If Torrence or anyone else made a comment you didnt like. You did something about it. People need to change there tight jeans () and put on some real Levis and get back to being men. Stop being the whiney little bitches that complain about manners, how you talk and act. This aint ****** church, its a race track. Grow a pair or move on!
You’re coming off as a.bigger tool than Stevo, you should stick to what you’re good at like telling us what Electronics Company that’s going to sponsor Schumacher and take a chill pill...

I honestly think Steve is roughhousing with people he likes and respects .... including giving Leah a hard time last year. I don't think he lives in the PC world so many of us have to endure. He's just having fun and trying to spice things up. Keep in mind most of the time he says this stuff you are spending way too much time analyzing he's still processing a ton of adrenaline. If your favorite driver is the guy in the other lane, I truly think he's fine with that, he just wants people invested one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back