Toliver 4.89, CRASH (1 Viewer)

Can't put this one on the fans....:eek:

Yeah, I don't ever remember going to a race as fan and having a sawzall on the list of items to lug around all day at the track.

Why would someone from a Pro Stock team be suspected? What does a Pro Stock team want with a greenhouse and tree from a Funny Car?

Pardon me from being ignorant, but what is a "tree?" :confused:

The metalworks inside a F/C body used to mount it on the chassis correctly.. All custom made, usually out of titanium, that adjusts the way the body rides on the car- somewhat important to make the external aerodynamics work correctly (sets body rake and height)

Martin
Attach a pic, since I can't... (Don't know how :eek:) It's the tubing that you see mounted to the body that looks like a bunch of body support tubing, which is what it is... There is alot in the back where it mounts the body to the chassis, and holds up the rear deck area with those huge spoilers creating so much downforce... It is quite an art...
But it looks like a bunch of branch's, so It's called a tree...

Last edited:
Here ya go Sam and Ray... front bits (I'll look for some back end shots)

ToliverTnTMonday120.jpg

ToliverTnTMonday115.jpg

Last edited:
I know what a tree is boob-job... :(
Now your going to have to explain that the body pole is NOT the tree trunk... :rolleyes: :D
Can't you make anything simple?? :p

Last edited:
The "tree" is actually the triangular shaped part attatched to the back of the chassis behind the cockpit. What we call all of the underlying body support tubes are "spaghetti". bOb

I think you may have just educated a bunch of folks right there, Bob- you did me :cool:..Thanks

I think you may have just educated a bunch of folks right there, Bob- you did me..Thanks
Re-read my post bulb... :)
So I left the spaghetti word out... :rolleyes: This thing was a tangled mess of uncooked capellini as it was... :D You probably know it as fideo... Ask H or Me... :)

Re-read my post bulb... :)
So I left the spaghetti word out... This thing was a tangled mess of uncooked capellini as it was... You probably know it as fideo... Ask H or Me...

Re-read MY post, brush-boy..:D..
The metalworks inside a F/C body used to mount it on the chassis correctly.. All custom made, usually out of titanium, that adjusts the way the body rides on the car- somewhat important to make the external aerodynamics work correctly (sets body rake and height)

The pictures were all I had available- I did mention that I didn't have any of the rear (what Bob so graciously defined to us as the point of the subject), but neither of us were too far off... Don't you have a few coats to be paying attention to, Senior No-Drip? :)

And H is a non-entity.. Moscow is moving into the lead...:eek:

My bad... :eek:
And I just checked my junior drip on the roof, otherwise known as the top... :rolleyes: And it is still wet, and the temp is high... :mad: AND I'M OUTTA PAINT!! until tomorrow now... :eek: I have 50 cans with a little left in each... I know I can make a huge mess with those, and set myself back another 2 weeks... Yep, that's what I'm gonna do... C-YA

I have 50 cans with a little left in each... I know I can make a huge mess with those, and set myself back another 2 weeks... Yep, that's what I'm gonna do... C-YA

NO, NO, NO!!!!! There's a bottle of Patron calling you Ray!! No more painting until tomorrow- you'll be kicking your own a$$ if you even attempt to make 50 spit-cans work!!

NO, NO, NO!!!!! There's a bottle of Patron calling you Ray!! No more painting until tomorrow- you'll be kicking your own a$$ if you even attempt to make 50 spit-cans work!!
Appearantly, ALCOHOL is no longer available in this house... :( Sis hid every bottle and I don't have time to go looking through all those clothes in THAT closet... :rolleyes: The Porsche keys are gone and I'm out of stuff to sand... :)

I hear ya loud and clearcoat about the spitters...
Your voice has been echoing in my head all morning... :D

3200 posts, and I'm retiring for the day...
Mouthwash will give me a buzz... Won't it??

Gotta Go-

Appearantly, ALCOHOL is no longer available in this house... :( Sis hid every bottle and I don't have time to go looking through all those clothes in THAT closet... :rolleyes: The Porsche keys are gone and I'm out of stuff to sand... :)

I hear ya loud and clearcoat about the spitters...
Your voice has been echoing in my head all morning... :D

3200 posts, and I'm retiring for the day...
Mouthwash will give me a buzz... Won't it??

Gotta Go-
Hey Ray, I got some funny lookin weeds growing in the shelterbelt--They're about 7 feet tall and have somethin like 7 long skinny leaves, think they might help you out with the buzz?

Hey Ray, I got some funny lookin weeds growing in the shelterbelt--They're about 7 feet tall and have somethin like 7 long skinny leaves, think they might help you out with the buzz?
Those are called sunflowers T, and I eat a bag of them there seeds a day... :) Paint buzz, trumps plant buzz, tops beer buzz... :eek: Look for it on ESPN2 this fall... PPB following the RPS championships... I'm WAY past them days, ;) Top Fuel Funny Car's the drug for me... :D

Smacking your finger with a body hammer gives you a hell of a buzz also...

Last edited:
Those are called sunflowers T, and I eat a bag of them there seeds a day... :) Paint buzz, trumps plant buzz, tops beer buzz... :eek: Look for it on ESPN2 this fall... PPB following the RPS championships... I'm WAY past them days, ;) Top Fuel Funny Car's the drug for me... :D

Smacking your finger with a body hammer gives you a hell of a buzz also...
Ahhh, Sunflowers, huh? Cool! What time is your flight coming in to Omaha? I'll meet you there!

Ahhh, Sunflowers, huh? Cool! What time is your flight coming in to Omaha? I'll meet you there!
I'm sure Omaha has a fine correctional facility, were you will not be finding me anytime soon... ;) Now Lincoln, NE. with that huge walled up turn of the century looking "thing" in the middle of a residential neighborhood, has had me very intrigued since I saw that... I REALLY want to know more about the who's, what, when, and why's of that place... :D Trippy

How many leaves on an ear of corn?? :D

Gotta go- Found some untapped sanding area...
Paint by 3PM and back at it... :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back