Thank You for Attending... (1 Viewer)

As for making nhra out to be a joke? Hardley, I do more to promote nhra drag racing on a daily bassis that anyone involved in this thread has done in they entire life.

You have No idea who you are talking to, do you?

My point is people who make NHRA out to be some Big agency out to ruin the lives of the racers or fans is just BS.

I admit I didn't know who you were, so I did some google searching. Interesting article from 1976 about you leaving the NHRA for the PRO series. I don't think you did much to promote them back then did you? "And I'm not going to burn my car down trying to break even while someone (NHRA) is getting rich at the racers expense."

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...dsvAAAAIBAJ&sjid=v_oDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5876,2787444

It's cool that you were a champion in 1972, but your current condescending tone and arrogant attitude doesn't seem to do much to support the NHRA.

Also back to the thread topic, it doesn't make much sense about that announcement for the fans when you have teams like DSR and JFR posting pictures and real time updates on twitter. They show staging lane, starting line, and scoreboard pictures. How is it okay to post them in real time, but fans are discouraged from doing the same? Is it because they own the car they are posting so it's supposed to be okay?

I admit I didn't know who you were, so I did some google searching. Interesting article from 1976 about you leaving the NHRA for the PRO series. I don't think you did much to promote them back then did you? "And I'm not going to burn my car down trying to break even while someone (NHRA) is getting rich at the racers expense."

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...dsvAAAAIBAJ&sjid=v_oDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5876,2787444

It's cool that you were a champion in 1972, but your current condescending tone and arrogant attitude doesn't seem to do much to support the NHRA.

Also back to the thread topic, it doesn't make much sense about that announcement for the fans when you have teams like DSR and JFR posting pictures and real time updates on twitter. They show staging lane, starting line, and scoreboard pictures. How is it okay to post them in real time, but fans are discouraged from doing the same? Is it because they own the car they are posting so it's supposed to be okay?

BIG race fan didn't know the NHRA champ of 1972 died 33 years ago in a car accident. but does come onto nitromater google him and insult him......................idiot.

I am the one supporting NHRA , you are a troll.

BIG race fan didn't know the NHRA champ of 1972 died 33 years ago in a car accident. but does come onto nitromater google him and insult him......................idiot.

I am the one supporting NHRA , you are a troll.
Like I said in an earlyer post you people have No idea who you are talking to.
And yes I do more to promote NHRA than even NHRA at times.

As for the younger set , I guess you never heard of Facebook Instagram, or Twitter, that is where NHRA is reaching the younger crowd because that is where they are.
I promote the sport through the shows and races I am invoved in and the race teams I am involved in, and the buisness I own and opperate, but if you knew who you were talking to you would already know that.

Larry, I'm sure you're a nice person and you show you desire to promote Drag Racing with Shirley Mulroney T/F dragster and your Super Comp / Top Dragster entries. But For some reason
you seem to be mad or dislike everybody on mater. You seem to have issue's on other threads as well.
You're a smart person and know what's going on in Drag Racing, get some help life's to short as it is.

Long time listener, seldom a poster.....

I certainly don't think Larry needs my help defending himself. Don't know the man, never heard or him or his dad. But, I agree with him. Its more about the constant BS on this forum about what NHRA is doing wrong today.

A word to the wise, you can't fix this type of problem (whatever you think it is) preaching to the choir who all ready agree with you. If you want to change/promote/help the NHRA grow and thrive, quit complaining here and show your support and ideas by your actions.

I too yearn for the old days of the mater, when the discussion was about racing, cars, and the people, not a thread of the day about how the NHRA can't do whatever right.

Seen some pretty good suggestions here from paying Association members and race fans about how NHRA/IHRA/etc. can get better, and one or two EXCELLENT ideas as well over the years. It would be unthinkable to believe that the sanctioning bodies don't lurk here.

Yet, even when there is a majority of agreement of something that would make the experience of being a spectator at an event a better thing goes unheeded, you have to wonder- does anyone over there even give a damn? It's hard to support something that has no interest in listening to your concerns about what's wrong...

It is a fact that there are more car guys on the member roles over here than there are on the masthead at NHRA- and a few people here that are skilled at their industries of technology, marketing and engineering. I would qualify those people as being worth a listen to when determining the future of the sport, even if the credit for the idea only goes to those in the main offices.
Some here may actually know how to make this sport better- that's what makes coming here to 'Mater interesting.

Last edited:
Long time listener, seldom a poster.....

I certainly don't think Larry needs my help defending himself. Don't know the man, never heard or him or his dad. But, I agree with him. Its more about the constant BS on this forum about what NHRA is doing wrong today.

A word to the wise, you can't fix this type of problem (whatever you think it is) preaching to the choir who all ready agree with you. If you want to change/promote/help the NHRA grow and thrive, quit complaining here and show your support and ideas by your actions.

I too yearn for the old days of the mater, when the discussion was about racing, cars, and the people, not a thread of the day about how the NHRA can't do whatever right.
My father would kick you're ass if He were still here.

Age appropriate.....!

My father would kick you're ass if He were still here.

As I said in an earlier post which by the way was a quote from my then 8 year old son..."My dad can whip your dad and my big brother can whip everybody". A sure sign of maturity.

Larry, although I only encountered your dad a few times back in the day I have no memory of him being a jerk and wanting to get in everyone's face. Your not doing his memory any favors.

I guess since I don't have a dog in ths fight I should just bow out and leave it alone.

It is worse if you have media accreditation. I was made to sign something stating I would only use my images in my nominated media outlet and not share any photos I took while in my role as official media. I am all about promoting the sport and found this quite strange. ANDRA and the tracks here 'down under' encourage us media to spread the word. It just don't make sense.

Seen some pretty good suggestions here from paying Association members and race fans about how NHRA/IHRA/etc. can get better, and one or two EXCELLENT ideas as well over the years. It would be unthinkable to believe that the sanctioning bodies don't lurk here.

Yet, even when there is a majority of agreement of something that would make the experience of being a spectator at an event a better thing goes unheeded, you have to wonder- does anyone over there even give a damn? It's hard to support something that has no interest in listening to your concerns about what's wrong...

It is a fact that there are more car guys on the member roles over here than there are on the masthead at NHRA- and a few people here that are skilled at their industries of technology, marketing and engineering. I would qualify those people as being worth a listen to when determining the future of the sport, even if the credit for the idea only goes to those in the main offices.
Some here may actually know how to make this sport better- that's what makes coming here to 'Mater interesting.

Members of IHRA do lurk here as an FYI as well as other places around the net... They also have been encouraging alot of social media activity lately... It was very noticable on the facebook page during the last Nitro Jam with exactly what was suggested, selfies and the such...

I love watching a bit of geographic sparring ... like so many things the impartial truth is likely in some mid point.

Regardless of size, too many see this a some depiction of caesar fiddling as rome burns.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back