TF/FC/TAD/TAFC entry lists for Indy (1 Viewer)

Hopefully Comp fills up. Yes in years past, it was a fight to get into a 64 car field. Last year, I think around 62 cars showed, still a great show. Just a sign of the economy, plain & simple. Last year was a pleasant surprise that Jirka Kaplan showed with his blown altered, and won! Here's some Comp trivia that I thought of: I was there in '71 with my dad running A/A. Tom Trisch won Comp in his AA/A. 10 years later, he won again, in '81 with another AA/A. I'm pretty sure Santo Volpe won in 2001 with a AA/A '63 Vette, and last year, 2011, Kaplan won with his AA/AM '23T. So, other than '91, it seems like every 10 years a blown altered wins Comp. Does anyone here believe I spend too much time thinking about drag racing? :D

Hopefully Comp fills up. Yes in years past, it was a fight to get into a 64 car field. Last year, I think around 62 cars showed, still a great show. Just a sign of the economy, plain & simple. Last year was a pleasant surprise that Jirka Kaplan showed with his blown altered, and won! Here's some Comp trivia that I thought of: I was there in '71 with my dad running A/A. Tom Trisch won Comp in his AA/A. 10 years later, he won again, in '81 with another AA/A. I'm pretty sure Santo Volpe won in 2001 with a AA/A '63 Vette, and last year, 2011, Kaplan won with his AA/AM '23T. So, other than '91, it seems like every 10 years a blown altered wins Comp. Does anyone here believe I spend too much time thinking about drag racing? :D

Wow...I had no idea Jirka had won! It's Rare when you see 6 sec. Cars win in Cpmp! They just aren't that consistent MOST of the time!

Joe that car is badass!!! And you're right, not the easy way to go in Comp. He was running 6.30s, and I know last year he ran in the 5's at a points meet.

Boy talk about speaking to soon....Other than Comp Elim, Alky FC and Dragster have stout fields! This U.S. Natl's. Is gonna Rock!!!!!

Top Fuel looks great, 26 entries so far. Tommie Johnson Jr and JR Todd coming back. The Sunday final qualifying will be worth the price of admission alone.

Funny Car only has 18 so far. We need to get Daniel Wilkerson, Dale Creasy Jr. and Justin Schriefer entered since they're teams are based in the midwest (as far as I know). I'd love to see Densham run at Indy again, but hopefully we can maybe get up to 22 or so.

TAD has 25 and I expect the final tally to exceed the quota. I really hope both Demke and Whiteley come to reprise their final from last weekend. Since I'm a big blown car fan, it would also be great to see Kosky and Ken Perry enter. Both those guys can run in the 30s and perhaps even the 20s if conditions are right.

TAFC has 21. Where is Manzo? If we can get Frank and Annie Whiteley, and perhaps some Div. 3 talent like Andy Bohl, the division may get it's quota of 26. There are a few strong west coast cars entered which will help the field.

What do y'all think? Any insight on other possible entries in either the fuel or alcohol classes?

Frank Manzo is there to make 24 TAFC and Ken Perry makes 25 for TAD! Too bad Jim Whitely and Chris Demke are sitting this one out!

Top Fuel looks great, 26 entries so far. Tommie Johnson Jr and JR Todd coming back. The Sunday final qualifying will be worth the price of admission alone.

Funny Car only has 18 so far. We need to get Daniel Wilkerson, Dale Creasy Jr. and Justin Schriefer entered since they're teams are based in the midwest (as far as I know). I'd love to see Densham run at Indy again, but hopefully we can maybe get up to 22 or so.

TAD has 25 and I expect the final tally to exceed the quota. I really hope both Demke and Whiteley come to reprise their final from last weekend. Since I'm a big blown car fan, it would also be great to see Kosky and Ken Perry enter. Both those guys can run in the 30s and perhaps even the 20s if conditions are right.

TAFC has 21. Where is Manzo? If we can get Frank and Annie Whiteley, and perhaps some Div. 3 talent like Andy Bohl, the division may get it's quota of 26. There are a few strong west coast cars entered which will help the field.

What do y'all think? Any insight on other possible entries in either the fuel or alcohol classes?

Woew...what a difference 2 weeks makes! They now have 26 TAFC's! Manzo, Andy Bohl, Brian Hough! Every hitter in the class!:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back