team orders in Kallita camp?? (1 Viewer)

does anyone remeber the fist dive? im a w.j fan so dont get me wrong here, but they started it all, remember k.j hitting the brakes for dad, and the sign in the window, "at least i still have a job". its a buisness too we all have to remeber, if the championship is on the line and its the last event a teams gotta do what a teams gotta do. but so far NO team orders from shoe, kalitta or kb racing this year !

The first dive? Probably happened not long after the first drag race. Where do you think the term, "Taking one for the team" came from - and it's older than KJ, by the way. ;) ;)

stop

Now just for arguments sake, take this hypothetical situation:
Tony Schumacher passes Doug in the points by Pomona and its a 2 horse race. BB loses 1st round and is 3rd in points. Tony gets knocked out in the semifinals but leads Doug by 10 points. Doug is in the other semifinal against Hillary Will and needs the round win to overtake Tony and win the championship, does the Kalitta camp throw the race so Doug can win the championship? (I wish this would happen some time and see what happens!)
Unusual as it may seem, with the points battle being so close and the multi car teams doing as well as they have been, this is a very real possibility to see at Pomona and even at Vegas.

I have no idea how it could be masked in such a way as to insure the victory without making it look obvious since the fans are way to intelligent to be taken in ways that have been tried in the past. Since any of the front-running cars out there could beat any others on a given pass, I believe the possibility of seeing a genuine dive in the next two races is very real.

I can say that I wouldn't have any problem rewarding one of my cars with a free pass after hanging in there for the entire season with the best of the best knowing the only way they could win is by my car losing against another car of mine that wasn't a contender. I'd shut it off at the starting line and give my points leader his glory. I'd never try to deceive the fans however! That ruins credibility.

Now, Force's camp is a different story. If it boils down to two JFR cars, I'd bet the farm they'll race heads-up rather than give orders. If it boils down to one JFR car needing the pass to surpass Capps who is already out-but due to win if it loses against another team car, I shut it off again after staging. That's just me however. There are probably lots of others who would rather lose the championship than taint it with a dive.
I'd gladly give one up for the team member who hung around the top all year close enough to win.

The first dive? Probably happened not long after the first drag race. Where do you think the term, "Taking one for the team" came from - and it's older than KJ, by the way. ;) ;)

Larry the first time I heard of "Taking One For the Team" was when I was a kid (1950's) at Ebbots Field in Brooklyn... The Dodgers had the bases loaded, and the pitch was "Inside" I personally think the batter could have leaned back.. but he just turned his back toward the pitch & got hit by the ball scoring the winning run.. (it was the 9th inning) People were saying he "Took One for THE TEAM" :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back