team orders in Kallita camp?? (1 Viewer)

Doug in the woods

Nitro Member
a .089 rt vers a .139 when Dougie K vers ZZHillary Will
a simple clutch adjustment could have caused such a slow light for sure.
Just wonder what reaction adverage Hillary has??
something fishy or just being parnoid?

Oh for crap sake.... not this again. Someone please tell me the justification - and how it could be accomplished - that car owner Ken Black Sr. would tell his driver to keel over to another car owner and crew?? That'd be like Connie Kalitta going over to Forrest Lucas & asking him to tell Morgan to let Dougie win!!!! WTF? case closed.

If Doug Kalitta wins - Hillary Will gets absolutley no benefit!

The only orders coming out of Yipsilanti, Michigan are for Doug & his guys to go out each race, compete as best they can, use thier resources wisely... and bring home the friggin' NHRA Top Fuel Championship!!!!!

.... then again, that's the case with every race team out there, isn't it?

I agree.... Hillary has never been great on the tree... I do know she has had 1 or 2 "GREAT" lights.. but it was a guess... the BEST in reaction times in TF or FC are around .060 .070 anything better is a guess....

Remember TF you don't "pop the clutch" its a centrifical clutch... sort of...

I got these from dragracecentral.com

Hillary Will's incremental times: 60ft-0.853 sec., 330ft-2.151, 660ft-3.083/269.94mph

From looking at those incrementals, I would say the clutch was adjusted just fine.

This is a non issue. Look at the average RT's for the year and you will see nothing is out of line. No way would you be running that quick and fast if you were taking a dive.

only a $humacher fan would say there was team orders, give me a damn break! it was a 59 to a 58! no matter hillarys light, any type of tire spin by doug and he would have been toast. just like the capps race last event when they raced straight up so did team kalitta. straight up racing period!

I really like Hilary, but overall, her RT was in her 'normal' range... and for Doug, that was a bad light too... at half track, that was one heck of a drag race.

Hillary and her team did a great job getting down that tricky right lane. If you look at the results from Sunday eliminations that 4.599 pass was the quickest time of eliminations out of the right lane. Hillary's light may have not of been the greatest but she did a great drivng job on that pass at the top end.

Oh by the way..that's a hell of a 1st post!!!

Welcome to the Mater...prolly.

I was just curious IF a scuba outfit was used??

Its getting to the end of the season and every point is needed this year with 3 close runners so diving would not be outta the question IMO
This is my first post on the new site. visit each day.
Sorry If I shook up or should I say woke up several people.
now on to Vegas where the Bud camp has done very well since it opened.
this could get even more serious.
question could the new point systen be a deterent to "team orders"?

Its getting to the end of the season and every point is needed this year with 3 close runners so diving would not be outta the question IMO
This is my first post on the new site. visit each day.
Sorry If I shook up or should I say woke up several people.
now on to Vegas where the Bud camp has done very well since it opened.
this could get even more serious.
question could the new point systen be a deterent to "team orders"?

not at all the new points system will actually encourage and will result in more teams orders

So..... Ken Black would instruct Jim-O to detune the car and tell Hillary she's going to lose on purpose?? LOL My gosh people - this is so dumb!!!

Doug,
Welcome to the Mater! Unusual way to start off, but interesting nonetheless.
For the record, when a Kalitta car takes a dive, you'll not see a great race. You'll see two cars stage and one shut it off! There's no reason to sugar coat the results or deceive the fans.
Other teams have been known to stick the diver in a bad lane on a one lane race track in an effort to deceive the viewing public but since it nearly cost them a Giant Sponsor in the process, I suspect that they will resort to a different tactic next time they decide to get wet?

there was obviously no dive here. She made it down a tricky lane when many cars couldn't.

Setting the cluth soft, get real. Dougie blowing a belt would have cost them a win then. They raced heads up which so far it apprears all the teams are doing that.

Yeah, what needs to be kept in mind here is that Ken Black owns the car as well as Connie, so is Ken going to go all in on a dive? I think not.

That was no dive plain and simple! You would have to be a complete idiot to think it was!

Now just for arguments sake, take this hypothetical situation:
Tony Schumacher passes Doug in the points by Pomona and its a 2 horse race. BB loses 1st round and is 3rd in points. Tony gets knocked out in the semifinals but leads Doug by 10 points. Doug is in the other semifinal against Hillary Will and needs the round win to overtake Tony and win the championship, does the Kalitta camp throw the race so Doug can win the championship? (I wish this would happen some time and see what happens!)

I know what I would do if I were team owner, hell yeah I would throw the race, BUT I wouldn't go saying we race heads up all the time UNTIL it is absolutely necessary to dive and then change my tune.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back