team orders in Kallita camp?? (1 Viewer)

That was NOT a dive. If you call a .59 to a .58 a "dive" there is something wrong there.

However, one must know something as well. Hillary is not in the top 10. Right now, Doug is #1. Are you guys really positive that Connie wouldn't go over to Ken Black and ask that his driver take one for the team, knowing the other driver is not in a points chase at this point?

In one of Scott's championship years weren't he and Connie scheduled to meet in eliminations and Connie didn't front for the reason that he didn't want to run the risk of anything going wrong and him beating Scott, harming his championship hopes?

Or is my memory playing up... :D

I believe in the past Connie has said he had no problem having his team take dive for each other, thats why they have teams. I'm not a fan of it but as long a) they're honest about it and b) my team still wins then I can live with it

Geeze you guys - some of y'all have struck a nerve on me!!! This argument will go on and on and on. So I will save face here and shut up. Some of you have your opinions - and that's fine - the beauty of America - freedom of belief.
But anyone who TRULY PERSONALLY knows Connie, Ken, all thier drivers, the crew chiefs and everyone in the organizations... LIKE ME and some others here REALLY DO.... you know damn well this wouldn't happen.

Thanks for reading.

Yea, they were very out front about it too.... believe they idled down the track. and I believe if someone in Conrad's camp was to take a dive, like was said before, the diving car would be shut off with a 'leak' or just not make the call.

I trully believe that if by Pomona, the FC race this year boils down to Papa John and Robert, they are going to go for it tooth and nail... :)

To me diving is only an issue if there are team cars with different sponsors involved.

Each sponsor pays to win.

.....Are you guys really positive that Connie wouldn't go over to Ken Black and ask that his driver take one for the team, knowing the other driver is not in a points chase at this point?

you're damn rite that's an option, why wouldn't it be?
just so happens that apparently did not take place last sunday.

Yea, they were very out front about it too.... believe they idled down the track. and I believe if someone in Conrad's camp was to take a dive, like was said before, the diving car would be shut off with a 'leak' or just not make the call.

My memory (I believe it was in '95). Connie shut off before staging, and it was Scott who idled down for the first-round win after breaking a throttle cable on the hit. I believe it was at the then fall Topeka race.

Didn't that fiasco almost cost Shoe the Oakley sponsorship? :confused:
Yep, it happened at the one-lane Nationals in Seattle (`03?). I couldn`t believe what I was seeing when it occured, everyone seated around us was like "wtf is Scelzi in the left lane for?".

My memory (I believe it was in '95). Connie shut off before staging, and it was Scott who idled down for the first-round win after breaking a throttle cable on the hit. I believe it was at the then fall Topeka race.

Steve, I was refering to what happened at Budds Creek a couple of weeks ago in post twenty six...

Im not saying that "diving" is or isnt happening anymore, I just think that if it is happening, teams learned from the Scelzi/Bazemore incident to "conceal" it a little bit better, but come on ,did anyone here actually think Will was going to beat Doug?;) If so, let us know what your "smokin"

my opinion is opposite

I was HOPING for team orders. I thought it would be STUPID if they didn't. I want Mr. Muldowney to win a championship! Thank goodness they won anyway.

LOL
Does anyone here actually believe that Girlpower Crew Chief Jim Oberhofer would go along with this? (and keep in mind he's one of about 2 people who've screamed at Connie Kalitta almost coming to blows in the past.... and lives to tell about it!)
I know for a fact Jim's answer would be something like..."go ------- yourself"!

LOL
Does anyone here actually believe that Girlpower Crew Chief Jim Oberhofer would go along with this? (and keep in mind he's one of about 2 people who've screamed at Connie Kalitta almost coming to blows in the past.... and lives to tell about it!)
I know for a fact Jim's answer would be something like..."go ------- yourself"!

I really doubt he would have much say in it. I would go with who signs his paycheck and who's company is on the side of the car. You have to look out for the good of the TEAM, not one single car, but when it comes time to advance a contender(Doug) at the expense of a non contending teammate(Hillary), you do what needs to be done, period!
Go back and read my post near the bottom of page 2 and answer it for me.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back