Pro Stock News (1 Viewer)

I stopped racing boats in 81. That summer it seemed like if you raced on Sunday, you had to attend a funeral on Thursday.

A few years back, I sold an RV to a "friend of a friend" drag boat racer. I've told the story of him leaving in the rig hundreds of times .... those guys are crazy.

My view is that the Elite guys are in this to not lose money (I won't go as far saying to make lots of money). The business has a reasonable amount of fixed overhead, they seem to be seeing to opportunity to become more stable by increasing volume. Basic business 101. Sorta funny that someone would think that increasing volume above 1 would make you think you needed to win the lotto.

I haven't been involed nitro drag boat racing in a long time but back in the day it wasn't if you wrecked, it was WHEN you wrecked. If you survived and many/most didn't then you worried about what was left and how to retreive it.

I saw an article on Drag Racing online that says Ken Black is done ,Jason has no ride , Elite with 4 cars, GA possibly teaming up with Gray . I'm just relaying what I read. Does anyone have any info on this ???

One time I heard Gray was going to pull of Pro Stock. I doubt since is very rich. A lot Rumors already the start of the silly season

I don't think the decision to stay or not is financial for the Grays. We'll all just have to see how this plays out.

Seems if Jason is out he would be a perfect fit at Elite with his dyno skills and driving skills which have been a little off lately

If any of this is true, and I hope it's not. I hope Ken Black or the Johnson's don't bow out without some kind of 'farewell' tour after all they've done for the sport.

One time I heard Gray was going to pull of Pro Stock. I doubt since is very rich. A lot Rumors already the start of the silly season
Johnny Gray made it clear that they are not getting out of Pro Stock racing, both of his sons just decided that they just want to quit driving for family reasons.

eDid you also note that little blurb in there about "Perfesser and son" are flogging one of the new EFI unts on the dyno??? :)

WOuld anyone happen to know if he has a new Camaro roller sitting, covered up, in his shop perhaps?

eDid you also note that little blurb in there about "Perfesser and son" are flogging one of the new EFI unts on the dyno??? :)

WOuld anyone happen to know if he has a new Camaro roller sitting, covered up, in his shop perhaps?

He has been leasing motors to some part time Pro Stockers all year, as well as some guys in Comp. I don't think we'll see WJ/KJ in a car at Pomona 1, but I would not be surprised to see one of their EFI motors under the hood of a competitor or two.

What do you think? Just a Gray engine supply company or Gray Motorsports with new drivers?
Grays Motorsports is supposed to run one of their own cars as well, didn't say who is to drive. I'm sure that If Fireaid returns, so will Morgan as a team car.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back