Prayers Please for Angie Smith (1 Viewer)

Why would they need to keep her bike for 6 weeks to determine what caused the front brake to lock up, Ken? I assume PSM's use carbon fiber brakes and everybody and their dog knows what can happen if applied too harshly. So what am I missing?
when did they say 6 weeks?

"Participant hereby grants NHRA, its member tracks, and each
of their agents and assigns, full and unconditional permission
to collect and retain vehicles, parts of vehicles, equipment,
data (including performance related), or any other items used
in conjunction with participation that are owned by or in the
possession of participant or present at an event (collectively
“Items”), including such Items that may be relevant incident to
the investigation of an incident; the inspection or testing of such
Items; or for any other purpose. NHRA may exercise this right
to take and retain Items at any time when NHRA determines in
its sole and absolute discretion that such actions are necessary.
Participant fully releases NHRA from any liability whatsoever for
loss of, damage to, or destruction of any such items. When an
Item is suspected of being out of compliance with an NHRA rule,
or when an Item has been involved in an incident, NHRA may in
its sole and absolute discretion collect and retain such Items if
NHRA believes it necessary to do so to further investigate, make
a final determination, and/or preserve evidence, all in NHRA’s
sole and absolute discretion. At any time that NHRA collects and
retains Items, NHRA will try to safeguard such Items and return
such Items when NHRA has completed its work with them, but
NHRA makes no representations or warranties that the Items
will not be lost, damaged, destructively tested, destroyed or
otherwise affected. However, notwithstanding the foregoing
sentence, if NHRA believes that an Item should be retained or
destroyed, or indefinitely or permanently retained, to prevent
further use of such item in competition, NHRA may so retain or
destroy such Item. The rights granted to NHRA in this subsection
shall also apply to any NHRA member track if deemed necessary
by the member track officials."

This is from the NHRA rulebook, section 1 pages 17 & 18. I think it's silly they don't have a time limit on keeping the bike, but I unfortunately don't make the rules😂
Geez, they can kind of do whatever they want, lol.

I'm a little confused about something. While watching the race last night, they showed the accident and Brian Lohnes said the bike stopped against the wall and was still idling. I thought those bikes had kill switches tethered to the rider that would turn off the engine if a rider took a spill.
I'm still waiting for an answer!

My take.
If the pin is not pulled out of the receiver, say the elastic plastic cord ripped away. It would run until it ran out of fuel.

Sea-Doo's are the same way.
I have not seen the accident yet btw.

My 2cents
I understand your explaination, but you would think they (NHRA) would make this a fail proof safety requirement, like maybe a metal cable instead of a elastic plastic cord.
When I bass fished tournaments that's what was required, a plastic coated steel cable and you had to proove it worked before you put your boat in water.

I understand your explaination, but you would think they (NHRA) would make this a fail proof safety requirement, like maybe a metal cable instead of a elastic plastic cord.
When I bass fished tournaments that's what was required, a plastic coated steel cable and you had to proove it worked before you put your boat in water.
My money is on you Jimi.
That plastic is just a coating.
I have no answer.

The plastic type cable is used on snow mobiles, jet ski's, and others. would you like to be tied to any type on moving vehicle including a 200 mph motorcycle. with a cable hooked to you arm. if it doesn't brake free for some reason when it should good luck. Maybe a GO PRO viewing the driver and when the driver is gone the motor stops. LOL 🤣
Larry Sutton---Lions starter🤠
PS; The BIKE is the last thing that matters in this case,

My take.
If the pin is not pulled out of the receiver, say the elastic plastic cord ripped away. It would run until it ran out of fuel.

Sea-Doo's are the same way.
I have not seen the accident yet btw.

My 2cents
looking at the video I think you are correct in your theory

The plastic type cable is used on snow mobiles, jet ski's, and others. would you like to be tied to any type on moving vehicle including a 200 mph motorcycle. with a cable hooked to you arm. if it doesn't brake free for some reason when it should good luck. Maybe a GO PRO viewing the driver and when the driver is gone the motor stops. LOL 🤣
Larry Sutton---Lions starter🤠
PS; The BIKE is the last thing that matters in this case,
I agree with your theory about being tied to a moving vehicle. How about a sensor on the seat, so when a rider is off the seat for a certain amount of time, the bike dies.
Your right, the bike itself is not the main reason for this thread, us armchair crew chiefs justy want to know.

Last edited:
I agree with your theory about being tied to a moving vehicle. How about a sensor on the seat, so when a rider is off the seat for a certain amount of time, the bike dies.
Your right, the bike itself is not the main reason for this thread, us armchair crew chiefs justy want to know.
Oh I hate those sensors on my John Deere tractor and the airbag sensor in the passenger seat of my car when you have a bag of tools on it. Too sensitive.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back