Possible Dixon / Snake split? (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
Saw the rumor on the other board about this possibility and I for one sure hope all it is, is conjecture. Granted all the monday crew chiefs went into high gear with thoughts as to who would drive Alan's new cars. While the thought did pass my mind during watching the Nationals that Larry, who many feel is one of the best if not the best and most consistent TF pilot out there, that it would be an intriguing possibility. Also the fact that DP has often lamented the high cost of racing and problem, not his alone, of attracting sponsors. Plus the fact DP has been racing for how long? - going on 50 plus years you wonder how much longer even though he does profess a love for the sport and competition he will continue.
On the other hand LD has often stated his own desire to own and run his own team, wether he "inherits" DP's or starts his own, one has to think that the current rumor is just that.
Other current drivers that might be a good fit - Cory, Antron and Hot Rod.
My hope and feeling is that LD with his professed loyalty status with his current team stays with DP for the long run!

I'd hate to see Larry and the Snake split but, there's an awfully good chance UST will be acquired by Altria Group (Phillip Morris, USA) in the coming weeks.
While PM sells Marlboro's in the US (so, understands the value of motorsports marketing) who knows if they will continue with Drag Racing.
Hopefully, Snake can line up some other premium marketing partners. Could SAB/Miller be back if In-Bev/Anheuser sticks with KBR? Hey, maybe Stella Artois will step-up and sponsor Melanie? :eek:Fingers crossed!

with rumors of US tabacky leaving there may not be a snake ride for Dixon to have next year.

I hope we get a quick influx of sponsors with money. We have too many teams on the sponsorship cliff edge

Yeah, like when he reported the deal between JR and Bernstein.

Maybe they should all go back to reporting facts once they happen and not before. What a concept.

Im not sure what to think? One website says us tobacco is on for 2 more years. If thats so id think Dixon would stay on with DP? Then DP would retire,if not and its gone at the end of this year then I could see Dixon going with AJ? and myabe Dp would say well the hell with it im retiring for good? Just my .02

Yeah, like when he reported the deal between JR and Bernstein.

Maybe they should all go back to reporting facts once they happen and not before. What a concept.

Come on, Bill. You're spoiling a lot of perfectly legitimate rumors.

I spoke to one of Alan Johnson's employees today. It's interesting how Alan will probably find out who the new drivers will be for his funny car and TF right here on the Nitromater.
:D

I spoke to one of Alan Johnson's employees today. It's interesting how Alan will probably find out who the new drivers will be for his funny car and TF right here on the Nitromater.

You didn't know we have a deal with Alan to be the first to the Press with this News?:rolleyes:

Yup.... He'll find his Top Fuel Driver RIGHT HERE!!! No need to search any longer... Put me in coach....I'm ready to play!;)

with rumors of US tabacky leaving there may not be a snake ride for Dixon to have next year.

I hope we get a quick influx of sponsors with money. We have too many teams on the sponsorship cliff edge

Don't hold your breath PJ!
We have had ups and downs in our economy before but this is the worse I have seen it in a long time!
Home values have dropped 20% just 10% less than when the depression hit and it's projected to increase maybe even pass 30%.
1/3 of all the morgages in this country are behind in their payments and the government is going to take over Fannie May and Freddie Mac to try and prevent a total meltdown which would throw us into a serious depression.

Prince Timmah(formerly known as #) to the rescue

That post is so true, it was posted twice folks!!! Somebody knows something here!!!

Oh and as for Dixon/Snake Split.... I would bet the farm that the possiblity of that happening is about the same as the Oakland Raiders winning the superbowl! (that is LD's team btw... Sad to say!) That team meaning SNAKE RACING is WAY TO MARKETABLE to split up! Look at the previous races, Kurt Busch, (a friend of Snake), Michael Andretti (friend of Snake), being guest of the SNAKE at NHRA races. That team has many possibilities.

After reading what was said on comp plus it doesnt even sound like a rumour , it just sounds like someone throwing around possible things that might happen and stirring the pot .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back