Once again, What about Dixon (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
Almost midway through January and no word yet on whats on LD's plate this coming season. Last time this was brought up the most common thought and hope seemed to be going over to the Force camp as a coach, driver or whatever. But with yesterdays JFR announcement that now seems to be not happening.

Man it will be a shame if Larry is not out there this year and and that looks as a real possibility as there does not seem to be much left out there. Time is getting short and even if he was starting his own team you would think that would have already leaked out somehow.

As far as the last time this came up, Larry's reaction times came into the discussion and as far as I'm concerned (I know I don't pay the bills) that's a bunch of bunk. He is still one of the best TF drivers ever and if I'm not mistaken 1 or 2 in most TF career wins.

Good luck Larry

I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps his possible absence from the tour this coming season might be intentional? You know, take a year off, smell the roses?? Spend time with the kiddos??

:confused:

There's been little to no comment from him to any press source, (That I'VE seen at least.) and I've a hard time believing the press hasn't been TRYING to get some sort of statement from him.

John???????

Last edited:
I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps his possible absence from the tour this coming season might be intentional? You know, take a year off, smell the roses?? Spend time with the kiddos??

:confused:

There's been little to no comment from him to any press source, (That I'VE seen at least.) and I've a hard time believing the press hasn't been TRYING to get some sort of statement from him.

John???????

I agree. I think Larry needs family time. Kudos to him for keeping family first. Will miss him at the track though. :(

I never bought into the 'LD as a possible team owner' rumors. As much as I'd love for that to be true, and how great that'd be for all involved, just can't see that happening considering the $ needed/required.

You would have to think a smaller funded team owner (i.e. Dexter Tuttle) has at least made attempts to contact LD if not just to gauge his interest.

How sweet would it be if he and Snake formed a partnership and started a team? Yes, I know. Very unlikely. But we can dream, right?!

As it's been mentioned before by others, the loss of LD even if only by 1 year would be a blow. I wish he and his family the best and just hope we see him in a firesuit come Pomona!

I'm guessing Larry taking a year off to "stop and smell the roses" isn't something he planned for this year.

Some of you guys really crack me up.
Some of you seem to care more about being a groupie, than just understanding that things in life change..
If the guy was smart and realized that he wasn't some rock star and invested smartly, he'll emerge just fine

Many drivers come and go.
Pick a car owner, and the list of those who kept the seat warm goes on and on, unless you are Roland Leong, and the list turns into a book.
Life happens, and people move on..

Last edited:
Some of you seem to care more about being a groupie, than just understanding that things in life change..
If the guy was smart and realized that he wasn't some rock star and invested smartly, he'll emerge just fine

Pick a car owner, and the list of those who kept the seat warm goes on and on, unless you are Roland Leong, and the list turns into a book.

Blind hero worship. There are some great people in this sport, but there are some real bad ones also. You will never convince the fan boy/groupie that his hero is anything but perfect. This has nothing to do with Larry.

The truth be really known.I bet Larry doesn`t need to work.He has invested his money wisely.Who do you think owns alot of the shops in Brownsberg????

The truth be really known.I bet Larry doesn`t need to work.He has invested his money wisely.Who do you think owns alot of the shops in Brownsberg????

How about Bill Simpson? Do I win a prize?

Larry Dixon is a likeable, talented and experienced Top Fuel pilot, but his absence will leave barely a ripple in the pond that is NHRA Championship Drag Racing.

Would I rather see him out there competing? Sure. But my decision to go to a drag race won't be influenced buy the fact that he is or isn't racing any more than it influenced my decision when Garlits or Muldowney or Snake or Beadle or Scelzi or Jungle or any other racer was racing.

What will influence my desire to spend my hard earned money will be NHRA's ability, or lack of ability, to put on a good, compeitive, fair and exciting show... regardless of who's driving.

I beleive he has invested wisely and owns several properties that he rents in the Indy area.

As for a ride for next season....just wait, the talking aint done yet :)

It's likely that the Sheik wanted someone from Qatar (Al Balooshi) in one of his cars eventually, and with Del recently retired, maybe the Sheik wanted to clean the slate and start with 2 new drivers?

We can only speculate as the real story may never come out, more info might emerge as the new season gets underway.

I have no beef against either of the new Al Anabi drivers, but the new lineup doesn't appeal to me the way that the Dixon / Worsham combo did. Both were all-Americans with a rich NHRA heritage. Yet another great driver on the sidelines....bugger :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back