Points System Idea (1 Viewer)

K20A2

Nitro Member
After seeing how the past two years of F1 finished it gave me an idea for the NHRA points system. What if they adopted the F1 style system?

1st - 10 points
2nd - 8 points
3rd - 6 points
4th - 5 points
5th - 4 points
6th - 3 points
7th - 2 points
8th - 1 points

This would mean that you would have to win first round in order to earn points. I wouldn't even bother to give out points for qualifying. The better you qualify the better ladder that you give yourself. In order to handle once people got into the points and still lost was rank them based upon time and speed.

This idea could make every round important (especially first round) and you will have to push your car to ensure the most points possible even if you lose. I think this can create the drama that the NHRA is trying to write in with this bs countdown deal.

the only points change I would want to see is the old system. I don't think PJ could take another change! :D

After seeing how the past two years of F1 finished it gave me an idea for the NHRA points system. What if they adopted the F1 style system?

1st - 10 points
2nd - 8 points
3rd - 6 points
4th - 5 points
5th - 4 points
6th - 3 points
7th - 2 points
8th - 1 points

This would mean that you would have to win first round in order to earn points. I wouldn't even bother to give out points for qualifying. The better you qualify the better ladder that you give yourself. In order to handle once people got into the points and still lost was rank them based upon time and speed.

This idea could make every round important (especially first round) and you will have to push your car to ensure the most points possible even if you lose. I think this can create the drama that the NHRA is trying to write in with this bs countdown deal.

I would also give a bonus point for low ET and Top Speed in each class.

As a lifelong tifosi I was heartbroken for Massa as he crossed the finish line World Champion, only to have Hamilton pass a car in the last corner almost 40 seconds later and then Hamilton was World Champion when he took the checkers.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back